The online racing simulator
Shooting at Finnish School
(97 posts, started )
Funny 'polar bear stuff' from Times
Although the article has a few good points.
#52 - JTbo
Right, they don't air Dexter today because of this event, also one newspaper questioned motives of one company that opened their new HQ today and celebrated it with fireworks, flower hat syndrome is going tad too far, imo.
I do hope that we don`t need these silly debates about violent games after this. Of course, maybe this affected him, but I highly doubt that only BF made him do what he did.

There will allways be people that are fanatics about things, or just can`t see the difference in the virtual and real world. It`s a shame, and it`s really bad that they didn`t get the help they needed before it was too late.
You know that most pople that have done action like this is outsiders? People that don`t have it fine.
Many of those should have been taken care of before they did something wrong, and many of them could come back to common sence if they had any help.

The sad thing is that it doesn`t seems that people want to understand, or try to understand. People can sometimes be so harsh and pure evil minded towards other people, and sometimes it has consequences beyond imagination.

We should feel sorry for all parts in this tragedy, but do not forget that the biggest victim here is the killer. Something whent horrible wrong inside his head, and wrong became right. Maybe was it hate towards other people that in the end became to much for him, and sadly it was inocents that had to pay the high price of this.

So before you start judging, please try to put yourselfe in his situation. But understand me right, I DO NOT AGREE, OR JUSTIFY WHAT HE DID!, but I just don`t like it when you all are screaming out that he was just a mad man that only wished for blood.

And let me ask you a final question, who hasn`t been so angry at a time, that you wanted to kill? Of course you never did any action out of the thought, but you have to admit the thought were there. Then you understand, that with the right situation, the right mind situation and life situation, it could happend many people. Just see on love for example, people do things that are way out from common sence, and normally wouldn`t even dare to even think of doing.

A long post, and I jumping from subject to subject, but I just wanted to share my honest oppinion about things.
#55 - JTbo
TVE, I know what you mean and I do agree. Also I find it a shame that instead of solving true problem that lies behind this they concentrate banning tv-show or something like that, it makes me sad, but it is so little I can do for that
Quote from JTbo :TVE, I know what you mean and I do agree. Also I find it a shame that instead of solving true problem that lies behind this they concentrate banning tv-show or something like that, it makes me sad, but it is so little I can do for that

Thats so true.
Because there allways has to be one that can be blamed! Why is it this way? Is it just satisfy people, that we have something we can blame?
It`s like Hitler, blaming the jews for everything, it`s removing the focus away from the problem. The problem isn`t video games are violent movies, or even sex for that matter. The problem is humans. How humans are to eachothers, and how we ignoring the warning signs. I bet 10 bucks that every one of us have laughed or made fun at some point of a person, because we didn`t belive it would do any harm, that it would be harmless and the aim - person wouldn`t be personally hurt. But thats wrong, we don`t know how people will react, because people react on different ways, because we all have different bagasj (right spelled?) in our life, and we don`t know what the other person maybe are going around thinking. He may seem fine or o.k enough on the surface, but inside...it can be a mess, and it`s hard to detect.

I think we need to be better seeing the warning signs, and try to help those that falls outside the what we call "normal life situation", instead of allways having something to blame for the problems.
i don't think BF2 had enything to do with it, all tho can't leave it out. Its probably looads of reasons

just saying....

You got to be pretty insane to do stuff like that :tired:
Quote from Smurfen :i don't think BF2 had enything to do with it, all tho can't leave it out. Its probably looads of reasons

just saying....

You got to be pretty insane to do stuff like that :tired:

Was he insane or not? It`s a question by definition. Out from what we call "common sence" it`s what we call insanity. But what if our form and belive of common sence is wrong, what then?
We don`t know how he was in real life. We know that the ex - girl friend said that she never belived he was crazy, or capeable to this.

But isn`t this the same we says for a lot of murderes too?
" I never thought he was a man of that kind" , "I never thought he was capeable to do what he did. He allways seemed so nice"

The hardest thing to understand in this world, is the human.
saw this one on the news here in aus last night and in the paper today, i dont understand how people just click like that its pretty wierd .
Quote from Smurfen :http://www.bf2stats.nl/player/94933011/

the killers BF2 profile, he played bf2 1 hour before he went all crazy...

This is really interesting detail. I think he did that on purpose, regarding how he left his "manifest" in the youtube profile and told the nicks he had used and so on... everyone who's Sherlock enough can find interesting stuff from anyone just typing the name to the google.

Of course the downside is that eveyrone is making again GAMES = EVIL assumption - actually Youtube and internet has been more in the spotlight because of this, at least that saves games from getting to the crossfire of grandmas. Altough even our BBC-equivalent YLE (broadcasting company) made a news about that he played "shooting and war games".

I like when they said / he says that it should be debate around it, not just saying that the guy was crazy, sorry for the loss, ban all video games in Finnland, then case closed.

I`m not going to write as long as I did the answers before, but it`s important, or at least I think it`s important that we can speak and debate about this, and just don`t rush to a untrue conclusion.
WTF rating is pretty close to 100% in this:

It's so amusing and surrealistic but it's not fake, you can find this "press release" here:

http://www.westborobaptistchurch.com/fliers/index.html

Certain people + religion = Just disgusting.

The contact link on the page is dead. As a revenge I sent news tip to the yellow press.

#64 - Jakg
W...T...F...

Don't ya love religious nut-cases...

EDIT - Love thy Neighbour, except if he's a fag, eh...

EDIT 2 - Just as i was about to send them an email about how utterly stupid they are (with quotes like "Ireland has absolutely failed its duty to God. It has been wholly given over to the idea that it is okay to be a filthy fag."), i go to their contact page and i get a 404. Yay.
Nah, the average religious hypocrites...

Photoshop miracles
Attached images
Image4.jpg
Quote from Shotglass :i think youre misinterpreting the motives behind school shootings which most likely are revenge for severe humiliation through bullying (obviously blaming it on video games, just as a sidenote not directed at you, is a much easier cop out than holding society and the parents of both the bullies and the shooters responsible)

the reason why i point this out is that they will probably choose to exact said revenge personally instead of in a way that requires considerable distance to their targets like bombs or toxic gas

I tend to agree with this. but I still think that one day one of these school shooters will raise the bar and give up guns for something more devastating. The columbine shooters had pipe bombs, but they didn't set them off. I don't think violent video games have much to do with making people go off like this. I think that instead, those personality types are attracted those sort of games.

Like Hitler's Book, Mien Kamph is found in the possession of alot of serial killers, but I don't think that book is about that sort of behavior.

Strangely enough, Butter Pecan is a favorite flavor of ice-cream of serial killers as well.... you think that eating that could cause violent tendencies?

LOL I guess I should be glad my kids go to a school in gang land. They got metal detectors and a police substation.
Quote from Hyperactive :Nah, the average religious hypocrites...

Photoshop miracles

Malachi 2:3 : Behold, I will corrupt your dung, and spread seed upon your faces

Hehehehe.
Quote from deggis :The writer answers to the comments:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/t ... europe/article2841038.ece

What is this guy trying to be, somekind of giant brain who knows it all. He obviously didn't understand why people were pissed off with his previous analysis. It was not because he was trying to provoke a discussion, but because comparison to ancient mythology was stupid and the hard "facts" were pulled out of his arse or 18th century travel catalog. Sure the Kalevala is a nice epic, but I feel that foreneirs who haven't read it in Finnish can't understand the mythology and what it means...and that it is not the modern Finland. The discussion about what happened is on, we don't need some half tool who can't understand what he is writing about.

Quote from deggis :WTF rating is pretty close to 100% in this:

WTF indeed.
Just added my own thoughts, although I'm not sure they'll pass the censor check
#71 - Jakg
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Just added my own thoughts, although I'm not sure they'll pass the censor check

Added mine too. They should pass the censor check.

Last time I remember such a blunder was when Das Bild published a supposedly humorous but really hideous and ignorant commentary about Italians just before Italy-Germany (2-0). That made major news here and sparked an outrage, and Das Bild retired the commentary with apologies in Italian and German.

This is much more serious, of course, and should really need a disciplinary action. SamH said there's press accountability in England. We'll see.

Best comment: Still upset about F1, are you Mr Boyes?
Quote from deggis :And yet he continues his weird agenda:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/t ... europe/article2836362.ece

He has points but what do they have to do with this single event, is unknown.

Maybe bad experiences from a business trip?

Oh what a load of crap again. He got some problems correct, but I really doubt they have anything to do with this one madman. Besides, those problems are very common trough the western world anyway. And what is wrong blaming the shooter for all this? I mean, he was the one who did it. I do understand why you can search the reasons from the society, but only in to a point, and he dwells beyond the point I feel reasonable.

But above all I hate how he spreads all these prejudices about the Finns in every second sentence. Sure, we don't talk much as other Europeans, well, because over here empty talk is considered for the empty headed. Sure it's changing, the young people know the small talk and it's getting more common. But I do not understand how that idiot can't understand the concept of cultural differences. This is not like your country, get over with it you freaking idiot and pay some respect.
#74 - JTbo
Perhaps Mr.Boyes has not been too successful picking Finnish girl in a bar
Quote from JTbo :Perhaps Mr.Boyes has not been too successful picking Finnish girl in a bar

Is anyone?

Shooting at Finnish School
(97 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG