The online racing simulator
Low FPS 8800GTS
(33 posts, started )
Low FPS 8800GTS
I bought a new pc:
C2D E6750 2.7ghz
Patriot 2gb rams 800mhz
XFX 8800GTS 320mb 320bit

I am shocked about lfs performance. I play on 1680x1050. No aa no af. Vsync is off in nvidia. And only 50-60fps all the time. For example, on rfactor on full i get 150-300fps and it's more beautifuly.

Some screens: http://www.ipix.lt/out.php/i278364_Untitled.jpg

So what do you think about this one?
Have you turned off vsync and the frame rate limiter?
(I'm talking about the two topmost settings in Options > Misc)
download the new nVidia Drivers, search on google for them, then you should get around...200fps
THANKS> i didnt know that there is fps limiter . now i get 200-330fps.
Quote from SuperHP :THANKS> i didnt know that there is fps limiter . now i get 200-330fps.

good good
Glad I could help
#8 - Mogar
Well, I personally would stick with V-Sync turned on if your system can sustain over 60 fps all the time.

There are basically two advantages on doing that:

1- You avoid texture tearing (as if the solid objects gets broken and separated). This allow you a better image quality on movements, and on LFS you are able to see more far objects with precision, what is better for braking point references.

2- You get a more fluid image. Specially on CRTs, you feel like if there is more than 60 fps. This is due to frame aliasing (the same effect that makes a wheel looks steady when turning when recorded).

I have a high sensivity to image changes. I can tell if a CRT is at 60Hz, 75Hz or 85Hz (and there is a noticeable difference between 75Hz and 85Hz for me), so some may not notice the effects I told above.
could i ask what cpu you have?

im just inquisitive hence my pc setup;
Pentium 4 HZ
1GB Ram
3.06Ghz
Nvidia 6200 LE (Soon to be 8800GTS 320MB)
#10 - wien
Quote from Mogar :Well, I personally would stick with V-Sync turned on if your system can sustain over 60 fps all the time.

Indeed. There is absolutely no point in disabling it other than bragging rights. Your monitor can't display more than 60FPS either way (I'm assuming LCD here), so you might as well enable v-sync and give your GPU/CPU a break. Maybe do some folding with the remaining cycles. Cure cancer while driving.
#11 - Jakg
Quote from dez-2k7 :could i ask what cpu you have?

im just inquisitive hence my pc setup;
Pentium 4 HZ
1GB Ram
3.06Ghz
Nvidia 6200 LE (Soon to be 8800GTS 320MB)

I really wouldn't get an 8800GTS - the 8800GT is cheaper and performs a little better and even if you put an 8600GTS in there the CPU would still hold it back massively.
Quote from Jakg :I really wouldn't get an 8800GTS - the 8800GT is cheaper and performs a little better and even if you put an 8600GTS in there the CPU would still hold it back massively.

Hmm, yeah im still undecided on what im getting

My dads mate will be helping and he's pretty clued up about computers

...But thnks for the heads up
Quote from SuperHP :I bought a new pc:
C2D E6750 2.7ghz
Patriot 2gb rams 800mhz
XFX 8800GTS 320mb 320bit

I am shocked about lfs performance. I play on 1680x1050. No aa no af. Vsync is off in nvidia. And only 50-60fps all the time. For example, on rfactor on full i get 150-300fps and it's more beautifuly.

Some screens: http://www.ipix.lt/out.php/i278364_Untitled.jpg

So what do you think about this one?

If your getting healthy FPS levels, i suggest turning up your graphics in LFS (LOD's on max, and mip bia's on 0.00.) and then add some AA and AF. This will make LFS look alot better, and wont affect performance that bad.
Has anyone else noticed that with VSync on there is input lag? I got an 8800GTX and a Core2Duo 6600 @ 3,4 ghz machine so FPS wise I'm pretty much covered with LFS. But when I enable VSync, I got noticeable input lag (I turn the wheel and the wheel in-game doesn't respond immediately but with a little delay). I have this problem with my current G25 and my older Momo and with different vga's (I had an 8800GTS 640 back then)
i get 500fps + tryna get it to 1000 on high detail still
Attached images
500fps.jpg
Quote from harjun :i get 500fps + tryna get it to 1000 on high detail still

Im confused. What does this have to do with anything?
On topic - F*****g hell! 500fps! id be pushing it if i was a 10th of that...

Off topic - Omg! Nathan french's mini has a turbocharged k20a2?!?! i bet that thing goes like lightning
it goes like any 280bhp car would, when it goes past 4000 revs, lol...
Not much to say about VSync and input lag anyone?
Quote from harjun :it goes like any 280bhp car would, when it goes past 4000 revs, lol...

...Power to weight ratio...?
Quote from harjun :it goes like any 280bhp car would, when it goes past 4000 revs, lol...

*sigh* You obviously have'nt been in a small car with this kind of power.

Oh, so your only saying the power kicks in when your past 4k revs?
Wrong. Turbo kicks in at 3800 rpm, and v-tec is adjustable, so i can make it kick in at whatever revs i want via a SFC controller.

So no, it does'nt go like any car with 280hp.

Anyway, this guy has had his problem sorted.

/me votes for a close.
#22 - wien
Quote from Makinen :Not much to say about VSync and input lag anyone?

Can't say I've experienced the same thing myself. In theory you'd get, in the absolute worst case, 16 ms more latency by enabling v-sync (assuming 60Hz monitor), but that would also be accompanied by a framerate of around 30 so that would hardly be applicable on your computer. If you're at a constant 60FPS the delay shouldn't be noticable.

If you do indeed get noticable input lag with v-sync enabled there must be something else going on. Or you've got super-human senses. Maybe you've forced triple buffering through the driver or something?

try taking that same pic in fullscreen mode and unpaused. you'll soon see that moving objects use more cpu than static (paused) objects. and windowed mode increased your fps too.

Whats the point? you wont get more that what your monitors refresh rate is anyway. afaik the standard TFT is 60hz therefore you can only physically see 60fps anyways . you might as well had some AA and AF and make it look pretty and still get around 100fps, rather than it looking crap and having m3g4l0lz FPS.

EDIT : im sure jakg has said this hundreds of times to people thinking that 500fps is l33t y0.
no, that was on 16AA and 16 AF

i get more fps in non windowed mode though...i was just using windowed because i was having fun in tweak, the only tracks i get around 400fps is WE, and AU

@ Nathan, you can do it in any boost car, just change the peak on the boost controller....and theres no point really having that much bhp in a FWD car, unless its on slicks, which it is, so i suppose its alright..

Low FPS 8800GTS
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG