The online racing simulator
Help with steering wheel
(6 posts, started )
Help with steering wheel
My steering setup is:
240° because i have the GRT Pro FF(which has an angle of 240°).
then i set the steering compensation to 0.

But now the problem, if i have my wheel steered 90° in the FO8, the wheel in the game is more than 90°. So its not 1:1, although i have no steering compensation.

How can i handle this? I mean if it would be realistic, than the wheel in the game could only turn to 240° even if the F08 itself could theoretically do more.

Is there a way to make it 1:1 realistic?
Quote from dcToro :Is there a way to make it 1:1 realistic?

Yes there is.

Look on this page and download Dxtweaks 2

It takes quite a lot of patience getting it exactly 1:1 but it's not to difficult.

You will find the cars with large steering rotation quite difficult to drive as you're limited to the physical rotation of you're own wheel. But you'll probably find yourself adjusting your driving style to compensate.

For example, i had a Thrustmaster wheel and used Dxtweaks to get a perfect 1:1 ratio. After a while i noticed i was throwing the car very sharply and very early into the corners (almost like a whipping action), kicking the back end out just a touch and letting the car drift to the apex while balancing it with the throttle and wheel. It's not the quickest way to drive, but it sure is fun ! Then i got a DFP and set it to 900 degrees but my driving technique stayed the same, now i never ever use more than about 200 degrees. In fact my hands only moves over 90 degrees if i've lost it and heading for a crash

Anyway, that stuff about my own driving technique might not mean anything to you, we all drive differently. Just download that programme and have a play with it, it's quite easy to use.
Quote from dcToro :My steering setup is:
240° because i have the GRT Pro FF(which has an angle of 240°).
then i set the steering compensation to 0.

But now the problem, if i have my wheel steered 90° in the FO8, the wheel in the game is more than 90°. So its not 1:1, although i have no steering compensation.

How can i handle this? I mean if it would be realistic, than the wheel in the game could only turn to 240° even if the F08 itself could theoretically do more.

Is there a way to make it 1:1 realistic?

The wheels turn compensation setting is supposed to be a semi-realistic and simple solution. If you set it to 1 and input 240 as wheel rotation in game, the steering will be 1:1 around the center but grow up as you go to the locks.

If you don't mind a little non-linearity, that's the easiest way out.
First off all, thanks for the answers, but on the page for the dxtweak tool is written that it will work on Windows 95,98,Me....does it also work on XP?

Yeah, just scroll up to Dxtweaks2, its just above the calibration tool
Ah i see

I will try this tool, thank you for the hint

Help with steering wheel
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG