The online racing simulator
community based cars/tracks
(9 posts, started )
i done a search on this and found one topic wich was related but it was started in 06 so i thought id start afresh...
what about if the community could help design and possibly build cars and/or tracks, so for tracks ppl would offer their opinions of what would work what wouldnt cambers elevation etc.
the final build would obviously come down to the devs decision but if the community done a lot of the work with design and tech specs then it shouldnt be to hard thereafter(i think), plus this would give the community what they want and at the same time more tracks would be released to build on the already impressive track list.
same with cars, the community lists of what they would like, engine sizes, type of power delivery, drive train, road goin or gtr etc, all the tech specs would be catered for from the community then the devs just need to put their own personal touch to it.
i kno its not as simple as this but it would provide the devs with some clues on what we want and maybe the direction of future cars and tracks, ofcourse the final decision is theirs but we are the ppl who buy this game and we are the ppl who play everyday, so we should have some say in what cars/tracks are implemented.
this community is huge and full of a lot of very knowledgable(sp) and very talented ppl who are more than capable of creating very good tracks and cars, ive read loads that the devs like to play their cards close to their chest and keep this games development to themselves but im merely suggesting that we give them the building blocks to base new cars and tracks on...maybe
Nordschleife
I think some system where users could submit current-LFS quality fictional cars and the creme de la creme would be put in would work, but not any form of open modding or something.
I think we should clone Eric. If the community is left to make cars, it'll end in flame wars.
im deff not suggesting open modding, im tryin to suggest that the community fires out a lot of ideas of what they want, then maybe the devs select a few who will draw up plans based on these ideas and work out the rough edges and make it more presentable and then work with the devs to come to some sort of agreement.
lets use a track as example, we fire out suggestions, like how long, what direction, fast, slow, loads of elevation, narrow sections, hard to pass sections, off camber etc, the majority of the suggestions gets put into a base model.
if the community say they want a long wide fast circuit then you kno how to roughly base it, then would it be a high speed circuit or would it be more midrange fast corners using 3rd 4th 5th gear, should it be clockwise/anticlockwise based, would the pits be based in a section where you wouldnt loose much time or maybe to handicap you in a place where you would loose a lot of time.
if the community fired out a lot of suggestions then the selected few drawn out plans then put them back out to the community we could highlight good/bad parts, where to improve certain points, it would be a long painfull process but it would mean we would have a track that would be liked and influenced by the majority, then the devs could have a look over it work out what they want what they like/dislike and maybe put it into the game, it is a lot of work but most of the work would come from us the community, the devs would just need to build the track, the blueprints are there waiting its just having the time to sort it out.
we all have our ideas of what we want, if we could come to some sort of arrangement with the devs where we get to design a track or car the community could design something that would talor for pretty much all our needs, puttin neons, nos bodykits etc aside and really focus on a really impressive "racing" based track or car we could produce some real cool stuff.
#6 - Gunn
The community already can't come to a consensus on such things so it would be a waste of time getting their opinions.
Idea = Fail
Quote from VTiRoj :I think we should clone Eric. If the community is left to make cars, it'll end in flame wars.

LMAO
+ 1

WTB Cloning Machin?
Quote from VTiRoj :I think we should clone Eric. If the community is left to make cars, it'll end in flame wars.

:uglyhamme

Bursts out in snorter laughing
-
(Hankstar) DELETED by Hankstar : *yawn*

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG