The online racing simulator
Power & Glory 1960s GT mod released for GTR2
(34 posts, started )
I'm playing Power & Glory for almost a week now and I'm thrilled (btw, it only needs to see the GTL cd/dvd on your drive only once, during installation and that's it... you may even rent it from your local video-club just for installing P&G in GTR2 )

Make no mistake, this is not LFS! So if you expect it to be like LFS you'll be disappointed. But it is as close as LFSish the ISI engine can get (so far). Keeping that in mind you will enjoy the one and only mod RSCNET have opened a separate subforum for, ever!

TBH I have only dealt extensively with the Fiat Abarth Group 5 (1000 cc, form '60s) which I am stuck with... by choice of course! I really love it! I have already put down quite some laps in Monza 2004, in Monaco 1979 and in Watkins Glenn and I have loved every single moment of it!

I haven't really tried other cars, except of a few laps with the Austin Mini Coopers S, the Alfa Romeo GTA and the Lotus Cortina... but not enough to seriously commnet on their physics. They seemed suprisingly good, though, at a first glance.

At the very least for the abarth (and the mini cooper) I recommend the mod to any simmer, especially those who keep an open mind across several popular sims
Cosworth Cortina around Goodwood is just sublime, sure, it's no LFS, but it's a bloody hoot!!!.

Plus the 4.2lt Jag is a great wardrobe to pilot around
#28 - Pig
hmmmm

Seems i'll have to rent GTR2 and give the mod a try...

Lets see....
It is indeed a really good mod. You actually can feel what is happening with the tires and the weight transfer in a good LFS like way.

The cars are strangely easy to handle for so old ones but after all they are extremely fun to drive with small controllable tail slides.
This is a wonderful, beautiful mod for GTR2.

Most notable cars for me so far are the Fiat Abarth, which reminds me a bit of the UF1 in terms of handling for some reason. It's really fun to hoon around in, but not so good for winning races I guess.

Also, I've taken a shining to the Jaguar Roadster (very nice and easy to drive, probably my fav), and the open-roofed car (which I forget the name of now). You can slide it all over the place and remain in good control. I didn't really think the ISI engine could handle slides like that, but anyway there you go...

This really is a blast- the best mod I've experienced for GTR2.

Now, someone just needs to fill me in on some good period tracks of the day, and maybe how to apply some suitable 60's tinted post processing for that extra dollop of immersion.

Brilliant!

PS, found the P&G owners manual over at NoGrip Racing. Very cool...
Goodwood, Crystal Palace, Snetterton 64, Zandvort 67, Kyalami 79, Silverstone 88.

Should do for a start
Time to dig this thread up since the recently released version 2 of this mod is quite impressive as well.
And, although I seem to be the only one going on about this, after extensive screwing around with the latest version of this mod I have to say it's amazingly good.

Can't compare it to v1 since I never got around to trying that one, but this is a really solid production from just about all aspects. A pleasant surprise for my ears was that the sounds of the cars are not a clipping, distorted mess and that the samples actually mix seamlessly, there are no moments of "hey wow, I got two engines" when going from low to high revs.

Also the UI is so clean and nice - a far cry from the cluttered, confusing, over-bevelled mess of the original GTR2 UI.
I have GT legends, but don't play it. My current PC does'nt do justice to it so I leave it at that. But as soon as the new pc comes (most likely in the summer....when I have money) GTR2 and this mod will be used.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG