The online racing simulator
*gags at being lumped together with kentucky*
#27 - SamH
I just readjusted the BnJ handicap. We had been calculating based on dividing BnJ points by 4. Recently it's become apparent that climbing the scoreboard is actually harder than I thought, so I've opted to divide by 3 instead.. so it's now CTRA+SS+(BnJ/3).

Owen, if you click on the USA rank, you'll see that it lists your state against your name.. so you're not *totally* lumped with KY
its much better right now, but still not good in my eyes

the countrys with less then 10 players have still a great advantage...

somehow the number of drivers should count and
in my eyes, finnland should be first

but the good news is: germany has more drivers AND more points,
less yellow flags, more avg. fastest laps and more avg. wins,
then the 2nd biggest country: ENGLAND
Hehehe is Becky looking over your shoulder as your making the adjustments SamH
#30 - SamH
Quote from CELTIC100 :Hehehe is Becky looking over your shoulder as your making the adjustments SamH

No.. and fortunately she doesn't know how to edit the page either.. shhh!
#31 - SamH
I've added some additional sort options to the individual country window, so it's now possible to see who's propping up and who's holding back.
Hahahaha Singapore's the lousiest!! I guess im the only SG'rean racing on CTRA.
Wohoo!
I`m 2th, finally I`m not one of those backmarkers
How about getting rid of people who've either got no points or got a tiny amount of points (a total of less than 10, say)?
I would say anyone with less than 50 pts as this would cut off all the ones that raced for one session and never returned ( Cut the Fat I Say )
Go Aus sitting there in 40th. Its not as great as first but its not as bad as last :P
Quote :I guess im the only SG'rean racing on CTRA.

Nope! There are four drivers registered as being from Singapore.
well i´m not looking that bad in the individual germany stats

but why do the individual stats count the overall wins and
not the avg. wins?
Hi every one,

Is it possible to add in this table the number of player for each country ?

Good job.

Michel.
#40 - SamH
The number of players is there, next to point rank.. see attached.

Click on the country to see a list of the drivers for that country, which you can then sort by different criteria
Attached images
ndrivers.gif
Nice stats, but I think they do not represent the real situation. Countries with just some three or four drivers are ranked above Finland because of one or two very active drivers, while Finland has pretty many drivers and most of them really good and active.

I wish we could see stats where you compensate the points to countrys population..
#42 - SamH
Quote from daKasi :I wish we could see stats where you compensate the points to countrys population..

The stats are really compensating for population by using the average performance of all drivers in that country.

If you want to improve your country's performance, there are a couple of options available:
  1. Contact poor-performing drivers and encourage them to do better.
  2. Deport poor-performing drivers.
Any thoughts on removing people who've only raced once or have a tiny number of points Sam?
#44 - SamH
Quote from amp88 :Any thoughts on removing people who've only raced once or have a tiny number of points Sam?

I'm still pondering it at the moment. The problem is that if I manipulate the results too much, we still get stats but we no longer have honest stats.. they're just stats that meet particular criteria.

As things stand these are the actual, computed results for all countries with more than one person racing on CTRA. There might be an argument for filtering out people who haven't raced X number of times, or who haven't joined the servers in a while, or a combination of those.. but what's the right calculation? I'm up for suggestions.
Well, I reckon stats are only good if they're actually using representative data. Anyone from any country can come onto CTRA for one race, decide it's not for them and never come back. Is that performance really displaying representative data about their country? I don't think it is personally...

I think a limit of at least 5 race starts (i.e. starting a race without midrace join) is a sensible way to filter out those people who aren't really representing their country. Alternatively you could specify a default limit of 5 races and allow users to select their own custom number on the page (not sure if that would be technically feasible though, depending on the size of the data set available...)?
#46 - SamH
At the moment, the stats are being generated once every day (12:05am) and fed into a database table. I can adjust the criteria and force an update, so that's no problem.

So, 5 race starts? Or minimum 50 points on at least one of the licence ramps perhaps?
Ah, OK. I was wondering how you'd be doing it and how easy it'd be to change the filter conditions. It could be set up as a simple condition on the extraction of data from the table then? Have a default filter of 5 races/50 points (or whatever you/other people feel is right) and allow users to specify their own conditions which you just add to the select query? I work with databases but I've got no clue about web design so I could have totally got the wrong end of the stick here...

edit: By the way, I forgot to say thanks for adding the Country stats to the site It's nice to see how your driving effects the country.
weeeee!!! Mexico in 20th!
good work btw...
Thanks CTRA Dev team
Quote from SamH :.
[*]Deport poor-performing drivers.[/LIST]

i think we germans have deported enough people for the next
few million years... so what can i do instead to keep them out?

btp: i think its a good idea to only count drivers with at least
10 races driven, but it shouldn´t matter if they got points
for that, or not!
Yezz!!! Belgium beats the Netherlands!!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG