The online racing simulator
**NEW** Police Siren
(16 posts, started )
**NEW** Police Siren
hey all! A couple weeks ago I changed the HORN5 in LFS for a police horn to add a more 'realistic' effect (I KNOW!!) to police chases and cruising, I found a couple but none of them were what I expected them 2 sound like (i was expecting the same sound as British cop cars) so I downloaded a free sound editor and used the 2 horns I'd previously downloaded and put them together to make the sound I wanted!!!

Well anyway!!!! (soz 4 rantin on a bit :shy Here it is!

P.S I downloaded the first horn in the download section of the [TC] webby

sorry I don't memba where I got the other 1!!!
All Credit to original horn makers, i jus put them together 2 make them better
Attached files
HORN5.rar - 1.8 MB - 12231 views
#2 - Lible
Quote from LFSn00b :Did you ask the permission of the original horn maker(s)?

What the hell is wrong with you. Instead of saying thanks or something you start asking questions like that. It's his problem not ours.
He is what one would call, a forum nazi.
Quote from naf786 :hey all! A couple weeks ago I changed the HORN5 in LFS for a police horn to add a more 'realistic' effect (I KNOW!!) to police chases and cruising, I found a couple but none of them were what I expected them 2 sound like (i was expecting the same sound as British cop cars) so I downloaded a free sound editor and used the 2 horns I'd previously downloaded and put them together to make the sound I wanted!!!

^^^
not working
Quote from naf786 :hey all! A couple weeks ago I changed the HORN5 in LFS for a police horn to add a more 'realistic' effect (I KNOW!!) to police chases and cruising, I found a couple but none of them were what I expected them 2 sound like (i was expecting the same sound as British cop cars) so I downloaded a free sound editor and used the 2 horns I'd previously downloaded and put them together to make the sound I wanted!!!

i downloaded it but i cant get it to work, how do u install it?
Quote from billium-sherlock :i downloaded it but i cant get it to work, how do u install it?

Hey there, u need a file unzipper such as Winrar or similar to unzip the file, then simply copy and paste the HORN5 file to: (LFS directory)/data/sound
It should overwrite the current HORN5 file (it may warn you of this so accept the notification)

After that it should work fine!
Have Fun!!
Don't forget to press Shift+W in LFS afterwards, if LFS is running at the time of the horn change.

If not, it should work fine.
Nice bro Works Great
good work on putting these two sound waves together now idk if u do alot of texture mods or vob mods but if you could possibly find or make a crown vic sound texture and vob mod that would be awesome! thanks!

~*Playboy*~
Quote from unitedstatesmarinecorps :good work on putting these two sound waves together now idk if u do alot of texture mods or vob mods but if you could possibly find or make a crown vic sound texture and vob mod that would be awesome! thanks!

~*Playboy*~

Do not ask for a vob mod on the forum, that is just asking for a ban!
that is actually really good
I've downloaded it, done everything, still doesn't work, How do I fix this?
Quote from naf786 :Hey there, u need a file unzipper such as Winrar or similar to unzip the file, then simply copy and paste the HORN5 file to: (LFS directory)/data/sound
It should overwrite the current HORN5 file (it may warn you of this so accept the notification)

After that it should work fine!
Have Fun!!

What button is it to activate the siren sound?
Quote from Features_Gaming :What button is it to activate the siren sound?

Its the same button as the regular horn. Use Shift+H to change horn sounds.

Ps: Please don't bump dead threads. 5 years old was the last post pls.
It is a siren so depending on the the type of siren you should rename it to either Sirenfast or Sirenslow and put it in the lfs/data/sounds folder

**NEW** Police Siren
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG