The online racing simulator
AS5 BF1 Onboard with Commentary
(20 posts, started )
#1 - amp88
I did this lap in response to a thread on another forum so I thought I'd put it here too. Quality isn't great, I know. First time I've ever done any kind of commentary so that's not great either. I've attached the replay file along with this post. The lap is nothing special and is quite a way off the WR, but it's more for the commentary than the driving.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=46OGyvTID4g
Attached files
amp88-as5-bf1-onboard-2'07.91.spr - 75.7 KB - 202 views
Good job the commentry is good a clear, lol wish mine was that good.
Good commentary, and I liked how you pointed out your mistakes on the brakes and such. Some nice advice to other drivers as well. Clear speech, even with a Scottish accent!

One thing I would improve it having th engine noise. You could turn the volume down every time you speak, like they do on the radio.

The engine volume wasn't on that loud anyway... well not to me at least
Quote from BlueFlame :The engine volume wasn't on that loud anyway... well not to me at least

Exactly! I couldn't hear it!
#6 - amp88
Yeah, the audio imbalance isn't very good. I tried changing the sound levels but it seemed like I was either getting too much speech or none at all. If I did any more I'd have to find some better way to compromise the volume levels. You can only hear the engine when I'm not speaking and even then it's hardly audible. I don't think Fraps is helping the situation either, it doesn't seem to have any adjustability at all for controlling audio.
I would love to record some commentary, i have always had a gift for stuff like that, so everyone tells me, i'd love to sit on Ventrilo or teamspeak with another commentator, and do a broadcast like they do on STCC
Quote from BlueFlame :I would love to record some commentary, i have always had a gift for stuff like that, so everyone tells me, i'd love to sit on Ventrilo or teamspeak with another commentator, and do a broadcast like they do on STCC

If you want to, I could send you a script for the next Blame Game and you could say the stuff, save it and send it to me?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :If you want to, I could send you a script for the next Blame Game and you could say the stuff, save it and send it to me?

Why not, but I would prefer more 'faked-serious' kinda stuff haha
I have a light scouse accent, hope nobody will take offense to it
Quote from BlueFlame :Why not, but I would prefer more 'faked-serious' kinda stuff haha
I have a light scouse accent, hope nobody will take offense to it

How dare you! TBG is a serious as it gets!
I'll straighten my attitude out then
Tuck me 'alf-a-lap tuh gid use' tuh the aahksin'.

From then on, it was enjoyable. Good commentary.
great stuff bro..
let me know if ud be interested on doin commentary on other videos.
Quote from wsinda :Tuck me 'alf-a-lap tuh gid use' tuh the aahksin'.

From then on, it was enjoyable. Good commentary.

Hehe, I was trying to put on a reasonable voice for it, but I expected some people might struggle to understand.
Quote from amp88 :...but I expected some people might struggle to understand.

uhm ... YEP, i understood like "apex" and "understeer" and that´s it, but i promise i´ll watch it over and over again until i got every single word of what you said there. nothing bad in trying to get used to some real scottish imo (i guess that´s what it is, and not japanese spoken by a spanish-russian guy)

/me hides
Nice commentry although I cannot figure out the first few words at all lol.
Scottish is easier to understand than Cockney.. Or anywhere far south in the UK TBH Easier to understand that Nick Heidfeld speaking English, that IS for certain.
Here's a transcript for anyone who's struggling:

"Hello, I'm amp88, welcome to my onboard lap around Aston Grand Prix (AS5) in the BMW Sauber BF1 in the racing simulator Live For Speed. Just coming up to the end of the warm-up lap here, trying to get some heat into the tyres - car's still a little bit nervous. And now the approach to the last turn which is vitally important to try and carry as much speed as possible in the next long straight. That was OK, on the power early and bring the car immediately to the left on the approach to the start/finish line. Building up to around about 200mph, the first couple of turns easily flat - just try and scrub as little speed as possible - and then immediately bring the car left again on the approach to turn one. Flick down 2 gears into 5th, minimum speed through the apex about 145mph, back up to 6th on the exit, use all the track and the grasscrete, there we go. Back to 6th, er 7th gear on the approach to the switchback hairpins around about 195mph. Braking just before the entry kerb down to about 55mph, 2nd gear. Little bit of left front locking, not bad. Understeer on the entry [and] mid-corner, and a little bit of exit oversteer. Up to the next hairpin, lock my brake and miss the braking point [should be miss the braking point and lock my brake], tried to recover there, short shift to 3rd to try and minimise exit oversteer, doesn't work very well. Now downhill again to the approach to the right hander which is very fast. Building up to around about 200mph in 7th gear. Entry's flat, down one gear turn right 160mph through the apex. Could have used a little bit more exit but that's alright. Back to 7th temporarily then down to 4th gear 90mph for the uphill right hander. Try and get on the power too early, mid corner and exit corner oversteer there, a little bit too early. This corner's nearly flat and the entry kerb kicks you onto the right hand side and the exit kerb - that was OK. Up to the flat right hander and the nearly flat left hander taken about 180mph - little bit of a lift and down 1 gear. That was a reasonable line, cut the corner on the right here - that's OK. Now let the car run out wide, have its head. About 195mph again on the straight here, on the approach to the hairpin. 195 round about here [was struggling for something to say so I waffled] down to 65 for this hairpin which is cambered which is good for the, eh, getting on the power quite soon [should have been "for this hairpin which is cambered so it's good for getting on the power early"], there we go. Little bit of mid corner oversteer, wheelspin, but it's OK. Down to the last corner which is difficult because it's downhill, try and carry as much speed again - that was OK - and there we go across the exit kerb. Keep the car right to minimise the distance to the line and there we are - across the line. Hope you enjoyed the lap."
i never could understand german or whatever that was... no that was pretty good even for you amp well done give yourself a pat on the back
I wish people would stop teasing, even if you ARE just all joking. I can understand him perfectly, just you scummy southerner isn't it?
Amp, just ignore these fools
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG