The online racing simulator
Movify my replay
(8 posts, started )
Movify my replay
In the tradition of the 'Render My Skin' and Edit My Screenshot' threads comes 'Movify My Replay'.
The idea is totally experimental and may go down in flames. Then again it might not.

The concept is that people post their uber cool replays (like hotlaps or online battles), and request that some or all of it be 'movified'.
Then the community's movie making talent grab the file and unleash all of their creative juices on it, and post the result.

Rules for people posting replays.
----------------------------------
  • Include a brief description of what the replay is. [e.g. Hotlap of SO Long / 5 laps of drifting around BL1 / 5 Lap UF1 race at FB Green].
  • If you only want part of your replay made into a movie, specify what timeframe. [e.g.Laps 2-3, or turns 1 - 8].
  • Make sure you point out the names of racer(s) that should be the focus of the movie.
  • Dont post laggy messes of mprs.
  • Make sure the replays are entertaining. [i.e. not you and your dr1f0r buddy doing donuts in the carpark for half an hour].
I've done a very crude example to get the ball rolling. The replay (attached) is the UFR World Record at SO long.
Here is the movie:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=j7iqU1LfcTA
Attached files
arrechee_SO4_UFR_138640.spr - 58.2 KB - 195 views
So basically, someone makes a movie out of your replay, and then they attach their own replay for someone else to do?
It doesn't have to be pass the parcel. Anyone post a replay if it's got some good footage that would go nicely in movie form.

Maybe a great online race, or a hot-lap that would make for good slow motion stuff.
Quote from farcar :It doesn't have to be pass the parcel. Anyone post a replay if it's got some good footage that would go nicely in movie form.

Maybe a great online race, or a hot-lap that would make for good slow motion stuff.

Gotcha! Sound like a good idea to me
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Gotcha! Sound like a good idea to me

yeah, the idea sounds nice
not going to post replays here though
Quote from squidhead :
not going to post replays here though

Why not? People post skins in the 'Render My Skin thread'
Quote from farcar :Why not? People post skins in the 'Render My Skin thread'

Because I am a movie maker myself
Alright then, have a go at this one.
Great battle for the lead here on the last lap between [AKR].MAM. and ~AR~Slow069.
Attached files
lap5of51st&2nd.mpr - 798.3 KB - 221 views

Movify my replay
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG