The online racing simulator
I woke up for the race watched the first 14 laps or so then fell to sleep because the safety car was boring me and woke up just in time for the last 12 laps lol. Missed alot of the action.
Quote from sam93 :I woke up for the race watched the first 14 laps or so then fell to sleep because the safety car was boring me and woke up just in time for the last 12 laps lol. Missed alot of the action.

Ha! I slept through the whole safety car period, woke up and thought "I'm missing that there race thing" and found out I hadn't missed anything interesting at all.

Although to be fair, it's easy to miss half an F1 race and not miss anything interesting at all.
Quote from sam93 :I woke up for the race watched the first 14 laps or so then fell to sleep because the safety car was boring me and woke up just in time for the last 12 laps lol. Missed alot of the action.

I got it even better: stayed up all night to watch it, fell asleep because of that idiotic SC-start and woke up 5 laps to finish... Everything was over except the Kubica-Massa battle...
I lucked out, it was on at about 9:30 PM, so I just watched it while I was on the computer.
LOL! Liuzzi got a penalty so the Spykers got a point!
Quote :Planet-F1:

Hamilton provided further evidence for Vettel's defence in his press conference by commenting: "When we were behind the second safety car, I was constantly on the radio to my engineers to tell the Red Bull team to get Mark [Webber] to make a little more of a gap because I couldn't go any faster because the pace car was in front of me, so I was trying to keep the distance with him and then I'd move over because I couldn't see Mark and then he'd just appear alongside me, so he kept out-braking himself. I felt something was going to happen, and I guess my instincts told me right."

Seems a bit harsh to give him a 10-spot penalty.
Quote from DrDNA :Seems a bit harsh to give him a 10-spot penalty.

Crashing while the safety car is out is very bad form though, given that there could be marshals around. They have to penalise for it.

The penalty I didn't understand was Kubica's drive-through for bumping into Hamilton. It didn't look like Kubica's fault.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Crashing while the safety car is out is very bad form though, given that there could be marshals around. They have to penalise for it.

The penalty I didn't understand was Kubica's drive-through for bumping into Hamilton. It didn't look like Kubica's fault.

It kinda was, it wasnt worth a drive-through, but i reckon it wasnt pretty much his fault. Hamilton just had a particularly wide line through that corner, and kubica thought he had ran wide and dived for the apex. Once he started aquaplaning and understeering he had no chance.

Nice to know the f1 cars arent as fragile as i thought they were, and they can take a fair bit of contact. Massa and kubica knocked seven shades out of each others cars and both looked fine.

Anybody got a decent link to a video of massa and kubica? F1 management (according to youtube) have went mad and stopped anybody watching something that actually makes F1 look interesting.
Is there anywhere a vid about the Kubica/Hamilton incident? I'd like to see but can't find it anywhere...

And whatever you do, don't use rapidshare, check my sig for better ones
Quote from Lotesdelere :Yes, thanks but, erm, cough:

Where did you think i got it from? His my teammate, i'm entitled too...
I agree that Ferrari took stupid risk (they did the same thing in Malaysia 2001 and then it was worth it) but there was something extremely fishy about the whole race... regarding the race management in general, not only the tyre rule thing.

1. Kubica's gets drive-through penalty from the minor accident with Hamilton - while other drivers gets nothing causing similar accidents
2. Vettel claims Hamilton's weird moves had major role in the Vettel-Webber crash, Vettel gets the position penalty and Hamilton gets hand shaking and personal congratulations from Mosley...
3. The whole tyre rule / email thing that smells more fishy than Slavica Ecclestone's pussy.
4. And the latest rumour: during the safety car episode race management sent a warning (email again?) to Renault noticing that Kovalainen is driving behind Hamilton and he should ease off or something. WHAT?!

And plus the previous scene at Nurburgring, maybe the most amusing thing of the whole season: the crane helping Hamilton to get back to the track. I think so far the most believable theory is that the crane was actually a Transformers robot and Hamilton used a Jedi mind trick on it.

Looks like the espionage scandal was just a little stain but otherwise the collaboration between FIA and Hamilton seems to be working flawlessly. Well done! FIA has created truly an extraordinary season! For British it was a great season, for others it was the greatest farce ever.

Quote from Clownpaint :EDIT: Onboard footage of Massa vs Kubica:
http://www.motorsportmediamult ... _07_Fuji_Massa-Kubica.avi
from: http://tbk.fameflame.dk/phpBB2 ... storder=asc&start=125

Don't you know that hotlinking to to that server is not allowed outside TBK forums?

Quote from DeKo :Anybody got a decent link to a video of massa and kubica? F1 management (according to youtube) have went mad and stopped anybody watching something that actually makes F1 look interesting.

Yup, that qual onboard that was previously linked here is now "removed by Formula One Management". I once posted one clip which was actually from SpeedTV and it still got removed "by Formula One Management". Seems like this has been really got out of hands and right owners are just completely randomly giving DMCA notices for Youtube staff.
i don't know if i'm more disgusted by the race itself, the commentary, or all you people who thought it was exciting to watch. that wasn't a contest, it was a lottery, and the results don't really mean anything.

i wont even talk about how it screwed up the championship battle. just look at vettel and webber. vettel is actually one of my favourite younger drivers, but there is no way he should have ever been up to 3rd place in the first place: the torro rosso just isn't that fast. so it doesn't really matter that he crashed under the safety car, because he shouldn't have been in that position anyway. it was a joke.
Thank you for the link! That fight between Massa and Kubica is just perfect!
Quote from evilgeek :the torro rosso just isn't that fast. so it doesn't really matter that he crashed under the safety car, because he shouldn't have been in that position anyway. it was a joke.

In case you didn't notice it was raining quite a bit and there was general mayhem that gave chances to several teams to get up in positions - I see no joke there, it's part of racing. But as deggis pointed out there are many other things that were ridiculous in this season so far and in this race in particular.
Quote from evilgeek :vettel is actually one of my favourite younger drivers, but there is no way he should have ever been up to 3rd place in the first place: the torro rosso just isn't that fast. so it doesn't really matter that he crashed under the safety car, because he shouldn't have been in that position anyway. it was a joke.

huh? Vettel got into that position by driving with skill in treacherous conditions and keeping it together while all the other guys were falling off the road. It's crazy to say someone doesn't deserve a position they fairly earned just because their team doesn't have the budget to make a fast car. And in fairness to the young guy, that mistake has been made by many drivers before, most of them with a lot more experience than he has.
Can't believe that so many of you get caught up in all these rumours about what someone might have said or maybe they did this but maybe they didn't and he said she said rubbish. Not only that but you actually believe these half truths and base so much into them.

Maybe the worse thing is the hate (or love for other drivers) that some people seem to have for drivers clouds what is just a normal thing within the rules into something mysterious and cheating.

This is worse than F1 itself.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I AM KARTOR I HAVE FIVE BALLS FEAR MY EXTENSIVE BALL COLLECTION

Lol, I'm putting that in my imaginatory sig.

About the race, it was a fine performance by LH, the only part I didn't like was his restart antics. I can imagine it had something to do with him still being angry about the first corner in spa though.

Alonso struggled to keep up and then threw it away. Amazing how much his reputation for being the guy who never makes mistakes has disintegrated this season. LH will be a worthy champion. I just wonder how he's going to keep his motivation up in the following years.
Quote from DarkTimes :huh? Vettel got into that position by driving with skill in treacherous conditions and keeping it together while all the other guys were falling off the road. It's crazy to say someone doesn't deserve a position they fairly earned just because their team doesn't have the budget to make a fast car. And in fairness to the young guy, that mistake has been made by many drivers before, most of them with a lot more experience than he has.

i don't blame him for the mistake. it could have happened to anyone. i'm saying that the fact he was up to 3rd proves the race was a farce. the track seemed to have enough grip, but the visibility was so bad that it gave a huge advantage to anyone in front, and it simply wasn't a fair sporting event.
It was the same for everybody. Some guys made mistakes and had bad luck, some drove well and had luck on their side. No one could be accused of having an unfair advantage, except the guys at the front who earned it by qualifying better.
Quote from DarkTimes :It was the same for everybody. Some guys made mistakes and had bad luck, some drove well and had luck on their side. No one could be accused of having an unfair advantage, except the guys at the front who earned it by qualifying better.

ok, what about webber then? did "everybody" get rear ended under safety car? no. some people went off the road on their own. lots of people were hit by others, some seriously, and some not. for example, hamilton nearly got taken out by kubica. it wasn't any skill on his part that kept him in the race, it was luck. if kubica had hit him on the wheel instead of the side it could have been all over.

it was a crap shoot, nothing more.
Webber only got rear ended because Hamilton is a noob at safety car driving.
Some people crashed on their own.
Others nearly got taken out by others.
Some had luck, some showed skill.

However, it was a level playing field, and a great race. To say it was a farce because of a bit of rain is silly.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG