The online racing simulator
Race 07 MP Demo Relased
(117 posts, started )
Quote from Biohazard :using the 4players one, way fsater for me.
you don´t even have to be registered

can u post it please?
DoN, check %TEMP% (c:\temp\?) for a few hundred megs of temporary install files. Apparently the installer doesn't clean up after itself.
im getting about 32 mins at start
Same tired old crap. Meh.
Quote from felplacerad :DoN, check %TEMP% (c:\temp\?) for a few hundred megs of temporary install files. Apparently the installer doesn't clean up after itself.

omg yeah just checked...C:\WINDOWS\Temp\RACE07Demo - 490 MB
Quote from Don :
Because I dont know anything about Steam or how it works, It was the first thing that i uninstalled and then I uninstalled the RACE07 demo - but i am still missing 1GB I had before the installation. GOOD WORK, SIMBIN!

this game(s) just remind me why i like lfs.

For all those steam haters out there is an off line version of the demo weighing in at only 340mb (no steam needed). It has brands long the seat & the bmw + 1 other track I have'nt tried yet.

BTW anyone else having calibration probs it wont recognise my pedals.
i also tried it and i was pretty amazed by the FFB, normally u expect what they call their FFB in Simbin games but this one was pretty good
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :omg yeah just checked...C:\WINDOWS\Temp\RACE07Demo - 490 MB

About that, damn I hate Race07 demo, I didn`t have enough space on the once partition (right spelled? Where I installed windows and such) and when I uinstalled it, and deleted all files, it still are hiding some places and using a good ****ing 1gb aprox of my disc. What a joke, what a horrible way to install this shit, I hate it.

hehe i only managed to play in 640x480 wich is only pixels on the screen,reminded me of the old lotus games in the 386, 15 mins loading the track, ZzzZZZzzZZ, 800x600 would give 3-4fps, ill stick with lfs and gtr2.
Quote from Barroso :hehe i only managed to play in 640x480 wich is only pixels on the screen,reminded me of the old lotus games in the 386, 15 mins loading the track, ZzzZZZzzZZ, 800x600 would give 3-4fps, ill stick with lfs and gtr2.

Do you have a good computer and just problems with the game, or do you simply have a poor end computer?
Has anyone tried to count how many versions of this game have they made?
F1C mod, GTR, GTL, GTR2, RACE, rFactor, That free BWM-thing and now this.. And I'm sure I forgot something.

Painting a pile of shit into green doesn't make it a pile of alien slime. They should have learned that before trying to paint the same pile of shit into blue, red, yellow etc...
I'm finding some colours are better than others. M3 was good and it got me into GTR2, but I wouldn't touch Race with a bargepole.

Weird huh?
Ok, now I have tested the game, after a heck of a lot trouble installing it and even more problems when trying to run it.

And I have to say, sure it looks nice, the cars and tracks are fairly good too, but the physics and the cars just don`t feel right.
I didn`t like it at all, didn`t apeel to me.

And th crash system... oh what a joke, I didn`t belive it was possible to make it THAT crappy in 2007, Stunt had better crash system than this piece of crap game.
Quote from scoobyrbac :OMG!

But anyways, I installed it played for a bit, then took it back out, to laggy for me, i guess I need more than 512 MB of ram =\

i love you
After reading through every post in this thread, I still went against my better judgment, downloaded it, waited for Steam to update (luckily I had Steam installed because of Half Life 2, but the update still took a long time) and installed it. The menus and music were quite cool, but when I got into the actual game, I'd have to agree that graphics seemed not that great and the driving wasn't very realistic. However, this IS just a demo. I have a feeling that the graphics will be more finished, and the physics will have some final tweaks. Also, I did notice that the Realism options were greyed out, so maybe the physics were set to an arcade type mode or something. I'm not completely setting aside the idea of purchasing Race07, but the demo doesn't help me in my purchasing decision. I would have to agree that the demo itself is god awful. I've raced in GTR2 with the M3 at Anderstorp a lot and thought that was a much better rendition of the track and physics, and can't see why Race07 can't have those same features. I race NR 2003 the most still, and LFS occasionally. After a couple laps of the Race07 demo, I actually jumped into Live for Speed and had a blast on Kyoto Ring National (I hadn't gone on that track before) and had a blast, with both one of the street cars and one of the formula cars. It was damn fun, but still won't replace NR2003 as my fave racing sim. I hope iRacing will blow away the rest of the competition.
i get very smooth fps, the graphics could be better, its just gtr2 with a different name

Race 07 MP Demo Relased
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG