The online racing simulator
InSim suggestions for next version [Current: X12]
Possible bug [IS_RST]

I'm getting several of these packets during a race, with ReqI != 0, when connected through the relay. This has been confirmed by Firefox, who is using a different library than mine.

Possible bug [IS_CCH]

I'm getting several of these also when connected through the relay. If this is the intended behaviour, what is the meaning of these packets?

Suggestion [IR_HOS]

Flag to indicate if the host is DEMO.

Suggestion [IS_MCI]

During qualifying sessions, instead of sending a zero in the position, send the grid position.

---

If anyone else wants to add their suggestions using this format, let me know and I'll add them.
OK, I've notified Victor about the relay issues and made a note to look at the qualifying position thing.
Not sure where this needs to be reported, but

Recently we have had several users complain about stuttering on our servers and have confirmed this is only since the server has been connected to relay.

We have disconnected all our servers from relay and the stuttering has gone.
#4 - nikka
Suggestion: Some kind of notification that there has been contact/collision between two cars.
Quote from BurnOut69 :Possible bug [IS_RST]

I'm getting several of these packets during a race, with ReqI != 0, when connected through the relay. This has been confirmed by Firefox, who is using a different library than mine.

I've just been looking at hosts for some hours and debugging values a bit in my own relay client, but i'm only getting RST's when a race restarts so far, so I don't really know what to say or do atm.
Quote from BurnOut69 :
Possible bug [IS_CCH]

I'm getting several of these also when connected through the relay. If this is the intended behaviour, what is the meaning of these packets?

I checked for these too, but it looks fine to me.
CCH packets are sent whenever a racer changes view (or camera). I tested this doing it myself on a host and that worked. It sends CCH packets when you press V, but with a little delay to avoid multiple consequtive view changes.
Quote from BurnOut69 :

Suggestion [IR_HOS]

Flag to indicate if the host is DEMO.

Done. Added a bit to the host flags (if second bit is set, host is licensed)
Quote from birder :Not sure where this needs to be reported, but

Recently we have had several users complain about stuttering on our servers and have confirmed this is only since the server has been connected to relay.

I'm afraid I don't see how the relay can make your regular host experience stuttery. Can your connection handle it? Do you have a good connection to our server? (ie. no rediculous ping times)
Quote from Victor :I'm afraid I don't see how the relay can make your regular host experience stuttery. Can your connection handle it? Do you have a good connection to our server? (ie. no rediculous ping times)

Our servers are all from 500servers and very low ping. CD1 often runs with 24 on track and 40 plus on the servers.

I assure you that when relay is on is the only time we get this stuttering, we also have LFS Lapper and another LuaLFS running and these make no difference, just relay.

As it is we now switch off relay except for the IGTC which uses CD4
Quote from birder :Recently we have had several users complain about stuttering on our servers and have confirmed this is only since the server has been connected to relay.

Yep I can confirm that as I did feel it myself and like Birder said it has also been reported by several regular drivers of our servers who are from different locations/countries.

It was not really 'laggy' but 'jerky' and everything went back to normal for everyone as soon as we have disabled the relay.

I got 35-45 ms pings to the Master Server and to our LFS servers.
ok i believe you But that still leaves the question of why. And I've no clue atm. The relay is just another connection to a host and all the host does for 95% is send packets towards the relay (the other 5% is receiving packets).

Birder, are those Lapper and LuaLFS running locally on the host-servers?
Quote from Victor :are those Lapper and LuaLFS running locally on the host-servers?

Lapper is running on all of our servers but LuaFS is running on 2/4 of our servers and not on CD1 which is the most populated server.
We could feel the jerkiness on CD1 anyway and also on CD3 where LuaFS is not running.
And yes, both are running locally on the host server.
Feel free to delete this without notice if it has already been suggested, but if we could get the gap in seconds (or laps) to the cars in front and behind... that would be awesome...
Victor,

This is from yesterday's masters of endurance race, a LOT of RSTs:

1C-11-1E-00-00-00-17-00-4B-59-33-00-00-00-00-00-23-00-03-03-88-02-7F-00-96-01-FF-FF
1C-11-25-00-00-00-14-00-4B-59-33-00-00-00-00-00-23-00-03-03-88-02-7F-00-96-01-FF-FF
1C-11-2C-00-00-00-12-00-4B-59-33-00-00-00-00-00-23-00-03-03-88-02-7F-00-96-01-FF-FF
1C-11-33-00-00-00-12-00-4B-59-33-00-00-00-00-00-23-00-03-03-88-02-7F-00-96-01-FF-FF
1C-11-1E-00-CA-00-1B-00-4B-59-33-00-00-00-00-00-23-00-03-03-88-02-7F-00-96-01-FF-FF

I have a data file with the packet stream if thats of any help
Quote from traxxion :Feel free to delete this without notice if it has already been suggested, but if we could get the gap in seconds (or laps) to the cars in front and behind... that would be awesome...

DUDE thats allready in the game
at least the seconds.

Or do you mean like whole the time ?
#16 - Jakg
Yes, but what if you want an InSim app to be able to read it...?
Quote from Jakg :Yes, but what if you want an InSim app to be able to read it...?

But isn't it just a matter of math? I mean you get the split for each car and you store it. Then as you hit a split you can diff your time to the ones that already passed it and as more hit the split, you can diff theirs.
Quote from sdether :But isn't it just a matter of math? I mean you get the split for each car and you store it. Then as you hit a split you can diff your time to the ones that already passed it and as more hit the split, you can diff theirs.

Yes, you can do it using maths.

But, this is the idea of "requests". so we can make lives easier!
Just so you know, everyone - I am not really doing InSim requests in the patch, so most requests here will not be done.

I'm very busy getting things together for the patch, and for InSim I can only solve serious problems this time round, like bugs and other important issues - I have some noted.
Is it just going to be a server side patch, or a client & server side patch?
A complete patch, guest and dedi.

AI updates and other things.
Ok,

Thanks for the head's up. However, it should be noted that there are more and more InSim apps being created for new 'game types', to league tools to allow leagues to run more efficiently, so InSim really is becoming a key component of LFS (that separates it even more from the other simulation offerings).

Quote from Scawen :Just so you know, everyone - I am not really doing InSim requests in the patch, so most requests here will not be done.

I'm very busy getting things together for the patch, and for InSim I can only solve serious problems this time round, like bugs and other important issues - I have some noted.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG