The online racing simulator
Race Spectator
(117 posts, started )
Hello Firefox,

perhaps I've discovered another bug.
With this config block, race spectator won't startup correctly. The main window stays empty.

[Teams]
team count=20
Team 1=Alias Racing,Astro [ BJRL ],Franke,Andrew G
Team 2=Team Inferno,dpalonso,commander,bash0r,csurdongulos,bruno7529,edgar,Palee
Team 3=eXcite-Racing,Mr.Sing,Michael Leisterer,cyprien
Team 4=FAC - Finnish Automobile Club,plehto,oxygene,azaazaa,profi
Team 5=Karma Racing,Goucha,Hash_Gordon,Tifozi
Team 6=FPR - Factory Phantom Racing,Mr Soocerer,DonTob,nobo
Team 7=Cheryl's Team Racing,clare b sheppard,ksheppard
Team 8=TPS Racing,paXton,Big.H,T-o-D Zoom,Mr.Iron,M. Oliver
Team 9=MCS720,Drizzt_ZA,YorkHunt
Team 10=LFSLA,locovich,diego fr,becker,nach
Team 11=n1 - NordicOne Racing,J.s.S,jahvetti
Team 12=Fluid Racing,indie,GTR_PT,Max-Biaggi
Team 13=Racing Minds,Carlson74,w1ldport75,commandermas,ThrILL
Team 14=Czech e-Racing Team (CeRT),KID222,Itar (CZ)
Team 15=MCS720,Nucron,BoristheBlade
Team 16=LFSLA,-javif-,ariel_eb,nexxus,germangoose
Team 17=Racing Minds,CRC Snightlo,Ultra15,SRR Marty
Team 18=Karma Racing,PUPILO,_CoNcEpT_
Team 19=n1 - NordicOne Racing,Seme,Primoz
Team 20=Kaaz Gaming,LFSn00b,Dennis93
penalty disconnect=0
penalty pitted=1

I have to note, that I edited the ini with notepad, and not within the gui.

paXton
Ah right, I see the bug already
Team 10=LFSLA,locovich,diego fr,becker,nach
and
Team 16=LFSLA,-javif-,ariel_eb,nexxus,germangoose

Both has the same 'team name'! I think the teamname should be unique so it ignores the 2nd entry. "LFSLA A" or "LFSLA 1" should fix it.
I'll see if i can display an error message orso, so if someone has this problem again, they know where to look.
Edit: Same this as "MCS720" & "Racing Minds" & "n1 - NordicOne Racing"
Quote from FireFox86 :Both has the same 'team name'! I think the teamname should be unique so it ignores the 2nd entry. "LFSLA A" or "LFSLA 1" should fix it.

yeah, works now with different names.
Thanks for your quick answer.

paXton
Quote from FireFox86 :Updated
  1. Track view zooming by + & - keys
  2. Fixed Admin/Spectator Password bug.
Download

Sry, but I only get a blank page at any of the final gear adresses ...
Quote from Cawwa :Sry, but I only get a blank page at any of the final gear adresses ...

the link works at finalgear, you just have to give it a sec before the server starts sending it to you. it's a delayed download.

EDIT: nvm, seems the site is down.
Thx, at least it's a newer version then mine ..
How is progress on rendering the race in 3D coming along?
Perhaps give Becky a pm. She did something similar in her try called race watcher i think it was called.
I'll keep that in mind. But I don't have much time continue developing/improving it. I'll try to do some stuff, when I can but time is really the factor.
Quote from FireFox86 :haven't experienced that myself when I was focused at the driver swapping.
More info would be ideal

i have had this (and every other who tried to watch a MOE race via the tool) that we got random hangs after some time (which seem to be related to the druver change) which needed us to reconnect to the server again.
For some reason that also caused some trouble to the whole insim relay that had issues on the same day as the races...

just posting what happend.
You were right. I checked the code again, did some through testing and fixed the bug.
Did multiple take over with either stay on the server, or reconnect to the server.
Release will be in a few weeks though. Before the MoE races
good job
will it include some kind of 3d track representation?
No, the 3D is not finished. Next year :P
Quote from FireFox86 :You were right. I checked the code again, did some through testing and fixed the bug.
Did multiple take over with either stay on the server, or reconnect to the server.
Release will be in a few weeks though. Before the MoE races

Fantastic, thanks!
Before I release the final one, I would like to know what kind of information you are missing in RS?
i've updated the GUI a bit, you can drag and drop the windows and lock them top,bottom,left and right. Put the windows in autohide and when you hover your mouse above the tab, it will display the window. I'll post a beta in a few days, just for testing and getting some feedback.
Note: Some hosts are running the test patch. If the track is SO6, RS can't find the file to draw the track. When Patch Y is released, I'll update RS! Or you can place the S06.pth file in the pth directory
Well what i find a bit weird is if i zoom the trackwinwdow it get pieces of track out of window. Maybe some kind of centering is possible so with zoom it stays more focussed. Maybe its even fixed now since i dont know what you have all done. I should not have to move the map inside the window only zoom/unzoom and its always centered.
Yeah, indeed. Its was kinda messy to zoom and move the track. If you zoom now it automatically centers the track.
To display a bit more 'track' information i'm trying to display the info of each node.
Green line should be the DriveLeft and the blue line should be DriveRight. So it should give a good indication of the drivable area of the track. Dunno why its intersecting in some places

Maybe this should be in the programming area, anyway
Not if you want users opinions. Think its just fine here since its not code-talk
Right
Can anyone see if the driver swap bug appears now?
Race Spectator Beta (don't overwrite the old files, keep a backup)
Some feedback about the windows/position/information would be nice
I had a quick glance:
- As remarked earlier: Track display is centered when you zoom, which is awkward.
- It would be handier IMHO if the buttons/hotkeys for the views are toggling: if view is already open then close it.
- There seems to be a bug in the calculation (see screenshot). The track is FE3R, which has 3 sectors. In the results view, the time for the 3rd sector has been added to that of the 2nd.
- When two cars are close, their labels overlap, and thus hard to read. Perhaps you can plot one to the left and one to the right of the moving dot.
- Cosmetic: "Team Results" view is named "Teams Results" on tab.
Attached images
naamloos.PNG
Hello,

I don't know, if anyone wrote here before me, but if on the server runs SO Chicane Route, I can't see chat log, track... And FBM is missing in Race SPectator too, isn't it? Will be update? + Blackwood is changed...

I hope you understand what I mean, my english isn't perfect, maybe it's even terrible, so...

EDIT:
Aha, I see FBM is included, but the SO6...
do you use the LFSLib.Net for development ?

Race Spectator
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG