The online racing simulator
Suggestion: No more improvement suggestions
(26 posts, closed, started )
Suggestion: No more improvement suggestions
Just getting annoyed with all the flaming and repeat suggestions.

So, why not just not allow people to post suggestions here?

DK
If people used common sense in their threads and actually made the subject match the SUBJECT of their post, the new auto-search function would probably stop most of the repeats.
Sadly, as long as people make "suggestions" titled omg we need this and wtf teh suggestion then we'll continue to get multiples. Feed crap in, get crap out.

The suggestions thread has had a load of great ideas put in it, and it's a great breeding ground for ideas that the devs might not have thought of themselves.

On that strength alone it shouldn't be closed. It's just the people who need to learn how to use it.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :
So, why not just not allow people to post suggestions here?

Because if there is no place to put teh suggestions they will be posted on some other section. It's better to isolate the useless post in one section. Besides, you don't have to view this section if you don't want to!
About searching and 'already suggested' threads.... I find it quite comical how the "new? Say hi here..." thread is constantly being posted in. They can find that sticky thread, why can't they find the others?
i think suggestive ideas are ok but i wants like 'i want an audi a3 in the game' are not
We could simply start ignoring the crap posts, would have the same effect. Didn't Scawen at some point state that he never bothers to check the Improvement Suggestion forum because
  1. there's so much bullcrap in here
  2. it would take far too much time to go through all the threads and weed out the useless and repeat suggestions
  3. the devs have a pretty good idea of what needs to be done themselves. There's hardly anything original in here
If I agree to your suggestion, then I agree that your suggestion is not to be suggested - recursive actions like this can cause the collapse of the Everything. So, young man, don't dabble with such things as you give individuals like myself the chance to cause such massive destruction at a quantum level. Simply put - it's inexcusable.
^^

Rofl :hihi:
tbo a better idea would be to use flyspray like rig of rods do, it could be used for both bug reports and suggestions and any stupid once would be removed
Sorry for this thread. I was drunk and upset.

Quote from xaotik :If I agree to your suggestion, then I agree that your suggestion is not to be suggested - recursive actions like this can cause the collapse of the Everything. So, young man, don't dabble with such things as you give individuals like myself the chance to cause such massive destruction at a quantum level. Simply put - it's inexcusable.

Quantum WMDs? :P

DK
i could see why you posted it, i personally am fine with suggestions but the people who keep i wanting all the time get me annooyed aswell
Quote from Bob Smith :
Quote from Bob Smith :
Quote from Bob Smith :
Quote from Bob Smith :
Quote from Bob Smith :
Quote from Bob Smith :
Quote from Bob Smith :xaotik - that reminds me of the post where I quoted itself

xaotik - that reminds me of the post where I quoted itself

Quote from Bob Smith :xaotik - that reminds me of the post where I quoted itself

O_O

What the...?

*runs*

SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *legs it*
Quote from harjun :SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *legs it*

^^ That is

Stop stealing my lines :P

On-topic: Is it worth saying 'no more improvement suggestions', or cleaning the forum, keeping the stickies, but moving all the posts to a mod-only area, and starting afresh?

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Stop stealing my lines :P

On-topic: Is it worth saying 'no more improvement suggestions', or cleaning the forum, keeping the stickies, but moving all the posts to a mod-only area, and starting afresh?

DK

so then people can request the same things again but then there is no proof of it for people to flame them? i dont think so.
I didn't mean that :S

I meant so the forums look tidier, and people don't have to wade through n posts to get to the good suggestions

DK
i think they really only need to read the sticky at the top to get 90% of the good suggestions
Quote from UncleBenny :i think they really only need to read the sticky at the top to get 90% of the good suggestions

i've tried your sausages, they're nice, just put them in the microwave for 1 minute, and a nice juicy sausage, i've also tried your rice, very nice!

L0lZ0r££

H3jun9823098098)(*0(*)(*)("£$£$
wtf
Uncle Bens sausages, google them LOVELY!
Quote from harjun :i've tried your sausages, they're nice, just put them in the microwave for 1 minute, and a nice juicy sausage, i've also tried your rice, very nice!

L0lZ0r££

H3jun9823098098)(*0(*)(*)("£$£$

One word:

SPAM

DK

EDIT:
Quote from UncleBenny :i think they really only need to read the sticky at the top to get 90% of the good suggestions

Which is why I said 'clean out the forums and leave the stickies' OR don't let people post until they've read the stickies (Idk how doable it is or not)
You forgot this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wZ7YedEopp4

That IS spam

EDIT:
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM