The online racing simulator
GFC Movie
(39 posts, started )
GFC Movie
Well, I thought I'd post now even though it's not quite finished yet.

It's still better than my previous efforts. Just need some good racing footage to fill the last 3.5 mins.

I'll do it tomorrow if I can face more video capture and editing lol

http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/gfcvideo2.html
I've finished this now. It's worth downloading the wmv file - the quality is much better.
Why doesn't anyone comment?
Über leage promo GF - very nice idd.
I like the way you bring the various drivers to life via nicknames. Makes me wanna join and see if I can find recognition for next season
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Its nice but more pacient's woulkd be nice to

Patience?? I posted originally on the 10th. 130 people viewed the thread but I didn't get any replies. That is why I was asking for comments.
Hm i need to learn wher to watch stats wqre can i view them so it wont happend again
#8 - Dru
Nice Video,

no ZWR coverage for earlier rounds (which is a shame)

BTW - received is spelt received not recieved.

7/10 Mr. GF
I watched it, but it was not finished even when you said it was finished. Blank in the end for few minutes.
Quote from pine-fin :I watched it, but it was not finished even when you said it was finished. Blank in the end for few minutes.

Did you watch the flash or the wmv? - I've watched it right the way through with no problems in both formats so this surprises me a bit.
The wmv file. It runs fine, but in the end, there was a minute or two a blank black screen.

EDIT: Im downloading it again, see if its any different. Maybe just a codec problem, who knows..
Quote from pine-fin :The wmv file. It runs fine, but in the end, there was a minute or two a blank black screen.

EDIT: Im downloading it again, see if its any different. Maybe just a codec problem, who knows..

Yes - right at the end after it says "what are you waiting for?" there is about a 30 second sound clip - you have to turn your volume up to hear it clearly. It's the sound of an engine cooling down after a run - tic-tic-tic.
Quote from Gentlefoot :..there is about a 30 second sound clip - you have to turn your volume up to hear it clearly. It's the sound of an engine cooling down after a run - tic-tic-tic.

Örr.. fun idea, but I can't hear the sound even when I cranked up the volume with headphones The 2,5 minutes black screen is annoying. Otherwise was fun to watch the racing part
Quote from pine-fin :Örr.. fun idea, but I can't hear the sound even when I cranked up the volume with headphones The 2,5 minutes black screen is annoying. Otherwise was fun to watch the racing part

Not sure what is up with your media player. It's only about 30 seconds. You hear the garage door shutting and then the tic-tic-tic for about 30 seconds. Thats all - not 2 and a half minutes.

Anyone else have this problem?
Ok, so it's definitely a codec issue. Since it plays same 2,5 minute empty loop with Winmediaplayer, winamp, divxplayer, bsplayer etc. whatever I tested it with.
Yeah, I get the lengthy black screen too - well over 2 minutes I would reckon.
Quote from pine-fin :Ok, so it's definitely a codec issue. Since it plays same 2,5 minute empty loop with Winmediaplayer, winamp, divxplayer, bsplayer etc. whatever I tested it with.

Actually - I take it all back There does seem to be some extra time got stuck on the end somehow. I uploaded it to youtube and I could see the total length was longer than it should be.

Will sort it out later.

Thanks for letting me know.
Lol.. I fold too easy, I would suck at poker if I played any.
#19 - Smax
The "Superstars" soundtrack made me giggle - I kept expecting Kev Keegan to turn up with a silly haircut and Brian Jacks to do eleventy dips on the parallel bars.

I thought the footage was nicely cut and edited,and the use of camera angle was sufficiently varied, although using rapid cuts always makes me feel like I'm watching a promo video not a race, since I find it difficult to follow what's happening. Given the variety in your clip I suppose I am.

Negatives for me - I hated your choice of font - I forget what it's called - battlefield or something?
I don't think the red text was really strong enough to stand out from the footage.

All in all a decent enough video although the flash version I watched on your site is obviously of a poor quality, I hope that has not affected my opinion of it, tbh I no longer play this game and can't really be bothered to download movie files illustrating that it doesn't appear to have moved on a great deal in the year since I last played it [cue hate posts and flaming bananas]
There you go...

:bananadea

I think there are at least 7 or 8 races featured on there, so it is not really a race you can follow. It is a super effort GF. I loved, just loved the FO8 to FOX segue where the camera was on the bridge. Very slick.

It would be super cool IMO if you did a proper season review and instead of a random pastiche to music actually recorded a commentary over it. It would have to be a really cheesey Murray Walker style "AND LOOK AT THAT! CONTACT!" sort of thing, but done right it could be the dogs gonads.
Loved the video GF. Lots of action and a good way to introduce us all to the world. Good choice of cameras throughout and I too liked the little segue across the bridge as it went from FO8 to FOX.

It would be nice to get some more video media done for the GFC, I'm still aiming to do the season highlights montage (set to music I'm afraid Stormy) soon so at least we have that as well.
#22 - FL!P
Excellent, GF, really!

I'm also seeing the two and half minutes of nothingness at the end of the wmv I downloaded, btw, but obviously nothing's missing so it's not a problem. Well done again, mate, brilliant job!
Very nice, but change the music please! It is rather outdated, I think anyway.
I`ll like it, some shortcoming there is, but they are allready pointed out over this post.
7/10 from me - good.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :There you go...

:bananadea

I think there are at least 7 or 8 races featured on there, so it is not really a race you can follow. It is a super effort GF. I loved, just loved the FO8 to FOX segue where the camera was on the bridge. Very slick.

It would be super cool IMO if you did a proper season review and instead of a random pastiche to music actually recorded a commentary over it. It would have to be a really cheesey Murray Walker style "AND LOOK AT THAT! CONTACT!" sort of thing, but done right it could be the dogs gonads.

I've thought about it - I know how I can do it. Would need two people commentating to work off one another. If you're up for it, for the next one maybe we can skype/teamspeak the commentary.

I've messed about with techniques for positions listings and replays etc and I definately wanna do it.

GFC Movie
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG