The online racing simulator
crash effects
(41 posts, started )
crash effects
does anybody know of any free (or demos) racing games with good crash effects?

thanks in advance
-speedy
There's that German autobahn police game which has some good crumple effects, but the game itself is a bit rubbish.

Also I can't rememeber what its called () But I'm sure someone else will enlighten me.
cobra 11 it was my favorite tv show Before i moved from europe to usa
this has great physics
Eh, Its one of the few games that I notice the tires catching grip when you flip over and you get another roll in.
yeah i tried downloading cobra 11 but my comp isnt good enugh to play it. and that lfs game looks pretty cool i got to try that out sometime...
#8 - Jakg
Flatout's the best i've seen, but it's not free...
Quote from Jakg :Flatout's the best i've seen, but it's not free...

I dont think that a rusty old muscle car can crash into a concrete wall at 100mph and sustain (sp?) so little damage as in Flatout
Quote from squidhead :I dont think that a rusty old muscle car can crash into a concrete wall at 100mph and sustain (sp?) so little damage as in Flatout

we were talking about "good effects" not "realistic effects"

cobra 11 sucks big time, "got" the full version, completed the whole game in 3 hours (the best car there is a seat, hahahaha).

flatout has pretty kewl effects, both 1 and 2.
i guess u can pick up 1 pretty cheap and u have a quality game there.
All the games I've ever seen (besides LFS) have just had a bunch of bits fall off the structure of the car. I've never seen crash physics where stuff gets bent how it does in real life.

Obviously LFS has a long way to go with it's damage model, but I reckon it's going down the right path.
carmageddon
Quote from Not Sure :carmageddon

Agree.
Tho the graphics are ..well old, the crash effects and such are simply amazing for it`s time.
When I first switched from my Amiga to a P133 PC, I bought a copy of PCZone which had a Carmageddon demo on it, that being the first game I played on my new PC. I rememeber thinking at the time that games couldn't ever look, play or handle better than that

It was definitely the first game I ever knew that had real-time on the fly deformation.
yeh i have flatout. that is a great game i play that one alot. i think that the next step for lfs damage should be scratches. cuz that is a hell of alot esier then making pats fly off and all they would have to do is make some kind of system that makes anypart of the car that touches another car or concrete turn grey granted it would bw alot of work to do but it would look really good. im gonna see if i can try carmaggeden out or how ever the hell you spell that.
They had that in Viper Racing, a good 8 years ago. I tried that again recently and it looks awful - I remember it looking absolutely amazing when it came out.
i downloaded carmageddon 2 for free (the intire game) and im having a blast with it. the graphics are pretty old but it is still a really fun game.
Quote from Crashgate3 :They had that in Viper Racing, a good 8 years ago. I tried that again recently and it looks awful - I remember it looking absolutely amazing when it came out.

The same happend to me. Remember it was soooo great, and when I some years later started it up again, it lookes shit lol

Quote from iluuv2sk8 :i downloaded carmageddon 2 for free (the intire game) and im having a blast with it. the graphics are pretty old but it is still a really fun game.

There is also a mod out, carmageddon advanced or something, that adds all the carmageddon 1 tracks + many more. Should be worth checking out if you get tired of the tracks / cars
Quote from iluuv2sk8 :does anybody know of any free (or demos) racing games with good crash effects?

thanks in advance
-speedy

if u want good crash effects rent nascar 08 for xbox 360 or ps3 its realy good.
thanks for the mod 'the very end'

yeah nascar 08 is pretty cool my uncle did all the sounds on that game(he works at ea orlando as the leead sound engineer)
Quote from The Very End :The same happend to me. Remember it was soooo great, and when I some years later started it up again, it lookes shit lol

Yeah, same here a few months ago. I found my old Viper Racing CD (OMG!!!) I went and installed it and then I realized just how far video games have come lol.

Which makes me wonder, how awesome would LFS be with a horn-ball feature, lol. That was always LOADS of fun.
Oh yeah,Good times But now its not working on newer pc's :weeping:
Street Legal Redline Racing has pretty funny effects. Your car deform totally and that give allot of fun on high speeds
Quote from Not Sure :carmageddon

I love that game.

Was just really cool how you could just drive fast and win or take everybody out with nitro boxes n stuff around, was stupidly hularious fun.

I actually downloaded it a few months ago but it wouldn't run.

crash effects
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG