The online racing simulator

Poll : Which setup of track length vs. laps do you prefer?

Medium track (1:20-2:20), medium number of laps
Long track (2:20+), few laps
Short track (like less than 1:20 lap time), many laps
Which setup of track length vs. laps do you prefer?
Like, do you prefer a long track with few laps, or a short track with many laps? I like doing a short track with many laps better because there are less places to screw up.
Long track less laps everytime.
Where is the long lap, many laps option? :P
In my limited LFS experience so far I prefer the medium/long ones. (two of my favourites are Aston Historic/national) It's more challenging with longer tracks because, as you said, there are more places to screw up.
#5 - bbman
Don't care, it's the total time a race takes that counts... Both have their up- and downsides, both are challenging in their own ways...
#6 - ajp71
I would like the standard LFS pickup race to be 10-15 minutes on a range of short and long circuits, atm the standard races are a bit too short and have too many restarts IMO. For anything longer than 20 minutes I like a long (as in really really long) track
Well, lapcount really depends on track lenght but ~30min races would be optimal and then occasionally have some 2h mini-endurance races.

My pedals are causing bit of a problem on long run due to crappy design that starts to hurt my heel after a while.
#8 - JTbo
Short tracks are often those that offer more interesting racing, specially those where it is harder to use all engine's potential.

But what ever length of track is, there should be lot of laps, more than 10 is needed for longest tracks and of course more needed when track is shorter so that you can't make low pressure tires to set and go as fast as in hotlapping mode, racing should not resemble hotlapping, imo.

Of course my opinion is coloured by fact that I do enjoy from tactical side of racing much more than winning
Who needs tactics, just apply your evil mindtricks and break your opponent's concentration
#10 - JTbo
Quote from Crommi :Who needs tactics, just apply your evil mindtricks and break your opponent's concentration

That _is_ part of tactics too, there is really lot of what belongs into tactics, evil mind tricks are one example what they can contain
Quote from JTbo :...specially those where it is harder to use all engine's potential.

So your ideal combo would be LX8 on SO Classic hmm I think that would be awsome too had an absolute blast in the LX6 there last night. And some LX4 fun on WE1 and AS Club LX8 on those combo's would be pure driving pleasure
Where is the option, short track and short race?
Nothing is as fun as a 5 lap rallycross race on eighter BL2 or Fe6!
#13 - JTbo
Quote from Glenn67 :So your ideal combo would be LX8 on SO Classic hmm I think that would be awsome too had an absolute blast in the LX6 there last night. And some LX4 fun on WE1 and AS Club LX8 on those combo's would be pure driving pleasure

With exception of having more than one possible line trough corners, so that overtaking would actually happen because of speed difference and/or evil mind tricks

One thing I dislike in SO is that you have to get corner perfectly right or you will get crashes, 1-2 meter of loose is something I could allow, even that would mean hitting grass etc.
#14 - adin
Its doesn't really matter for me but I prefer short tracks

-Second option. I think that it is good compromise.
Nice poll.

I chose short track many laps, I just prefer sprint racing close tightly packed for longer less drawn out and the lead pack often has to overtake back markers making it even more exciting.

I love south city, I love bombing around and seeing cars flying everywhere and tricky gradients causing locks ups and mayhem. I could race south city all day long through the good and bad times i am always grinning a smile.
I think it's easier to make a new PB (or even WR?) on a long track. I don't care about the length of the lap, when racing however. So I didn't vote.
Short laps ftw, aswell as short races.
Like I mention rallycross tracks are awesome, but also FE club and SO classic are great tracks
I didn't vote 'cause there wern't enough options. I like long lap, long races. (meaning 2-10min laps and 10-999999999 laps).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG