The online racing simulator
Keyboard racers/drifters
(4 posts, started )
#1 - GaB
Keyboard racers/drifters
Right, so i have my sensitivity maxed out for the keyboard, how do you keep cars so steady? and how can you run normals, and red tires? since there is like no acceleration control? this has been frustrating me for a while, im using keyboard with help. thanks in advance guys
Well obviously with the keyboard you're dealing with an on or off function, which makes the more powerful cars really hard to deal with. Since you're a demo user I'll assume the one you're having real issues with is the XRT. I could never drive it with the keyboard, because if that turbo kicks in coming out of a corner, it's near impossible not to then spin out.

For steering you can get away with tapping the buttons (like we all had to before analogue controls existed!), but that's harder with acceleration. You can't keep optimum hp/torque if your revs are jumping up and down all over the place, so you're never really all that competitive with a keyboard. And if the car is light/high-powered, each time you tap the button your rear wheels will try to pull away from the fronts and you're then recovering all the time instead of driving smoothly.

The AWD cars and FWD cars aren't too bad, and even some of the lower powered RWDs can be kept on the track with the keyboard, but if you want to be up there with the pack the odds are you'll need to invest in either a joypad (the cheap option) or a wheel.
#3 - robt
like dajmin said, its all about tapping. you can even drive the FO8 with keys ok if you know what your doing. (used to be easier pre-physics patch for some reason, everyone said the cars are easier now ) keep the sensitivity of the steering at 1.00 and put the return between 0.5 and 0.8 and the rest is just balancing things.
One thing i have found to work in ff cars on long corners where u need to keep speed.... say its a right hander just tap the steering and acceleration with your index and middle finger like they are legs running (bad description i know! i guess if you use the arrow keys like me it makes that idea much easier)
You could always have the button push thing set so when you push the accelerate thing it will go slower so it accelerates the right way..its best to experiment with it though.

Keyboard racers/drifters
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG