The online racing simulator
Power & Glory 1960s GT mod released for GTR2
(34 posts, started )
Power & Glory 1960s GT mod released for GTR2
http://www.gtlw.co.uk/

Have been keeping my eye on this one for a couple of months. The cars in the most recent teaser video looked very, very good and who doesn't like cars from the 60s? Downloading now with fingers crossed that they've managed to work some minor miracles and actually get the GTR2 engine to do these cars justice.
Sounds interesting. I'll have a look, and see what it's like.

edit: Cancelled the download. It seems that I need GTL to install it.
yea, its for GTL not GTR2...:bananadea
#4 - ajp71
Quote from BlueFlame :yea, its for GTL not GTR2...:bananadea

No it is a GTR2 mod with reworked GTL cars, GTL is simply required so that the mod can legally use the car models/textures.
Quote from ajp71 :No it is a GTR2 mod with reworked GTL cars, GTL is simply required so that the mod can legally use the car models/textures.

Ah, right i see. you only need the CD KEY, or its just only a legality written on the website?

Ill just burn myself then ME > :bananadea:
#6 - ajp71
Quote from BlueFlame :Ah, right i see. you only need the CD KEY, or its just only a legality written on the website?

AFAIK this version is 'legal' for RSC and has had some kind of permission from SimBin, so I'd guess it does either properly check for a GTL CD or use the files from your GTL install. Nodoubt there'll be an alternative version out on the torrent sites soon enough
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
What's at 2:40? You can't slide in LFS? The car's reaction does like very good I must say.

The vid does look REALLY convincing though.
When has sliding all over the place in LFS been a problem... but that's not sliding on purpose, it's just going little over the limit. Try slamming throttle in the middle of corner like in the video and you don't get enough wheelspin to get the rear go wide like that. Instead the car probably looses completely grip and then slowly and smoothly gets it back while still being perfectly in control without any of that snappiness. That's how I feel.

Maybe the good editing in the video helps but it's amazing how they've managed to do that look that good, regarding ISI engine's "fidelity" in replays.
Ah, I see your point. Well - to be honest, I was going earlier through some replays of similar situations in LFS and externally it looks like that. Infact I got an .spr going through T4 in AS1R with the RAC repeatedly like that. It just didn't feel snappy when I was doing it. Agreed though - this does look very promising - if anything the video is top notch.
Looks nice, some fine sounding and looking cars. Very tempting.
Quote from xaotik :going through T4 in AS1R with the RAC repeatedly like that. It just didn't feel snappy when I was doing it. Agreed though - this does look very promising - if anything the video is top notch.

Esp with the LX6 & RAC - both light cars. I agree it does look spot on on that video as well though, I think I might have to try this out... ARGH, too many things to drive lately.

Have you driven it yet Budda? Thoughts?
Quote from ajp71 :AFAIK this version is 'legal' for RSC and has had some kind of permission from SimBin, so I'd guess it does either properly check for a GTL CD or use the files from your GTL install. Nodoubt there'll be an alternative version out on the torrent sites soon enough

heh, don't know how long it'll take, but I thought most people knew (who need to know) putting protection checks in installers is like installing a firewall on a win98 box You don't even need to run the installer.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from deggis :Maybe the good editing in the video helps but it's amazing how they've managed to do that look that good, regarding ISI engine's "fidelity" in replays.

Super Player Replay="1" // record player at higher frequency
The porsche itself looks awesome, i mean... just LOOK at it, how can anyone find that an ugly car, just.. its just.... it hits every button for me.

The stance, the deep dish wheels, even the risqué whale tale.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Have you driven it yet Budda? Thoughts?

Not really. Gave it a quick try to make sure that the download worked and that the mod installed into GTR2 properly but haven't had an opportunity to do more than a handful of laps in a couple of different cars. Initial impressions are a bit disappointing though.
#18 - Pig
Maybe now you found the time?

I do have GTL, and i was preeeeetty with it...

Just the idea of it beeing close to the LFS feeling, as they're saying it does, makes my day

But there's no way i'm going to buy GTR2 just hoping it will be like that... so, anybody from HERE tried it yet?
Nobody yet?

The thought of Classic/Vintage cars with true LFS-feel is very alluring. As is the thought of Vintage F1, LMP, Touring Cars, GT1, True GT3, Supercars, and every other type of car
Quote from Pig :I do have GTL, and i was preeeeetty with it...

Yeah i was pretty disappointed with it too, the Lotus Cortina's are fun, but the game as a whole is just lacking something.....

At the moment my computer can't handle GTR2 so i think i'll pass on it. But i agree with Srdsprinter, classic cars with LFS physics, yeah man and twice on Sunday I guess the nearest we've got to it is the LX's i.e Lotus 7
Jesus... I swear my CK corduroys had turned into bell-bottoms by the end of that video....
I loved GTL, and I love the P+G mod
Quote from danowat :I love the P+G mod

Huh ? whassat ?

I only played through it a couple of times then gave it to my brother-in-law, so i didn't keep up to date with any patches, mods or add-ons....
#24 - Jakg
P+G = Power & Glory mod i'm guessing...
Quote from Jakg :P+G = Power & Glory mod i'm guessing...

Yeah that sounds right, i can be a real pillock at times....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG