The online racing simulator
Parsing mpr files
(4 posts, started )
Parsing mpr files
This may be a stupid question, but before I got stuck again on the same thing I'd like to ask...

I was working on a league/teams managing module for our team's Xoops site back on the patch W days. I grabbed the race results from either a lfs_stats html file (now outdated) or from an mpr replay file just trimming the first part of it with an hex editor.

I remember I had trouble with the mpr file because I THINK there were some lfs_names missing in the header of the mpr file. I just luckily checked the mpr file header format at lfs.net by chance and saw that it now contains a "lfs user name" field for every finished player.

I just wanted to ask if this was added with patch X or afterwards, because I think this was the thing I needed to solve all my problems with parsing the mpr file for results. I know I could check this all myself but re-reading my own code... is a pain in the ass.

The fact is that I left my league managing module on hiatus since the release of patch X because I couldn't get results either way, and I didn't want to rewrite the lfs_stats part because relying on a third party application that may get outdated and maybe won't work in the future is not a good idea.

PS: Such a long post for a such a tiny question... that's me.
Yes, it came with patch X. I can't remember if it was exactly patch X or one of the test patches though...
Thanks for the quick answer, I've put myself to the work and I hope I can get it all working again this evening
It was added in X10.

Parsing mpr files
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG