The online racing simulator
Low FPS 8800GTS
(33 posts, started )
Stop trying to tell people things when they know more about it than you Harjun and stop posting about your FPS at every opportunity you get, especially when it's in a situation that means nothing to actual game play performance.

These are just 2 of the reason why you piss people off and most of your threads get locked, why they go off topic and why you get ripped apart ALL THE TIME!

You need to start understanding this now! I thought you were going away/taking a break as well?
@Nathan_French_14 and Harjun - Well, i saw a video of a 250bhp honda civic with a k20 whuppin the ass of a BMW M3, now, Nathans mini probably weighs half of what a civic weighs, and by looking at his avatar, it looks pretty stripped down, to as light as what he can get it to, and ontop of that its got an extra 30hp..

@Harjun - So, the solution to your problem is.. its sure not fast in your eyes.. but it could whup the ass of a BMW M3
so what if it could beat the M3 the M3 is standard, if has had the same effort put into it as frenchys mini has, then it would be faster
i'm trying to say if the M3 had received the same amount of modification as frenchys mini had, the m3 would be faster
#31 - wien
While all this dick waving is intensely interesting, do you guys mind taking it to PMs?
@harjun - stfu

@everyone using Vsync - it doesn't save CPU/GPU cycles, it waits for a refresh signal from the monitor then sends a frame. Before that, unsent frames are dropped. Thus it has no advantage other than stopping tearing.

I am a firm believer of not using Vsync. I play CS a lot and I'll never play with Vsync as it does seem to slow things down. I've discussed this a lot in a previous topic and tbh don't have the time to discuss it now, suffice to say I think the result was there are no real advantages to Vsync other than stopping tearing.
#33 - wien
Quote from pb32000 :@harjun - stfu

@everyone using Vsync - it doesn't save CPU/GPU cycles, it waits for a refresh signal from the monitor then sends a frame. Before that, unsent frames are dropped. Thus it has no advantage other than stopping tearing.

No frames are dropped. Frames are just delayed until the monitor redraws. Older drivers would very often busy wait while they were waiting for the monitor to redraw, and in those cases you wouldn't save any CPU, but most recent drivers do in fact yield to other threads while waiting, so you most definitely save CPU cycles. I certainly do on my computer.

Low FPS 8800GTS
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG