The online racing simulator
#1 - Venus
[Nothing to do with being an] InSim suggestion
Something I find rather annoying, is the way WR's are recorded. Currently, you have to do it in a hotlap, then upload it to the lfs desktop. This has one major flaw. It doesn't give a true indication of the actual world record... ie the fastest lap ever. Take the FOX on Aston Club. The WR is held by Darkone and is 100.20. However, on Redline Server 2 on AS2, Brutas has done a 100.15.

What I'd like to see, is two different types of WR's. A hotlap, and an Insim PB Based WR. Best PB = WR. It needs hotlap sure, cause it allows people to download those replays, which are great learning aid. However, there should also be a true WR recorded through InSim.

Venus
#2 - bbman
Well, it is seperated because a WR you've got to do on your own, with no outside help like getting a tow...
I don't see how this is an insim suggestion? There's no protocol enhancement here.. It just seems to be an enhancement request for LFSW..?
you can cut corners in races, you cant (as far as i know) in hotlapping.
First of all, learn what insim actually is, and secondly, how do you plan to check the integrity of every WR? Are you volunteering to watch and judge every replay?
There are also some tracks where you can get a really fast time by hitting the wall on the start/finish straight. The HLVC system exists for a reason.
Also, becuase Tweaked laps, still count as PB's on LFSW, if they are done in a private server.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Also, becuase Tweaked laps, still count as PB's on LFSW, if they are done in a private server.

Private or public is irrelevant, they count either way. I don't think hidden servers have their stats recarded, though (but I could be wrong there).
You are wrong Hidden servers have their stats recorded.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG