The online racing simulator
louder horn
(23 posts, started )
louder horn
make the horn louder so others can hear it more. in real life its alot louder than what it is now
Turn up your speakers? I doubt you will be able to get it as loud as a real car horn until you upset the neighbours
Imo it serves it's purpose (which is.. saying "thank you" or "screw you" when passing by?) well like it is now, but I wouldn't mind if it was louder either...
I actually agree with you, not a bad idea to maybe increase it`s volume a little.
It would give me another incentive to overwrite all my horn sound files with empty files. +1
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from speedway :
...and the "in real life" arguments around here get pretty boring tbh

Well why start one then?
Quote from speedway :i suppose you could tell me then why you would desperetly need louder horns

...so you can annoy or distract everyone even more?

and the "in real life" arguments around here get pretty boring tbh

Desperetly you say?
o_O

I only say it could be usefull with a little higher horn, it doesn`t need to be that much increased, just a little
Pump up the volume ... +1
yeah, yeah... old thread. but it's funny: I remember a "disable horn" thread.

one is obviously starteted by the wonkers... uh honkers, and one by the honked-at's.

yeah, yeah, yeah. turn it up until it's as loud as in real life... ... ... race cars??

i finally did it:

Quote from thisnameistaken :It would give me another incentive to overwrite all my horn sound files with empty files. +1

because 9 out of 10 times I'm honked at is because some faster guy behind me wants me to give way (in the same lap that is) meaning I have to leave my regular line to make his passing easier. haha.

so listen up, honkers: honk as much as you want to - it will distract no one but you anymore.

... and I will design a "I deleted my honk files..." sticker/jpg for the backs of our cars and post it here.
If an option is given to increase the horn volume I wouldn't mind so long as there is an official option to turn off the horns and annoying bleeps without deleting files.
ok did it.

take it, use it, spread it. resize to like, but keep the overall design, to show 'them', we stand united against 'the honk'.

Quote from thisnameistaken :It would give me another incentive to overwrite all my horn sound files with empty files. +1

or just replace them with sound files saying "i'm a (insert personal choice of insult)". I did it on a previous install when we still had horns on single seaters and it always brought a smile to my face when a car was behind me and couldn't make a pass and kept saying that he was a w*nk*r who couldn't drive

on the other hand i did crash a few times through getting the giggles when everyone went a bit horn crazy as it sounded rather like a foul mouthed version of the seagulls in finding nemo
Quote from Bandit77 :ok did it.

take it, use it, spread it. resize to like, but keep the overall design, to show 'them', we stand united against 'the honk'.

LOl
Why doesn't the OP make the horn files louder himself?

And anyone (ANYONE) who uses a horn whilst racing is a probably a nancy boy. And likes oval driver (that should get FM out of bed).
I've got an air horn on my car because I'm not allowed to cut people up on the road, and when other people do it to me, I like to register my displeasure at something approaching 140db in two tones designed to instill fear into other road users.

On the track, you can cut people up all week, and people call it great racing... and they have a right to do the same to you if they're fast enough and have the control.

So why would you need a horn? I'd take mine out to save weight on the track!
Quote from z3r0c00l :
So why would you need a horn? I'd take mine out to save weight on the track!

is your 'horn' heavy?

I wonder if silent wav-files weigh less than the original ones in my XFG.
lol - yes in real life i have a heavy horn, its got long trumpets made of metal, and tubed, and a bloody air compressor!

If i had a track car, I would take it out - along with anything else that does not improve laptimes.
Quote from tinvek :or just replace them with sound files saying "i'm a (insert personal choice of insult)". I did it on a previous install when we still had horns on single seaters and it always brought a smile to my face when a car was behind me and couldn't make a pass and kept saying that he was a w*nk*r who couldn't drive

on the other hand i did crash a few times through getting the giggles when everyone went a bit horn crazy as it sounded rather like a foul mouthed version of the seagulls in finding nemo

hahahahaha. To edit the sound files, what do you do? U need to record yourself then add them in? right?
Instead of increasing volum of the horn, you could simply decrease the exhaust volume of all cars.
#21 - Gunn
IRL my car horn is so pathetic that even when deep into a bout of road rage all I succeed in doing is making all the pedestrians within earshot check to see if their mobile phones are low on battery power. :doh: *meep*
#22 - Osco
Quote from z3r0c00l :lol - yes in real life i have a heavy horn, its got long trumpets made of metal, and tubed, and a bloody air compressor!

If i had a track car, I would take it out - along with anything else that does not improve laptimes.

such as yourself?

louder horn
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG