The online racing simulator
Unlock related questions [solved]
Hi,

I've bought a license to Live for Speed, and I've unlocked it successfully. The problem is that i have two different operating system on my PC (win32 and win64), so i had to unlock LFS for two times to be able to run it on both OS's. But then, I have locked one of them just to race on demo servers, and one more time because I had some problems with the 32 bit OS version (crashes and low FPS rates), and had to format it. So when I've tried to unlock LFS one more time it says that I have spend all the unlocks . Now i can't run LFS on both OS's.

My questions are:

Can I run LFS unlocked in demo servers, or do I have to go to the unregistered version ?

Every time I switch beetwen each version (demo/registered) does it count as a lock/unlock procedure, even when it's running on the same computer and OS ?

I feel kind of hungry because I can't run my recent bought software. Just on the next month...

buuuaaaaaa....

Hope there's a solution to this anoying thing...

Regards,

MaxMerlin
#2 - Spurs
You do not need to lock LFS to play on S2 Demo Servers Try to mail the devs, explain them the problem you got, and I think they'll give you an other key
Misinformation removed
Quote from Hyperactive :Yes.

You don't need to lock LFS after unlocking it to play anything demo related. You can access demo servers with unlocked LFS and drive the demo cars too.

actually no you are allowed to unluck LFS on 2 pc's or 2 OS's in your case once unlocked they will stay unlocked and you can switch between the 2 .

SD.
Thanks,

So I am stuck...

Does it means also that for example, I run LFS unlocked on the 64 bit OS (from a shared disk on the pc), then I exit LFS and restart my pc and choose 32 bit OS. I unlock LFS (from the shared disk on the pc) race a couple of times, and then I switch again to the 64 bit OS. Do I have to unlock LFS again, or does it stays on the last state ? In other words, can I run LFS unlocked on each operating system (on the same PC) ?

MaxMerlin
Yes you can . I have dual boot (xp and x64) however I just copied the whole LFS folder to the system disk for each OS. so I have 2 copies eached unlocked from within its own OS.

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :actually no you are allowed to unluck LFS on 2 pc's or 2 OS's in your case once unlocked they will stay unlocked and you can switch between the 2 .

SD.

Thanks,

You've gave me the answer, while I was writing my last post...

So, I don't know how do I have spend all my unlocks... that's what happens in this time of the year...Xmas new years day , dance till morning, champagne, too many sweets... , OMG...

MaxMerlin
Quote from Spurs :You do not need to lock LFS to play on S2 Demo Servers Try to mail the devs, explain them the problem you got, and I think they'll give you an other key

That's what I'm going to do, only if I knew their email address...

Quote from SparkyDave :Yes you can . I have dual boot (xp and x64) however I just copied the whole LFS folder to the system disk for each OS. so I have 2 copies eached unlocked from within its own OS.

Well, in that way, everytime i make a change in one LFS I have to do the same on the other LFS. But I think youre right, it's the best way to do it clean... and I've reached to the conclusion that I can't use my Microsoft Sidewinder FFWheel in the 64bit OS because it isn't recognized by Microsoft OS illepall Anyway LFS performs better in the 32bit OS.

Regards,

MaxMerlin
#9 - Spurs
There's a "contact us" button at www.liveforspeed.net - usually you'll get a reply quite quickly.

If you have an unlocked version and you want to go to demo servers, simply select the "demo" option on the multiplayer screen, before you click for a list of games.
I've added an extra unlock for you...
Quote from Scawen :There's a "contact us" button at www.liveforspeed.net - usually you'll get a reply quite quickly.

If you have an unlocked version and you want to go to demo servers, simply select the "demo" option on the multiplayer screen, before you click for a list of games.

Hi Scawen,

I've tried the "contact us" option but what I get is a list of most common questions, and when I click in one of them I get the answer but nothing to write on... it's strange...don't know if it only happens with me, or maybe i'm doing something wrong. With the direct link provided by Spurs works ok...and I've send the email.

Thanks for the extra unlock.

Regards,

MaxMerlin
The ones near the top have the answer, or a link to the forum, but the ones down near the bottom should link to an email form, which is sent to us as an email. It has to be like that to reduce the number of mails to Victor, because otherwise he gets dozens of mails asking the same frequently asked questions.
just select the link that suits you best In your case that would've been 'i want to write them a mail'.

Anyway, all's settled now ...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG