The online racing simulator
Complaint
(54 posts, started )
#1 - Koopa
Complaint
Well what should i say...

Thanks to maybe our first year of participating, and our stupiness or imo bad organisation, we missed out on the start, im really pissed off, we missed out on the start how on earth could that happen, we were so dawm pushing for this and now look what happend. Im really dissapointed, my team is.

Im really pissed, cant really tell my feelings now...

Why on earth did the organisation did not make a topic about the race with start times etc??? Same goes for the qualifications... New teams like us need to search the whole dawm MoE forum to search for the times instead of putting this in 1 main sticky... Ive said it before in other topics.

Anyways im gonna cry in a corner now, we were so eager todo this, ahh well well wait for MoE's second race... My crew moral is @ a all time low atm... We could fight for victory maybe and now this...

Ow and can someone say were we can find the bloody starting times maybe... This isnt gonna happen again imo... Starters errow perhaps..

Im like... :tit:
Racing Modus

• Qualifying
    In the week before a race on Sunday and Friday nights at 21:00 CET (summertime when applicable) qualifying sessions of one hour will be held. Teams can run an unlimited amount of laps during these sessions, but may only have one car on the track at all times. The fastest lap of the team counts for the starting positions.
  • Racing
    The racing will be timed, either 6, 12 or 24h. 6h races start at noon, 12h races at 10:00 (10am) and 24h at 16:00 (4pm). All times CET (summertime when applicable).
http://www.mastersofendurance.eu/?p=rules
#3 - Koopa
Beginners fault then... :something
You can still get your laps in and try to get some points, or else you will be far behind in the standings with 0 points . Also if you get on the track, you can at least gain experience with racing a full grid and learn pitstop methods. It is very valuable to learn, trust me.

The rules are pretty clear, but heh, I've seen every new MoE team make a few mistakes here and there. Don't let it get to you.

EDIT: I see you joined now, good luck :up:
The tracker doesn't show the laps for our 3rd driver, V. Szabó. (Maybe because he wrote V. Szabo on the server?)
He is now in 6th place but according to the the tracker he is 7 laps down.
Quote from csimpok :The tracker doesn't show the laps for our 3rd driver, V. Szabó. (Maybe because he wrote V. Szabo on the server?)
He is now in 6th place but according to the the tracker he is 7 laps down.

It isnt how you type the name in the game, it uses the LFS Username you provided in the Nominations Thread.

Quote from csimpok :Nr. 14. Infinity Skills, GT1, FZR

1. csimpok - Ákos Bakonyi (Hungary)
2. MoT3C - Máté Mickiewicz (Hungary)
3. csurdongulos: - Viktor Szabó (Hungary)

Csurdongulos is not in the list of the application form, he is a guest driver for this race.

There was a ":" put after his name . I'll see if this can get fixed.
Also regarding the tracker, if you get a "Server Load!" issue.... just please close the window to the tracker and come back to it a minute or two later. Also, please do not leave the tracker open in your browser, and do not keep clicking refresh (or F5'ing). There are too many requests for the tracker, so we need to only have people use the tracker when they really need it.

Plz go easy on it

Bookmark the link: http://moe.lfs-tracker.de/
Quote from Tweaker :There was a ":" put after his name . I'll see if this can get fixed.

were/are/will you be able to fix it, until my next stints?

thx

edit: I see you were able to fix it, thx again
#9 - Koopa
I would like to make 1 complaint,

MoE in general was superb but there is 1 thing i would like to discuss, its in general the GT1 cars and overtaking, i hope the admins will be more active checking overtaking actions by GT1 cars... And giving penaltie's because sometimes it was a bit ridicules.

More then once ive been used as a brake for some dive bombers... Wanting to overtake in impossible places.

I hope admins will take a look @ this and be more strict about this. Especially on SCLONG, i mean, its a narrow circuit, you cant just dissapear on such circuits.

Some GT1 guys really have no patience, i think if the admins dont do something about this, that it will get worse by the race.

There are some specific drivers who do this, a warning would be in place, if things like this occur again in SCLONG i think WE (GT2 guys) should make an official complaint about this.

This is the only thing ive been discussing about with my m8's on teamspeak during the race, its the only thing that had been bothering me during the MoE race, and imo the organisation should take a look @ this.

Offcourse its only a small part of drivers from the GT1 cars who do this, there even was a moment in the race that a GT1 car couldnt pass a teamm8 of me in the first corner, what happend was that he probably was frustrated and just rammed into him, and ran him of the road... The point is, that things like this kept on occuring, it wasnt only once, every time these drivers pass this happens.

Imo this is not acceptable in any way, and should be taken care off. since we werent racing for any good position we havent made a official complaint against this driver but in SCLONG it will be different.

Solution:

I think we should discuss this point, every race this returns and imo there should be some sort of rule, that if a GT1 pushes a car out of the way, or hits a GT2 (full contact) he should get reported on IRC with the lap it occured, and if its valid he should get a drive through instantly, without discussing, i mean they are the guys who can avoid the crash or contact, not the GT2 drivers, GT2 drivers cant do anything then, go out of the way asap without losing too much time. And also that the GT2 has the right to take the corner in a normal way, GT2 is as fast in the corners or faster the a GT1 so.... Offcourse i can see from a GT1 driver point that some GT2 guys really are in the way. But then they should make a complaint about it and the GT2 car should get a drivetrough, and not just push the car out of the way.

I think this way, GT1 cars will keep more distance, be more responsible for the action, and i think its the only way we can completly delete this overtaking problem. Its only a select group of drivers who do this, so others should not be bothered about such a rule. Also till this point pushing a GT2 out of the way isnt punisht, and if there is a contact, who's getting mad??? 9 out of 10 times its the GT1 driver complaining about it...

MoE has been superb like i said before, dont get me wrong, but things like this can be solved.
#10 - Worm
Is there a penality for team where a driver drove more than 45%?
Yes there is:
  1. Number of drivers for a team during a race
    During a race, a minimum of 3, a maximum of 4 drivers must race for a team. In the 24h race, all 6 drivers of the team can race.

No driver may drive more than 45% of the race. This number is calculated by the number of laps covered by the winning team. Any fractional amount of laps will be rounded up to a full number of laps. The admins give an estimate of that number before the race. All laps driven by the respective driver that exceed the 45% or the estimate, whichever is higher, will be deducted from the team's total laps.
Can't get rid of that 1. .. should be 8.

http://www.mastersofendurance.eu/?p=rules
[URL]http://nic.mm2c.com/MOE/points.gif[/URL]

In the 24h-race the points will be doubled.

Erm, shouldn't points be same for all 3 cars this season? This global balancing with ballast looks like all cars are equal now...
I think so, too. But I also think, the admins just didn't update it.
Quote from Koopa :I think we should discuss this point, every race this returns and imo there should be some sort of rule, that if a GT1 pushes a car out of the way, or hits a GT2 (full contact) he should get reported on IRC with the lap it occured, and if its valid he should get a drive through instantly, without discussing, i mean they are the guys who can avoid the crash or contact, not the GT2 drivers, GT2 drivers cant do anything then, go out of the way asap without losing too much time. And also that the GT2 has the right to take the corner in a normal way, GT2 is as fast in the corners or faster the a GT1 so.... Offcourse i can see from a GT1 driver point that some GT2 guys really are in the way. But then they should make a complaint about it and the GT2 car should get a drivetrough, and not just push the car out of the way.

I think this way, GT1 cars will keep more distance, be more responsible for the action, and i think its the only way we can completly delete this overtaking problem. Its only a select group of drivers who do this, so others should not be bothered about such a rule. Also till this point pushing a GT2 out of the way isnt punisht, and if there is a contact, who's getting mad??? 9 out of 10 times its the GT1 driver complaining about it...

MoE has been superb like i said before, dont get me wrong, but things like this can be solved.

Though I hate to admit it because I'm not a huge fan of his forum self-promotion activities, I have to admit that Gentlefoot's similar rule for his GFC series works very well. There it's mixed class FO8s and FOXs, and any time there's contact between a FO8 and a FOX there's an automatic review. Almost every time the ruling goes against the FO8. This makes it one of the cleanest driving series around, IMO.
Quote from Worm :Is there a penality for team where a driver drove more than 45%?

Yes... but ultimately the answer is actually no in this case.
If you take Cawwa's post with the rule, the line with 'The admins give an estimate of that number before the race' is the important bit.

Quote from MoE Website :The 45% estimate according Rule 8 for the 12h of Kyoto is 146 laps.
28.09.2007 - 11:45|Philip Kempermann

ID Racing's driver did 45.7% distance, however he only competed 145 laps, 2 more and a penalty would have been handed out. The estimate is given to provide a fixed value to what would be an unpredictable value based on the percentage of laps you happened to do compared to your teammates which is hard to determine compared to a fixed number of laps you can do.

Quote from N I K I :
[URL]http://nic.mm2c.com/MOE/points.gif[/URL]

In the 24h-race the points will be doubled.

Erm, shouldn't points be same for all 3 cars this season? This global balancing with ballast looks like all cars are equal now...

Quote from falcon5 :I think so, too. But I also think, the admins just didn't update it.

I would have agreed with you, except i think its accurate. Odd, but accurate.
Looking at last seasons results, we (Mercury) got 16pts for 3rd at BL1, the same number of points P.O.D got (id assume for 4th) so if last year XRR got more points than the FZR, and those points have them identical, i'd have to say those are correct.
As for 'global balancing' the FXR still gets the short end of the stick, and i guess this is why they appear to get slightly more points. Even with those extra points in mind, you still wouldnt consider driving one would you

Also, I agree completely with the thankfully rare occasion the GT2 was battered into submission by a GT1 car, I havent heard a comment from my guys saying any of the GT2 drivers were being unreasonable in letting them through, and im pretty sure none of the GT2 drivers wish to try and hold the GT1 cars up because there is no benefit to it. On the other hand sometimes the GT1 cars do seem to make passes when it really isnt suitable, purely because they cant afford to sit behind a slower car while the cars in their class pull away or close in on them, but it shouldnt excuse late dives into tricky corners. Whenever I was racing within view of another GT2 car i never saw anyone being a pain to pass, but i did see a couple of moves which were a bit too aggressive, and was on the receiving end of a few as well including one in the opening few laps, something that really put me off. Thankfully the majority of the passes were done when safe, and i recall seeing quite a number of the well known teams pull right behind me and wait a corner or 2 till the time was right, so its not everyone, just the minority, but hopefully in time it'll get better..... after South City that is, aka GT2 hell, be prepared to get slammed into barriers on a lap-by-lap basis
I for once...(as my driving experience) want to congratulate the GT1 drivers for doing a very good job overtaking me, while i was racing, trying to do my best... (i know i wasnt the cleanest driver) yet all gt1 cars, made everything possible, not to cause collisions, and i tried to make way, when possible.... however one of my team mates wasnt so fortunate... as he was rear ended but a GT1 car... after letting 1 GT1 pass, him... he came back on the ideal line, not knowing that there was another gt1, which used him as a brake. Anyway... it was only one incident... im sure.. that if we all just tried to be more speed eager, and thought twice about our paths, and movements... it can be safer for all cars. I have seen other GT2 cars get battered by GT1, but in my case they were very safe. Seems i got a protective AURA around my car :P
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Though I hate to admit it because I'm not a huge fan of his forum self-promotion activities, I have to admit that Gentlefoot's similar rule for his GFC series works very well. There it's mixed class FO8s and FOXs, and any time there's contact between a FO8 and a FOX there's an automatic review. Almost every time the ruling goes against the FO8. This makes it one of the cleanest driving series around, IMO.

I think so too, and its the only way we can completly eliminate this...

I hope they will think about this and consider using it.
Quote from Koopa :I think so too, and its the only way we can completly eliminate this...

I hope they will think about this and consider using it.

+1
#20 - Dru
Is someone telling me that ZWR GT1 did a 12 hour race, finished 18th and will not be getting any points as the points are only handed out to the first 17 drivers??
Midland and Super Aguri did a full F1 season last year without getting any points. And looking up the rules which everyone accepted by applying it looks like P18 = 0 points. Last season if an FZR got 17th they would have scored 0 points aswel.
Quote from Belain :Midland and Super Aguri did a full F1 season last year without getting any points. And looking up the rules which everyone accepted by applying it looks like P18 = 0 points. Last season if an FZR got 17th they would have scored 0 points aswel.

Yeah, this isn't really something you can complain about.

And given the fact that the field is split with the GT1s/GT2s, the number of teams in each class getting points should probably be reduced.
Quote from Clownpaint :But you aren't saying they are correct for this season too are you? I can't really determine whether you are or not.

I was saying that in my opinion it looks as though the points in that image were the correct scoring for this season, as they wish to use them. I only base this on the fact that another team driving a different car to us received the same number of points for their finish as we did for 3rd that time. I know last year they were staggered slightly to overcome the fact that there was a performance difference, but it looks to me as though if that scoring IS this seasons, they've decided the global balancing isnt sufficient and are giving a minor bonus to any FXR teams. Why tiny restrictions to the FZR & XRR werent given instead im not sure, but maybe they didnt want to mess with those cars too much... hard to tell.

I dont know if those points ARE season 3's, but from what last seasons results show, an XRR got the same points as a higher finishing FZR, suggesting they werent equally scored, those results show they are equally scored, making me assume they've been updated since last season with a view to using them this time out.
Accurate or not, i dunno, but looks like it IMO.
I'm pretty sure that, like everything else on the site, the points table just hasn't been updated yet.

Complaint
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG