The online racing simulator
Community Conceptual Artwork
(67 posts, started )
Stop posting separate threads regarding what you think should be added in LFS. Use this thread to post Drawings, Sketches, and or Renders of what you should be added in LFS.

Please do not under any circumstances post cars that are already made. The idea is Conceptual

ill post some track designs later
That's the spirit Kev. More excitement - more spectacle! We must do Mosley's bidding. Here's my entry (you run it anti-clockwise, except for final qualifying):

Wow, you even got the trademark Tilke "ridiculous spiral corners" in there - top job!

Someone call Eric and tell him his services are no longer required, the community is on the case.
Thanks Kev :up: It's just not a proper track these days without a few Herman "because I bloody well can and so should the cars" Tilke-syle corners.

I was thinking of a cool obstacle along the back straight: the cars would have to flip their aero kit and fly across a huge sandtrap into the braking zone, but then I thought "what would Herman do?" and just copy/pasted a double bus-stop.
Is the giant squid restrained in some manner? I am concerned it may attack the bear.
Quote from dhinchin :Is the giant squid restrained in some manner? I am concerned it may attack the bear.

I think the fact that he's confined the bears to a pit is a clever solution to that problem. He hasn't provided a ladder for the bears to climb out, and he hasn't provided any abseiling equipment for the squid to safely rappel down into it.
Quote from Hankstar :That's the spirit Kev. More excitement - more spectacle! We must do Mosley's bidding. Here's my entry (you run it anti-clockwise, except for final qualifying):

LMAO, well thats one beast of a track!
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think the fact that he's confined the bears to a pit is a clever solution to that problem. He hasn't provided a ladder for the bears to climb out, and he hasn't provided any abseiling equipment for the squid to safely rappel down into it.

Thank you for the clarification. I was concerned that should the giant squid attack the bears, then both hazards would be rendered ineffective to drivers who had not as yet approached them. This would of course present an unfair advantage over those who already had to deal with the bear pit and the aforementioned giant squid monster thing.
And this, my friends, is why LFS is not moddable

Although that said, I'd probably still have a go on that beast
#11 - Jakg
Oh god Hankstar i've litterally justy burst out laughing at your careful planning of keeping the Squid and Bear seperate...
Max Mosley's probably ****ing bookmarked this already.

Meanwhile I'm quietly chuffed that we wrested control of this thread from reply #1. Excellent work, team!
Seemed bloody obvious to me to separate them. While bears and giant squid are not natural enemies (or even natural neighbours - you don't see giant squid swimming up rivers to spawn), the potential consequences of a cephalopod/ursine battle mid-race could be catastrophic, and not in that good "wow cool, everyone's on fire/airborne/in pieces" NASCAR kind of catastrophic. I mean I'd lose a perfectly good bear, then I'd have to go through the tedious audition process all over again.

Kevin, I'm feeling quite remorseful that we hi-jacked this thread but, on the other hand, I'm really not.
Quote from dhinchin :Is the giant squid restrained in some manner? I am concerned it may attack the bear.

The squid would need to get passed either the snipers on the castle or the hammers to get to the bear anyway. UNLIKELY!

Even if the squid did make it to the bear pit and attack , who do you think would win presuming the battle was on dry land? A marine cephalopod or a 10 foot grizzly.

Please think things through before making stupid posts.
Would a hammering by the Giant Robot Hammers warrant a yellow flag? Is sniping allowed during yellow flags? Please tell us more.
Nonononono, you see, the Giant Robot Hammers only work during a safety car period (it's very hard to hit a speeding F1 car with a giant robot hammer as you could imagine). Accordingly, it's in the driver's interest to avoid collisions in that section of the track lest they have to pass through it puttering along behind the safety car.

The snipers can use their discretion - however, they get more points for their teams (each racing team may have only one sniper operational at any one time) if they score hits during the race, rather than taking potshots at cars on the grid or at slow cars during safety periods. It's all common bloody sense really.
Don't you think it's a little over the top adding those Tilke turns to an otherwise perfectly balanced design? How about the pitlane? Would it be more constructive to have it across from the sniper towers, thus putting team strategy more into the game?
The Tilke turns are part of my contractual agreement with the FIA. They're contained in the "For The ****ing Sake Of It" and "Because We Can" Clauses.
And the award for most surreal post goes too........

I almost LOL'd, but had to restrain myself due to being at a new job in a new office.

Due to the restraining of laughter, I now have a large chunk of branston pickle wedged up in my soft palette (I was eating my trademark ham + pickle sandwich at the time)

Thanks for that
Quote from farcar :The squid would need to get passed either the snipers on the castle or the hammers to get to the bear anyway. UNLIKELY!

Even if the squid did make it to the bear pit and attack , who do you think would win presuming the battle was on dry land? A marine cephalopod or a 10 foot grizzly.

Please think things through before making stupid posts.

At no point sir did i suggest that the giant squid would end up on the winning side of an encounter with a Tilke-specification grizzly. I am quite sure that there are as many dumb-ass squids as ones with a tad more savvy and sense of self preservation.

Bugger, Nurse is coming...
I think you're all forgetting that this is a giant squid. Key word: Giant. They can grow up to 50km long and crush whole buildings in their beaks. That's the main reason nobody builds buildings in the uncharted depths of the ocean.
Let's finish this silly argument once and for all - I designed this track so that at no point would the bear and giant squid ever have contact with each other, thus reflecting Nature herself! To allow such a thing would be a critical design flaw along the lines of the craptacular cooling system in the Xbox 360 or the ridiculously time consuming upgrade process in Gran Turismo (or the inclusion of so many completely redundant cars, which is more a question of "wtf" than a design complaint and which is also beside the point).

The giant squid I've spec'd for this track (haven't thought of a name for the track yet, by the way - suggestions are welcome) is actually a baby giant squid (which should be bloody obvious from my diagram). It's the perfect size to flail the odd tentacle out of the water and snare a car as it crosses the water jump but not so big that it can devour the entire grandstand or pluck snipers from Mosley Castle. Seriously, I have actually thought this through, y'know ...

I'd just like to extend a personal thanks to the writer of the funniest post I have seen in a long while on the forum
To be honest Hankie, restraining a squid that large in the confines of its small pool would be really beyond the power of you or the devs, or even Becky Rose. It would only take a matter of weeks for the tentacles to grow to such vast proportions that it would possibly break free from the software dll wrapper and maybe even the sceen resolution. You better be carefull what you create, Shelley.
before designing race tracks, tilke practiced on the ffestiniog railway

check out the track by "Dduallt"

http://www.ffestiniograilway.co.uk/route.htm

anyway about the snipers, will they be avble to shoot at just drivers or all team personnel / equipment and will teams be allowed to armour plate the refueling rig as when they tested it the results rather gave the advantage to the snipers

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HdyuN_cUqjA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l_b ... e%20Matchett%20Hockenheim
Quote from al heeley :To be honest Hankie, restraining a squid that large in the confines of its small pool would be really beyond the power of you or the devs, or even Becky Rose. It would only take a matter of weeks for the tentacles to grow to such vast proportions that it would possibly break free from the software dll wrapper and maybe even the sceen resolution. You better be carefull what you create, Shelley.

Dll wrappers, Al? Screen resolution? You seem to think I'm building this track for some sort of, um, computer game ... Cephalursine Park(tm) will be built in the "cursed earth" of the Maralinga area in the South Australian outback (former 1950s UK nuke-test site, thus leaving open the chance for awesome squid & bear mutations, or even hybrids!) and included in F1 Season 2012 as Mosley's new "Super Special" Round which is a 500km enduro, worth triple points and run at midnight (gets very hot out there during the day). I'd certainly be happy for any budding modders to include it in a game of their choosing, provided they have their people talk to my people about licensing.

FYI: the pool on the diagram isn't to scale and will be mostly underground anyway (with many subterranean viewing rooms to watch him feeding on specially-farmed humpback whales). Squiddy will have plenty of room to grow and the grid-system separating him from the track will modified to compensate for his ever-growing tentacles. You must think I'm an ub3r-n00b at this whole track-design thing. Sheesh!

(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG