The online racing simulator
gear changes
(12 posts, started )
gear changes
i just started playing s2 and on the fast formula 1 type cars i cant change gears. The other cars are fine. Im usng a G25
You have to use sequential mode on those cars, H pattern will not work.
thanks
so how do u change gears in sequential
Assign button controls to "gear up" and "gear down".

With the G25 this means you'll have to re-assign first and second gears when you switch back to H-pattern mode. This can get tedious if you do a lot of switching between cars, once you're comfortable with the changes you can use the script system in LFS to automatically reconfigure your controls each time you leave the pits for whichever car you are in.

Edit: added my scripts, you may find them useful. Unextract them to your lfs\data\scripts folder. Be sure to back up the originals in case you don't like my settings, although you can always just edit the scripts too.
Attached files
my G25 scripts.zip - 3.7 KB - 135 views
I have a G25 and have no problem at all with this. I use the H-shift for normal cars and the flappy-pedal-gearbox (courtesy of Jeremy Clarkson) for formula-like cars. Just assign the H-shifter positions to their respective gears in the options and then the flaps behind the wheel to the gear up (right lever) and gear down (left lever). The game will then automaticaly switch between the modes, depending on the type of vehicle you drive. Or you can choose manually to drive normal cars with the semi-auto gearbox if you wish to, but I don't do that.
The only problem with LFS+G25 is that if you want to use the sequential shifting on your H-shifter console, you have to reassign those gearstick positions to gear up and gear down, thus losing the flaps assingments. I just hope I am not overcomplicating things for you.
ah i was wondering how to use the sequential mode with the H shifter and not just the paddles. cheers.

also, machine head-
cant u just turn that little nob and then set it to sequential, then if u want the normal gears just turn it back, thats how it worked on other sims, when u set it to sequential its set as buttons anyways then the H shift mode is set seperate, cant say it will work on lfs but its worth a try
Quote from p5srono :cant u just turn that little nob and then set it to sequential, then if u want the normal gears just turn it back, thats how it worked on other sims, when u set it to sequential its set as buttons anyways then the H shift mode is set seperate, cant say it will work on lfs but its worth a try

You can change gears 3 ways on the G25. Shifter (h-gate), Sequential (paddles) and another sequential mode (like you find in a rally car, a push up or down action). If i went onto LFS, and turned the knob on the shifter to sequential, it would'nt work, i would have to go through the trouble of re-assigning buttons so i could get the shifter-sequential to work, and then, the paddles would un-assign themselfs. And then, when i would want to go back to h-gate, i would have to re-assign my buttons again. After time, this can prove pretty annoying. This is why these scripts have been made. When you use them, they change the buttons for that specific shifting mode, and then you put in another script to either change the mode, or put them back to default.
i assign my H patern gear box for speed 1-2-3-4-5-6 and i've assigned gear up gear down to my steering paddle, and i did'nt have any problem, when a drive a formula i use my paddle and if i drive a GTR i use my H pattern gearbox, i don't need to reconfigure my button between each kinf of cars !!! its all different button !!!!
Quote from breadfan :I use the H-shift for normal cars and the flappy-pedal-gearbox (courtesy of Jeremy Clarkson) for formula-like cars.

LMFAO!!! anyway, does shift+g not work on the g25 to change from shifter to sequential (and even to auto)? I'm only using a ps3 controller, but i can use shift+g to change from manual to auto.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :You can change gears 3 ways on the G25. Shifter (h-gate), Sequential (paddles) and another sequential mode (like you find in a rally car, a push up or down action). If i went onto LFS, and turned the knob on the shifter to sequential, it would'nt work, i would have to go through the trouble of re-assigning buttons so i could get the shifter-sequential to work, and then, the paddles would un-assign themselfs. And then, when i would want to go back to h-gate, i would have to re-assign my buttons again. After time, this can prove pretty annoying. This is why these scripts have been made. When you use them, they change the buttons for that specific shifting mode, and then you put in another script to either change the mode, or put them back to default.

i got rid of my g25 ages ago so ive not used it on lfs, i never liked usin the paddle shift either so i always had it set as either H or sequential, the more i play lfs tho the more i want another g25, i dont think they are worth buyin new, mine cost 200 and i was severly dissapointed with it but ive seen them goin for around 130 lately so i might get another and see how it is, when i had mine i went to the trouble of settin up a recaro out of my civic and makin the frame work to house the g25, i didnt stop playin rfactor for like 2 weeks straight when i set it all up, i miss those 2 weeks

gear changes
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG