The online racing simulator
Java possible ??
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Chri
Java possible ??
Hi !!

I just was wondering if its possible to write insim programms with java ? I just can write java i want to learn c/c++ in future, but i have not enough time now. I really would like to know if i can use java for LFS, and where to get the informations ?? And is it hard to use it ?? I think i will need a library written in c++, right ??

I am happy for every information thank you for reading !!
(and sorry for my bad english)
As far as i know there is already programs made in Java for LFS so it should be no problem
#3 - Chri
Thats great !!!

I am happy to hear this!!! I already found the Jinsim version 0.4.91. But are there some tutorials or how to's for using java ? The documentation is very good, but i dont know how to begin, where to connect to LFS and how.
InSim is just a way of sending and receiving packets over a network, so any language that can create a network connection can use it. Java and almost every other language included.
Just play around with the "hello world" class a bit to get a feel for it. But you must know how to program in Java, and how to use the TCP and UDP connections.
#7 - Chri
Thanks for the link now i have the newest version (4.96)
I will play around with the examples and the "hello world" for lfs. Just need to learn a bit about TCP and UDP ceonnections with java, but i guess its not that hard

Very nice library @Brilwing !!
I also want to start trying to make some Insim stuff with Java ! :P

But I dunno but UDP TCP yet
Like it was mentioned two posts above, use the jinsim library as its already done all the wrapping of Insim communication and packet handling for you.

And its UDP or TCP, both are protocols for use on the IP routing stack that makes up the internet. Here's some background: http://www.yale.edu/pclt/COMM/TCPIP.HTM

Quote from RudiTurbo :I also want to start trying to make some Insim stuff with Java ! :P

But I dunno but UDP TCP yet

Java possible ??
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG