The online racing simulator
Need for Speed Pro Street XBOX DEMO OUT!
(135 posts, started )
Ahhh, well then, school's comps should do fine (PD920+7900GS) If only they had good monitors
~Bryan~
I love my school computers, E6600's, with 8600GT's...
Holy shit are you serious? That's pretty 'up-to-date' for school standards. These are the computers we got for the tech lab, just at the end of last school year. The rest of the school has P4 Hyper-threads @ 3.4ghz, 512MB value ram, intergrated Intel graphics.
~Bryan~
2 GB ram too, but the lab is designed for Video/3d Animation. We just also get to reap the benefits by playing games
OT: Wow my school has some *** processor (when trying to view information through DXdiag, there is an error saying that you got no permission) and some very bad videocard. I only know that it has 256 mb ram.
Well it plays counter strike 1.6 on low though.
LOL CS 1.6 ON LOW!?
1.6 is the only game I know of, where it pretty much STAYS low, with the graphics on HIGH. That computer must SUCK
NFS series died some time ago (since NFS Underground was released). EA sucks :thumbsdow
Quote from NitroNitrous :NFS series died some time ago (since NFS Underground was released). EA sucks :thumbsdow

The new NFS is getting better.. if they keep improving and try to make the cars more realistic in handling and behaviour, then it goes uphill from here.
#34 - Jakg
Quote from dropin_biking :Holy shit are you serious? That's pretty 'up-to-date' for school standards. These are the computers we got for the tech lab, just at the end of last school year. The rest of the school has P4 Hyper-threads @ 3.4ghz, 512MB value ram, intergrated Intel graphics.
~Bryan~

You be lucky - 3 GHz P4's with 1 GB of RAM and Integrated Intel stuff - it can barely even play LFS on low.

*note to self, BIOS' at school are unlocked - wonder how far i could overclock one*

I used to do the 'windows key + pause break' trick, and change a few settings on the school machines.
For Dustin and Jakg, you are talking school as in High School. I ask, why bother playing LFS there instead of going home to play? When do you have the time to play in school?

When I was in school, we were there for classes to learn, not play games

Then again, when I was in school, we didn't have computers, well, at least we didn't have computers with Microsoft on them since Microsoft was basically unheard of back then
Quote from mrodgers :Then again, when I was in school, we didn't have computers, well, at least we didn't have computers with Microsoft on them since Microsoft was basically unheard of back then

And DOS came after the abacus.
#38 - Jakg
Quote from mrodgers :I ask, why bother playing LFS there instead of going home to play?

You can't leave the School 'till the end of the day and you've got an A on your Coursework which is all you can do during that lesson, and have no more work to complete.
Quote from Jakg :You can't leave the School 'till the end of the day and you've got an A on your Coursework which is all you can do during that lesson, and have no more work to complete.

Could of done what I used to do and pull off the keys on all the keyboards near you and replace them in a different order, usually spelling out swear words. I was so cool.
1) Can't leave school until end of day
2) Don't play LFS, I play more taxing games, that I DL off of my steam account, which is fine, because the PC's get formatted on reboot.
Quote from NitroNitrous :NFS series died some time ago (since NFS Underground was released). EA sucks :thumbsdow

hey *** my uncle works at EA. and i downloaded the new nfs pro street demo yesterday and it is acually really good. the physics are good and it has great crash physics plus an unbeleivable sence of speed. going through the neveda two lane streets with mountains on either sides going 200 mph is a real blast.
Quote from iluuv2sk8 : going 200 mph is a real blast.

Yep same here, I once tried racing from chase view and quickly change to bumper view, while going fast, and in bumper view everything were much faster and I REALLY had to press brakes, because there was fear to crash.
Quote from iluuv2sk8 :hey *** my uncle works at EA. and i downloaded the new nfs pro street demo yesterday and it is acually really good. the physics are good and it has great crash physics plus an unbeleivable sence of speed. going through the neveda two lane streets with mountains on either sides going 200 mph is a real blast.

pics or it didn't happen.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Could of done what I used to do and pull off the keys on all the keyboards near you and replace them in a different order, usually spelling out swear words. I was so cool.

lol.

or a locked windows marquee screensaver of "This Teacher is a dickhead" on as many machines as you could in one room. Ah the old scrolly screensaver, good times.
Another arcade game to miss out on Demo was dire imo
Quote from iluuv2sk8 :pics of what?

I guess he wants you to show him picture of paper where there is your name on , plus your dad and EA logo big in the background and somekind boss of EA too.
download about 5 mins ago everything nfs is, modded cars and crap handling did like the smoke though thats about it wouldnt buy the full unless they had drifting them maybe!
Quote from dropin_biking :Holy shit are you serious? That's pretty 'up-to-date' for school standards. These are the computers we got for the tech lab, just at the end of last school year. The rest of the school has P4 Hyper-threads @ 3.4ghz, 512MB value ram, intergrated Intel graphics.
~Bryan~

That's a better CPU than my computer. You have no idea what a slow computer is, out school got these supposedly new within the last year, my guess is they got a clearance stock from somewhere, and of course they're the 800mhz model without the optional CD drive. Before that we had these, and you've guest it the 333mhz model, well I suppose it was the faster option in 1998

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Could of done what I used to do and pull off the keys on all the keyboards near you and replace them in a different order, usually spelling out swear words. I was so cool.

You can remove the flap that hides the (optional) CD drive on the eMacs and swap them between computers, it has the MAC number printed on the inside and that's what the IT people at my school look at to work out which is which, confuses the hell out of them

I don't know what other schools do for IT support but my school employs at least 6 bimbling idiots who don't appear to know what a computer is, they've done some really really special things. I think the best was when they left a list of all the passwords lying around on the public section of the network. Needless to say they had to reset every password :doh:
All school admins are the same, mine were terrible when I was there. All they did was use pre-setup RM stuff throughout the place.

Need for Speed Pro Street XBOX DEMO OUT!
(135 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG