The online racing simulator
Shooting at Finnish School
(97 posts, started )
Strange there has not been topic about this yet, but , - in Finnland there has been a school shooting, for information about the case follow the link :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7082795.stm

Reminds me horrible much about those other episodes in America
I just saw it on RTÉ News

Like, why would someone do just a thing? And then turn the gun on himself?

Condolences to all families
Condolences. Sad to see this type of thing happening.
The shooter is in hospital under critical conditions. Hospital director said his chances are "non-existing". The actual victims are of course more important but I'm just interested about this because Finnish justice does not know a strict enough punishment for this (life sentence is basicly 12 years). If he survies he might walk away some day. So I honestly hope he is paralyzed (all four limbs). Should have enough time to think about his acts.

Finland has the third highest gun ownership rates per capita in the world. Maybe it was a ticking time bomb.

Also interesting to see how youtube has really become a phenomenon in the media. "The youtube shooting".
Quote from deggis :Also interesting to see how youtube has really become a phenomenon. I guess this will be remembered in the future as "the youtube shooting".

My five bucks says the scapegoats in this episode of Politicians Trying To Gain Personal Benefit From A Tragedy will be video games, heavy metal music, violent movies, certain imageboard and Youtube. Two latter they will silently-but-promptly try to IP ban nationwide.
#6 - SamH
Quote from spankmeyer :Two latter they will silently-but-promptly try to IP ban nationwide.

That's like banning paper and pencils to prevent suicides by removing the means to write a suicide note
#7 - bbman
Quote from SamH :That's like banning paper and pencils to prevent suicides by removing the means to write a suicide note

Has reason ever been a thing of "Politicians Trying To Gain Personal Benefit From A Tragedy"?
Sorry if this sounds rude, but I think the shooter deserves to suffer.

My condolences to all the victims
It`s sad to see things like this happend, and I can`t stop wondering why? What was it that he hated so much? And why does it allways have to be inocent victims, because someone has a hate towards something?

Condolence to people in Finnland
Quote from hrtburnout :Sorry if this sounds rude, but I think the shooter deserves to suffer.

Now reliable sources tell that the shooter has died in the hospital. According to the news there was 3 hours between the last shot (which was shot by the shooter, in his own head apparently) and when the police found him lying on the floor wounded. In a perverse way, knowing that gave some pleasure...

Quote from LFSn00b :Yes, it's been confirmed. The shooter has died in his injuries.

Good news

My condolences
Quote from spankmeyer :My five bucks says the scapegoats in this episode of Politicians Trying To Gain Personal Benefit From A Tragedy will be video games, heavy metal music, violent movies, certain imageboard and Youtube. Two latter they will silently-but-promptly try to IP ban nationwide.

The killer wrote, along with one of his Youtube videos, that it was his decision and nothing to do with the books he read, the music he listened to, the films he watched, or the games he played. Seems he expected that sort of a response too.
Quote from deggis :Also interesting to see how youtube has really become a phenomenon in the media.

Or, as a BBC reporter commented 'The gunman posted a video on 'ootoob' (Well, thats how she said it!)'

Quote from hrtburnout :Sorry if this sounds rude, but I think the shooter deserves to suffer.

I agree. I'm glad he died (that sounds even worse doesn't it!!)
#14 - JTbo
There has already been comments that all violent movies and games should be banned.

What really will happen is that they probably make it harder to get gun or just more expensive.

But if he would not have access to gun, would it saved anything? Of course not, he would probably used some bomb or some other tool in his private war (that is how he called it, hardly possible to have private war if other people are involved, eh?)

If using brains would be allowed in this country and if actually you could use what you got, this might never happened, but as kid was put to same mold as everyone he started to feel bad and as quite often those who feel bad, he also found wrong ways to channel his bad mood and energy.
However this is something most never realise to be a problem, probably it is "shooter playstation" that is a problem.

I'm sure there will be more to come in future, there has been so many things that has started to go wrong here that I'm sure there is lot more of those kids left alone that will be ticking time bomb.
Quote from JTbo :
I'm sure there will be more to come in future, there has been so many things that has started to go wrong here that I'm sure there is lot more of those kids left alone that will be ticking time bomb.

Yes, this is unfortunate and has more than some truth in it. I mean, many young people in this country are feeling very ill inside. You can see that just looking the suicide numbers, they are above European average with all ages over here, but I think the number of young people killing themself has gone up lately. But why? Hard to know really. Maybe the society is more competitive and people get more stressed when they are forced to grow up more and more earlier. There is a time bomb ticking away here, I hope we don't have to see more and this was it.

Makes me sad, condolences to the families, and strength for everyone involved.
I heard it on the radio today.

My thoughts are with the familys.
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
Quote from simscube :Man, why do people do this? I've been to a school during a shooting

because they are crazy?

OT: he posted a video on youtube before the shooting right? i have seen some of his videos and are crazy, tributes of the holocaust to the nazis and all that stuff of people that love death and suffering... really horrible
Condolences to the involved parties

Off course music, videogames and books influences in the personality you become. Such persons seeks more knowledge, and maby a book, or a videogame, or some blue music, pushed him over the edge ?

One common thing about the school killers, in the usa, was that they were not welcome in the "normal" world, amongst their scool mates.
They had low self esteem, and they lived in dreamworlds, fantasy worlds so to say.

I think that violent videogames can push such a person over the edge

I don`t think we should ban, games or music ! That`s for sure, but to say that they do not affect peoples minds !? That`s not rigth.
Its really sad that this kinda things happens(a lot) those ppl deserve a simple headshot,not jail,thats my opinion.
Quote from e2mustang :Its really sad that this kinda things happens(a lot) those ppl deserve a simple headshot,not jail,thats my opinion.

they deserve prison for life so they can really suffer for their acts, not a headshot, headshot is a way to escape easy, but cmon they deserve more than an escape... they kill people and there must me a punishment
Quote from LFSn00b :Why not just shoot into his own head?

Because the head is too ****ed up to understand. Trying to find reasons for stuff like this is useless. Mental illness exists and can't be completely cured. A human is able to do horrible things to each other, it has always done and always will.

If we want to do something as individuals, we should take care of our friends and family. Speculating things like this in public or buying the papers that just want to make money out of these situations only makes it worse. I bet that lots of finns that ciriticized the media priorities of reporting Virginia Tech fatalities over the days Iraq fatalities, are today picking up those yellow toilet papers before going to work, because a tragedy happened 'closer'.

I'd feel hypocritical to even condolence here, since I never knew anyone involved and don't think they would read it anyway. Of course I do feel very sad for the victims and their closest ones, but I believe that shutting up is the most reasonable thing. At lest left being speechless isn't quite hard this morning.
Quote from NitroNitrous :Good news

My condolences

Now tell me, how can it be good news that he died?
Of course he did a horrible thing and should be punisht for it, but no one deserves to die. He had a belive in his head, that he actually did something good, tho we know that it ain`t was good, and he probally just had a very confused mind.

Anyway, just wanted to point out that even he did that horrible thing, it`s not good to say it`s good he`s dead.
Quote from alland44 :I think that violent videogames can push such a person over the edge

I don`t think we should ban, games or music ! That`s for sure, but to say that they do not affect peoples minds !? That`s not rigth.

I think this applies to games too:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X6bbXgUNOws

I'm already afraid that age ratings laws regarding movies and games are getting more strict because of this. I bet there will be at least many hypocrite persons from "Grandmas Worried About Children" unions to blame tv and game violence on television talk shows during the next few weeks...

Someone just happened to be Sherlock enough and found his Battlefield 2 game stats (saying that he had been online just few hours before the act) from the net and now that's already all over the news and you can read between the lines that "the shooter was a video game nerd".

(97 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG