The online racing simulator
g25 wobble?
(12 posts, started )
#1 - Beau
g25 wobble?
Is there any major physics or driver differences between LFS .5V and .5X10?

It's just i seem to get major differences in the wobble.

In .5V it barely exists. I played this for awhile before going to .5X10 and i didn't know about the wobble issue. Once aware of it, i discovered i could flick the wheel on purpose and make it appear, but it was easily stopped with one hand.

In .5X10 it pretty much has made the wheel useless. Its not fun. The whole desk shakes like crazy, and there is no way you can completly stop it with one hand.

What confuses me is the same settings in the profiler and inside the game.

I've even tried tweaking the hell out of .5X10 and i can't get the wobble out or at least down to how it was in .5V.

Makes me wonder what's been added or changed?, or have i just fluked something really weird.
#3 - Gil07
Happens here too. The wheel just shakes on the straights...
My wheel only wobbles on straights when I put my hands of it.
For some reason my wheel very fastely on LFS it just goes full lock to the right, but they it returns in like 0.01 of a second. The speed of it is that fast, it's just about fast enough to see. Im sure this is costing me a small ammount of time
This happens with my wheel when I connect the USB after I start the game. Just recalibrate it = move fully to the right and left. Do the same for the pedals. No need to recalibrate the shift stick though
Quote from dmwright :For some reason my wheel very fastely on LFS it just goes full lock to the right, but they it returns in like 0.01 of a second. The speed of it is that fast, it's just about fast enough to see. Im sure this is costing me a small ammount of time

you mean while youre not doing anything with the wheel ?
if so check if it does the same in the profiler ... likely a broken/dirty pot
Well if the wheel shakes, then your tires need aligning.

I used to get this on my DFP but not happened on my G25
#10 - Beau
The moving the wheel full lock both ways seemed to have fixed it.

Weird, but i'll take it, i can drive in straight lines with ease again haha.

Swear it was like the whole track was a corrugated dirt one before :P.

Thanks guys.
the problem is that sometimes lfs will lose calibration eg by starting lfs without a wheel connected to your pc
the effect is that whatever range you turn the wheel through will be its new calibrated range
so if you only turn your g25 through 180° youll have the whole 720° of the lfs cars mapped to your 180° making the wheel very sensitive

if the problem ever comes up again just turn your wheel a little and see if the in game wheel turns faster than it normally does
if you mean leaving go of the wheel and it wobbling, its "natural"

g25 wobble?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG