The online racing simulator
GFC Movie
(39 posts, started )
Thanks everyone for all the feedback and constructive criticism - I really appreciate it.

I have two more videos planned. Another one to music but shorter. Expanding on some of my techniques, introducting some new ones and properly timing it in to the music. Just waiting to hear the right soundtrack.

The other one will be more of a GFC quali/race highlights video where you can follow the action, see the positions and watch replays, shot a lot like a TV programme.
#27 - Smax
With regard to commentary - use skype - when Tristan and I did the STCC races we initially used team speak. Part of the reason that I took so much flak for the sound of my voice in those early races was that teamspeak's quality isn't really good enough - the other part of the reason being that I actually do make Jack Dee sound interesting

Ironically I work in a contact centre
really nice effort GF
I found the nicknames too big though and it would've been nice to provide where he/she is from and maybe their age. But these are just minor suggestions for the next one

ps the site is looking very nice, well done
Quote from K.David :really nice effort GF
I found the nicknames too big though and it would've been nice to provide where he/she is from and maybe their age. But these are just minor suggestions for the next one

ps the site is looking very nice, well done

Thanks mate. I would like to get nations flags in the video but don't have the technology at present. Working on it though

Funnily enough I just PMed you in the gentlefoot forum.
IIRC you deleted my account as I had to resign from the league. I was doing so well

*checks the GFC forum*

It seems there is an active account there with my username but the e-mail address doesn't match so it must be someone else. Wow what are the odds of that?
Quote from Gentlefoot :I've thought about it - I know how I can do it. Would need two people commentating to work off one another. If you're up for it, for the next one maybe we can skype/teamspeak the commentary.

I've messed about with techniques for positions listings and replays etc and I definately wanna do it.

You've done trackdays and races so you can be Martin Brundle. I'll be Murray. Hang on, quick practice...

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC!

Yep, that's fine.
Rather you than me, good luck with that one guys
I was thinking about this last night. Not sure how we are gonna do this. Need to have a chat about it.
#34 - BURN
hey a bit late but now ive seen the complete video and really liked the action scenes. some really nice camera angles. very well done

Regards
Quote from BURN :hey a bit late but now ive seen the complete video and really liked the action scenes. some really nice camera angles. very well done

Regards

Nice one smokey - appreciate that Hope to see you on track again soon.
Two things that caught my eye. There is like 1:30 of black screen at the end of the video, could save on file size. Also why didn't you mention the champions? Other than that it was a great video, especially being 8+ minutes.
Quote from BigTime :Two things that caught my eye. There is like 1:30 of black screen at the end of the video, could save on file size. Also why didn't you mention the champions? Other than that it was a great video, especially being 8+ minutes.

Thanks for feedback - know about the black bit at the end. Not sure what happened there.

Couldn't name the champions cos when the vid was made the season was still running.
Quote from Gentlefoot :
Couldn't name the champions cos when the vid was made the season was still running.

LOL in that case.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Patience?? I posted originally on the 10th. 130 people viewed the thread but I didn't get any replies. That is why I was asking for comments.

Begging for comments never helps anything.

It's a nice video. Nothing particularly striking, but quite nice.

edit: I take that back, I really liked the music choice.

GFC Movie
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG