The online racing simulator
#1 - Alles
Round 3 Race Discussion
So how was your race?

well mine wasnt so good. at the end of first lap i spinned. was all my stupidity involved. someone was inside me and i took wider line, then i wanted to turn but i got massive indersteer and i touched the grass and spinned. started 12th. then i slowly made up places fighting with alot drivers and got 9th at the end. so i guess i can be happy about the result afterall

oh, i was in G1
Crap, got bashed from pillar to post in the first few laps, then spent the rest of the race battling to claim a few places.

Also, got called a tosser just because I didn't "submit" to a blue flag, as far as I am concerned, if you ain't that much faster than me, and I am racing for positions, then it's your job to get past me.

If the admins view it a different way, then so be it.

Also, the standard of driver was sub-poor, I was thinking about making complaints, but I really can't be bothered.
Quote from danowat :Crap, got bashed from pillar to post in the first few laps, then spent the rest of the race battling to claim a few places.

Also, got called a tosser just because I didn't "submit" to a blue flag, as far as I am concerned, if you ain't that much faster than me, and I am racing for positions, then it's your job to get past me.

If the admins view it a different way, then so be it.

Also, the standard of driver was sub-poor, I was thinking about making complaints, but I really can't be bothered.

Submit complaints then.
quite confusing race for me too, no wonder with fwd though...

started 16th, somebody crashed in chicane in front of me, couldnt avoid him and had to pit, about lap 7 or something. still worked my way up from 31st to 10th, so not too bad.
#5 - Alles
Quote from dodo.ger :quite confusing race for me too, no wonder with fwd though...

started 16th, somebody crashed in chicane in front of me, couldnt avoid him and had to pit, about lap 7 or something. still worked my way up from 31st to 10th, so not too bad.

i see your race was very similar
note to self: tell dad NOT to call me again at 0.15a.m. when i´m racing - for some reason it kicks me from the server when someone´s calling me. made my way up to lap 43, like driving on ice in the end, cause i didnt want to do a pit stop... and then this well, did anyone else manage to finish on R3s without tire change? just curious...
thx to all on sever 2 nice race...
#8 - Alles
Quote from eimer_ :did anyone else manage to finish on R3s without tire change? just curious...

i didnt eaven try, but i think everyone pited
Results

Qualifying
Race

Replays

Server 1 Quali / Race
Server 2 Quali / Race
Server 3 Quali / Race

If anyone can provide me with the Server 2 Qualifying replay, please send me a PM or add me to msn.
Qualifying was pretty good, was happy to be on the front row for that.

Got off to a fairly average start, had a few good battles with a few people. Slight contact between Jonesy_ and myself on the 8th lap, I'm sorry for ruining your camber Sir Jones, I did kinda turn in a little late....

Basically just tried to keep it smooth and on the track and ended up with 3rd... Should have had 2nd, but maybe next time.

Quote from eimer_ : well, did anyone else manage to finish on R3s without tire change? just curious...

Yeah... AMT|sarin did it, he's the only one who did it. He gained some spots (maybe 10 or so in total including DNF of others) on server 2 but I dont think it would work so well (or at all) on "premiere server"...

He drove XFR with r2/r3 combo...

EDIT: From P24 at the start to P7 at the end. But a lot of that goes to clean-noMistake drive... In lap 10 he was already up to P12.
#12 - arco
Quote from Dragonmen :Yeah... AMT|sarin did it, he's the only one who did it.

An achievement in itself, considering he drove with a mouse. Well done sarin!
Quote from eimer_ :note to self: tell dad NOT to call me again at 0.15a.m. when i´m racing - for some reason it kicks me from the server when someone´s calling me. made my way up to lap 43, like driving on ice in the end, cause i didnt want to do a pit stop... and then this well, did anyone else manage to finish on R3s without tire change? just curious...

Well, if you have a router of some sort close to the phone, then it might very well get confused because of the wave disturbtion. MAybe that is your problem, especially if it kicks you every time you get called. As for the race, this one was very hard by the looks of all dnf's.
#14 - Kaw
I had a fine race. From 32 to 11. And I had like 7 laps practise before the quall. I had to jump in because Arni's internet went boom

But good race overall.
Quote from arco :An achievement in itself, considering he drove with a mouse. Well done sarin!

thx arco... mouse power
-
(Kaw) DELETED by Kaw
Sounds like it was great fun. I wish i could of been home to watch.
Once again Thanks to WolleT from LFSTracker.
ASR TV for the broadcasting.
Commentator: Marius 'squasseL' Golombeck
server admins: Paul, Rev Rooble, Pecker. (done top job while i was away )
Sponsors: TrackIR, Banni.co.uk, 500servers, my3id.com and Morrow.

Well done sarin for being able to do the whole 50laps without pitting
we must of taught you well

Thanks kaw for jumping in for arni at the last minute, you done well
Congratulations ducky finally a race for you without the bad luck (bird flu) podium finish, arwsome

Congratulations to Worm for bouncing back after his terrible bad luck at round 2 AS7r - TBO and winning round 3.

Thanks too all the competitors, see you Round 4
Server 3.
My quali was awful, put a slow time in but I know it wouldn't improve to make a difference so I sat a lot of it out.

Horrible crash on first corner, here's what happened; From the back of the grid I gained ground, Iceman got a poor start, I made up 2 places before the 1st corner. In the middle of the pack Overlord went into the corner far too early and as a result slid out and into an innocent Istabraq [/B](would not be surprised if there's a complaint filed there). They both spun, Overlord went off the track but Bozo hit Istabraq flipping him over, ceman narrowly missing him in spectacular style (and I mean narrowly - probably scraped the paint of the car )

I went into the melee and hit them but seemed like I was going to be okay as I stayed straight ... but Nikoolaa punched me hard from the rear spinning me out. A couple of people came off really badly and had to pit, I was fairly lucky and was amazed there wasn't any damage. Others were not so lucky and had to limp round for a pitstop.
Hey... sorry to be a party pooper and that, but I was just wondering what's up with the bold names?
Nothing at all, just highlighting names for easy reference. Will remove them.
No problems mate, I was just wondering
Quote from Alles :i see your race was very similar

yep, quite the same, just that i didnt make it to grid 1.

Quote from eimer_ :did anyone else manage to finish on R3s without tire change? just curious...

i did only change front right which might have made it the 50 laps too, but i wanted to play safe.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG