The online racing simulator
Cool...

Let's see what you can get with this one.

The car's logo was kinda obvious (to some people!) - so i've removed it!

EDIT: Er, hang on a minute - how did I get it right and NitroNitrous got it wrong? We put the same thing?
Attached images
car.jpg
I replied to NitroNitrous, as you just confirmed his answer in previous post - sorry for the confusion.
daihatsu maybe?
mitubishi galant?
No problem, go on J@tko

Mercury?
looks correct to me..
Yep - that's correct - I knew some American would get it cos they're only sold in America!!
Aren't the New Infiniti's just rip offs of Nissans?
Yes, I think so.

Lexuses (or as I call them, Lexi! [pronounced with an I i]) are just Toyotas and Acuras are just Hondas. Its because Amerians won't buy Japanese Cars, so they just rename them!!

P.S Thanks NitroNitrous! Sorry for the confusion too - I only noticed after I posted!!
And the reason for them not wanting japanese cars? Yes people, it's because of World War 2...
Vauxhall / Opel anyone ?
Quote from BlueFlame :And the reason for them not wanting japanese cars? Yes people, it's because of World War 2...

Wrong. It's branding and image.

Honda and Toyota initially came to America with very affordable small cars (mopeds in Honda's case). Thus American's related them to small, afordable cars.

It was difficult for them to shed the image of "cheap", and their more expensive models didn't sell well. They then created upscale brands of Acura and Lexus to shed the "cheap" image.

Imagine now if Kia came out with a car rivaling the Mercedes S-class in price. It would tank.
Quote from srdsprinter :Imagine now if Kia came out with a car rivaling the Mercedes S-class in price. It would tank.

Exactly! Renault's Avantime sold less in its total life time than Lotus sells Elises and Exiges in one year! Also, their Vel Satis and Vauxhall's Omega and Signum have barely sold any. Other examples include the Citroen C6, Pug 607........

Unless it has the badge, then it won't sell. You don't get McDonalds selling Caviar and Champagne do you!
The Volkswagen Phaeton W12 comes to mind too.
Um....somebody else post a car for me, please.
Here you go, nice and intermediate.
Attached images
rollsroyce1.JPG
Quote from srdsprinter :The Volkswagen Phaeton W12 comes to mind too.

That's the one I was thinking of!!

Haven't a clue what the car is! Could you post a better picture as I can't really see much from that one!! Or is that supposed to be the challenge!
Quote from srdsprinter :Wrong. It's branding and image.

Honda and Toyota initially came to America with very affordable small cars (mopeds in Honda's case). Thus American's related them to small, afordable cars.

It was difficult for them to shed the image of "cheap", and their more expensive models didn't sell well. They then created upscale brands of Acura and Lexus to shed the "cheap" image.

Imagine now if Kia came out with a car rivaling the Mercedes S-class in price. It would tank.

No, it's the same in the UK, Japanese cars still have the reputation of cheapness, but unlike the US, the UK don't hold grudges.. That is why the metaphor you used about Kia stands, because it is the same in the UK too.

Sorry but it is the truth, we are all on the same mountain in regards to the branding images of Japanese cars in Europe and America so that's not the real reason behind Acura and Infiniti.

Lexus is different, because they do carry across some Toyota models, but most often than not, they have made they own executive cars, so IMO they are a totally different brand to Toyota or at least an semi-independant faction, interms of development and design and Lexus is the only company we get over in the UK that is branded as one of these 'image' manufacturers.

I'm suprised it's not the same for German cars over there, but the Germans didn't attack America, the Japanese did.
Quote from BlueFlame :No, it's the same in the UK, Japanese cars still have the reputation of cheapness, but unlike the US, the UK don't hold grudges.. That is why the metaphor you used about Kia stands, because it is the same in the UK too.

Sorry but it is the truth, we are all on the same mountain in regards to the branding images of Japanese cars in Europe and America so that's not the real reason behind Acura and Infiniti.

Lexus is different, because they do carry across some Toyota models, but most often than not, they have made they own executive cars, so IMO they are a totally different brand to Toyota or at least an semi-independant faction, interms of development and design and Lexus is the only company we get over in the UK that is branded as one of these 'image' manufacturers.

I'm suprised it's not the same for German cars over there, but the Germans didn't attack America, the Japanese did.

Dude, you're wrong.

If you were right then we would have the same "issues" buying German cars. But we don't.

It's why the VW Phaeton fails miserably, the car doesn't match the brand.

No-one is "fooled" into thinking Acuras, Lexus, and Infiniti are not Japanese. Its just an upscale version with branding to suit the cars.

Quote :The Infiniti brand was introduced in the United States in 1989. Its purpose back then, as it is now, was to create and sell premium vehicles in America that wouldn't have otherwise fit in with Nissan's more mainstream image.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiniti
Quote from BlueFlame :Here you go, nice and intermediate.

Volga. ЫЫ!

Must be GAZ 3102 or something else.

Edit:
Quote from srdsprinter :Dude, you're wrong.

If you were right then we would have the same "issues" buying German cars. But we don't.

It's why the VW Phaeton fails miserably, the car doesn't match the brand.

No-one is "fooled" into thinking Acuras, Lexus, and Infiniti are not Japanese. Its just an upscale version with branding to suit the cars.

Tell me then, why don't we have Acura or Infiniti anywhere else in the world?

Funnycat - You're right of course http://www.polikoff.spb.ru/img/volga%201.jpg Gaz 3110 I believe
Volga GAZ-3110

What am i?
(6421 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG