The online racing simulator
FXR FX50 dashboard reflections
(14 posts, started )
Both these cars have upward tilted glass screens over the dashboard instruments, which means that when the light is behind you, you cant actually see the instruments properly.
I think it's a cool effect. You get that in some real cars too if the sun is behind you (although not if your body casts a shadow from the sun onto it!).
i think its really annoying because you cant see anyhting on the dash
Quote :I think it's a cool effect. You get that in some real cars too if the sun is behind you (although not if your body casts a shadow from the sun onto it!).

I think that behind you is the seat! Anyway...its not annoying. Who cares...with my driving experience i rarely look at the dashboard.
#5 - (SaM)
Yes it can be annoying but if it's happening in reality as well, I like it and I'd like to keep it. REALISM BOYS!
Nonsense does it happen in reality. The glass over the instruments is always tilted downwards, and so you sometimes get reflections of brightly lit surfaces with the cockpit.
You never get actual direct reflected view of the sky out the back window, and if you did you'd get blinded everytime you drove away from the low sun.
#7 - (SaM)
Well maybe you havent but I have seen it alot, not as bright as this though, but I'm ok with it. s
#8 - Gunn
The sky is also reflected in the helmet even though the roof is in the way.
Quote from colcob :Nonsense does it happen in reality. The glass over the instruments is always tilted downwards, and so you sometimes get reflections of brightly lit surfaces with the cockpit.
You never get actual direct reflected view of the sky out the back window, and if you did you'd get blinded everytime you drove away from the low sun.

.. i wouldnt know... i dont drive a GTR class car to school..
Well all real dashboards are designed specifically to stop anything being reflected on the dashboard glass. Any dashboard that reflects external light like the FZ50's does would be deemed unroadworthy.
Quote from Gunn :The sky is also reflected in the helmet even though the roof is in the way.

Yes and that proves that the reflection on the dash is also wrong... Also it is low res and stretched out and looks bad. Maybe if it was a DYNAMIC reflection it would be ok, at least then it would be accurate. As it is now, it is pretty ugly and inaccurate IMHO.

I wish they would fix it too.
Quote from sinbad :Well all real dashboards are designed specifically to stop anything being reflected on the dashboard glass. Any dashboard that reflects external light like the FZ50's does would be deemed unroadworthy.

Agreed. Construction and Use regulations are clear on reflective surfaces that reflect sunlight toward the driver. Granted, this is a race car.. But surely, that'd be even MORE reason for such caution.
#13 - JJ72
We just need incar shadows?
Quote from JJ72 :We just need incar shadows?

That would be sweet.. (dynamic real shadows that is)
We already have "shadows", as in the inside of the car gets darker going underneath overpasses or trees casting shadows. That is cool, but it doesn't mean the roof of the car casts a shadow on the interior of the car. With DX9 that is possible- self shadowing, "volumetric shadowing" or whatever, and would really be a nice affect for sure. It would eliminate that nasty reflection on the dash too.

-maybe a file can be renamed to get rid of that reflection??

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG