The online racing simulator
Sim Racing Tonight - Episode 3 Now Up !
Episode 3 of Sim Racing Tonight is now up ! We had some delays but we're back and hope you enjoy the show.

Episode 3 Features :
The Sim Report - 4 stories on whats going on in Sim Racing
G25 and G51 Review
Masters Of Endurance In Depth
Team Redline Techniques
History of Sim Racing Part 3

www.simracingtonight.com

Watching now!

edit: "kee-yo-tow" ;]
Nice coverage of the MoE race!

You guys going to run again next round?
#4 - Nobo
great stuff!
not bad at all
still a bit cheesy here and there a few too many repetitions of 'cool' but i definitely enjoyed you daring to be a bit more critical about the products you review (although im a bit surprised you didnt pick up on the infamous g25 noise)

btw you had a few of those pink mirrors on the moe segment which happens if you alt-tab out of lfs
to fix it just switch the view and the texture should be uncorrupted again
Thanks Darin , nice episode.
Just watched whole episode and i love it as usual.

Only real thing i didn't like was that pointing on GT1 drivers being rude to GT2 drivers in MoE! I haven't had not even 1 collision or problem with them and i haven't heard anything about that on forums. I even had collision lapping SERT (GT1 car).

Looks like you guys really like LFS. Oh well who wouldn't

That lap on Valencia is really something
#8 - axus
Good stuff. Definitely improving and looking a lot less cheesy than Episodes 1 and 2! Of course, there's always room for improvement but no-one can expect a full on Top Gear style show from two people doing this for fun.
Great work guys looking forward to the next episode as always, infact you guys just reminded me I have a copy of GPL that I used to drive for fun with a Mouse have to dig it out and try it with my wheel
A lankmark show with huge improvements both technically and in presentation style .

Good job lads.
Liked it more than the previous episodes, nice work. I especially liked the MoE critics parts you picked up some balls, I can totally agree on what you said.
Enjoyed watching it. Keep up the good work
We all now have to refer to victor as triple v btw :P.

I found it more watchable then the other two episodes defo improvement.

fd
Thx SRT!

Nice coverage of the MoE race.
Nice coverage, SRT! Has already much improved compared to the last two issues. Keep up the good work!
Your show is starting to shape up and its looking good, keep it up!

Shaun: I also love how you said my name it was so wrong but it was so funny, its 'Frank' rhymes with 'tank' you made it sound French - SIN!.
I thought Id let you know cause us Mercury boys are going to win it all! WIN!! :P
yeah, you get better with every episode.

Just a few minor nitpicks from me:

Change your backdrop to something lighter. It's not only better contrasting to your usually dark clothing and hair (if applicable :P), you'd also get almost rid of the "light outline" problem, which would improve the visuals of the show a lot.
Also, experiment with the lighting setup, because there seem to be reflections on one of the model cars in front and one of the hosts chin, resulting in the backdrop to overlay it. Also matt makeup helps in that aspect.

Also, I gather you use one microphone for the recording, which you position differnetly depending if you are two or just one on the screen. I'd rather use two microphones that are fixed in the studio, or even better, some small microphones that are attached to your clothing. That way, you'd counter the very varying sound-quality and volume when switching from the double to the single moderation.

Now for the content-wise feedback: The hardware reviews, while improving, still sound like "we got that hardware for free, so we ain't too harsh with it". I'd whish for a comparison with at least one comparable item, even if it's just a list of a few points, like:

G25 vs DFP vs Momo:

G25
+ 900 degree rotation
+ clutch and 6+1 H-shifter
+ best Forcefeedback
- even though "cheap" compared to a professional racing rig, it's pricey.
- shifter feels a bit iffy
- the FF is darn loud

DFP
+ 900 degree rotation
+ lot's of buttons
+ a bargain
- Cheap, not very durable pedals
- no clutch and H-shifter
- originally a PS2 wheel, thus only usable on PC after searching for software
- LOUD!!!!one!1!eleven

Momo:
+ High quality wheel
+ very cheap nowadays
- hard to get
- shares the DFPs pedal problems
- only 240° rotation
- no H-shifter/clutch

And, as you cover sim racing, i'd not only be interested in leagues and results, but also in reviews of sims. And YOU are the reviewers, so don't be shy to be critical and to compare.
Really enjoyed watching it. Very nice.
Well.. I didn't go to the MOE forum to complain but trust me.. I was a pinball out there at times in my GT2 car..

But.. Being an admin for a dual class racing series, I know how tough it can be to get the drivers to respect the other class.. Overall, MOE put on a good show and I know the admins are taking steps to have the drivers show more respect for the other classes which is a reason we'll be back.. The shift P rule I can do without ;-) even though my flip would have been race ending..

And yes, we love LFS .. Thanks for all the compliments and critique, it just helps us with future shows.

Also to the person with the lighting and sound tips, thanks we'll make some tweaks to see what we can do. one of our problems with the green screen is.. it isn't exactly green..hehe.. We think that may be part of why we can't dial the chroma key in better. Look for an improvement there and also we'll see about changing the backdrop to make it lighter.. We did have it that way with a This Week in Sim racing and the halo was still there..

Quote from N I K I :Just watched whole episode and i love it as usual.

Only real thing i didn't like was that pointing on GT1 drivers being rude to GT2 drivers in MoE! I haven't had not even 1 collision or problem with them and i haven't heard anything about that on forums. I even had collision lapping SERT (GT1 car).

Yeah, stick-on/clip-on mics might improve the sound quality very much... The audial quality of your videos is really lacking when there is constant (loud-ish) noise, like from an engine... Either that or a good sound engineer...
Quote from N I K I :Just watched whole episode and i love it as usual.

I didn't have a problem with the leaders iirc. I'd open up a gap, they'd see it and drive through. Had problems with other parts of the gt1 group though, either dive bombing at ridiculous moments where we're both going to get slowed down more than if they had just waited a corner, or just cutting me off getting around me. (Had it happen a few times in a row where a gt1 would catch me in the entrance to the last corner section, straighten out after the first apex, slam on the gas, and therefor cut me off in the next part of the corner.) Divebombed countless times into the oval chicane which goes in the first category, gt2's really not any slower than the gt1 there, but some people just had to get by right away. Also got hit twice in one overzealous move in the uphill S but luckily didn't get taken off the track, and straightlined at the 1st corner of the final section another time by an overzealous move. GT1 drivers really need to consider it like this, there are 2 times as many gt1 cars as gt2 cars, so each gt2 car has to deal with being lapped twice as often as a gt1 car needs to deal with lapping someone. So please play nice. :'(

It was a new experience for me too getting lapped constantly, and I tried to apply a rule of 'least total possible slow-down.' AKA I'd choose the line that would affect both cars races the least overall. If this meant that I had to lose a little more time, then so be it, if this meant that the gt1 had to a lose a little more time, then hopefully they'll comply and not run into me. AKA in flatout corners where the gt1 was going to be near the limits of their grip I'd give the gt1 the longer outside line, in corners were momentum was extremely important to me, I'd take the longer outside line. If the gt1 had proper overlap going into a corner that would slow you down a lot going side by side, I'd back off and give it to them. But on the same token, I'd expect a gt1 to give me a corner where they didn't have proper overlap/had no overlap and it was a bad choice to go side by side. But 75% of the time they divebombed me.

These aren't normal blue flag rules where the person you're racing is just really damn slow, these are two independent races being run on the same track at the same time. And both groups needed to show a little more respect to eachother. It seemed a lot of the gt1 guys didn't realize that through a max-load corner I could be as fast and even faster sometimes than them.
Yeah, definitely getting better with each show.

I've not played GPL for a year or so, so it was great to see the old gal again.

Keep up the good work guys
Well i'm kinda fan of ALMS and they have problems with overlapping in classes too , but they solve it easy, Black flag, go to pits make drive-trou or 10 sec stop, or even 30 sec stop for pushing another car and that's it. It would be good if you guys can report to admins problems wile race is on via mIRC.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG