The online racing simulator
Help me, my pc wont boot (it does nothing AT ALL)
Well ive boight my mobo few weeks ago, a ASUS Crosshair and built it in my case but nothing happened at all, i tried allot of thigns ive read on forums etc.. but really it wont boot, startup u name it.
What should i do now? my specs

- Asus Crosshair
- 2x 1024MB 667Mhz G.Skill Extreme Edition CL5
- Nvidia GeForce 8500GT 521MB @ 495Mhz
- AMD AM2 Athlon 4600+ X2
- Xilence 550Watt PSU
edit: i have a little LCD Poster and it says : CPU INIT (mean initializing, but apparantly only sshould come up for a few sec and should boot, not here...)
seems like the cpu is broken or not working with that mobo. Can you try starting with another CPU?
i dont have another
#4 - Jakg
Does it make any beeps?
ive allready seen that, but what i also saw is that ASUS advices to have a PSU of minimum 600watt and a 8pins connector for the CPU wich i dont have and that might be the prob my pc wont boot, start
#7 - Jakg
You shouldn't need a 600 Watt PSU for that - they say that because if you can drop £150 on a mobo then you usually have high-end kit behind it, not a 4600 and an 8500GT
but on the website they really said ull need the 8 pins or else it wont start, but is my CPU broken?
edit: Dutch version:
Bedenk wel dat asus zelf adviseert niet lager als een 600 watt voeding aan te sluiten op het moederbord, het kan voorkomen dat het moederbord niet eens wil opstarten.
Als we toch met de voeding bezig zijn dan meteen het puntje van de extra 4x 12volts 8pins aansluiting.
Die heb je echt nodig als je denkt met een 4 pins lukt het ook wel dan heb je het mis het moederbord doet niks als je niet alle 8 pinnetjes van stroom hebt voorzien.

ENglish:
Consider, however, that asus themselves do not recommend lower if 600 Watt can prevent feeding to connect on the moederbord, it that the moederbord want not even start up.
If we are nevertheless with feeding busy then immediately the puntje of extra 4x 12volts 8pins connection.
Those need you really if it thinks you also then has you wrong the moederbord does with 4 pins succeeds nothing if you have not provided all 8 pins with flow.

i really let a site translate it
#9 - Jakg
Do you have an 8-pin PSU then?

If not then i think you might just have found the problem.
no i dont, so i guess ill do some research for a decent 600+Watt PSU
You can find simple 4-pin to 8-pin adapter, something like this, maybe it will work then, I had a similar problem with my Sapphire board
i know, but i have a Xilence PSU and that isnt also the best solution imo
Wait, the whole point of the Crosshair is that it TELLS you what's wrong on the LCD Post Display on back... what does THAT say?
CPU INIT, but i've realised my PSU isnt good enoug, but ive ordered another one and if that doesnt does it ill kick myself...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG