The online racing simulator
Question about new race types
I hope it's allowed for me to ask this question, if it's the wrong forum, just delete this thread.

I just love how there are car types in CTRA that you barely find on other servers. But the only thing I miss everywhere is a decent Rallycross server. I would like to drive Rallycross with some skilled drivers. Is there a possibility that there will be Rallycross servers in the future ?

Thanks
yeah ive been noticing the abcense of rallyx on race 1 and i really miss it
what I would really love to see would be an EXTRA level one server for Copper/Bronze and above.....

that is UF1 only. I think this would be a good addition and allow a greater chance for the copper and Bronze racers to gain points AND race with the higher license racers

this post sponsored by the Keep Becky Sane Foundation
lol love your sig, yeah i do also like the idea of another server like it used to be
I would like RallyX to be added to the B and J server as it uses the same cars and the racing is simular to the AutoX tracks with minimal contact allowed It could also generate more interest in the server.
yes celtic that is another one i like, i think the ctra NEEDS rallyx
Nice that everyone agrees with me

Or Maybe a new server next to the Race 1,2 and Single Seater 1,2. Maybe RallyX 1,2

Well, it's just a tought offcourse
RallyX is the only race I am good at, so +1 for CTRA RallyX

Lol Dillyracer, our CTRA userbars are the same
I actually races RallyX on race2 server not many days ago, but one thing bottered me, it was 35 laps! I mean, oh come on ffs, it`s killing me! 20 laps, yes maybe but 35?! And the other fun thing too - I destroyed my car on lap 19, and what I do? I can`t do a shit lol, since there is no place to repair the car on the rallyX course, so please, if you going to have a race there in the future, limit it to something like 20 laps MAX, 35 without the pit aviable is suicide. T1 heroes destroy you in T1, and then you have to drive with your scrap-car for 34 more laps
Anyway, +1 for blackwood rallycross... and +1 for a CTRA rally server?
I would love to see a CTRA RallyX server.

Here is the problem we are having. There just isn't enough people to get the servers to a comfortable user level for good racing. We could open up every type of server in the world, but if they don't have at least 4-5 drivers in them people will just go to their most favorite car/track combo and have some fun on there instead.

What I am trying to say is that everyone that races CTRA should tell their friends so we can get these servers filled so we can release more and different server combos =) We can only provide more servers if there are more people to fill these servers, otherwise there is no point, or in CTRA's case no points

Your best bet The Very End is to post on this thread http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=30826 and state your proposal about changing the laps.
yes chris i get your point but if race one had rallyx on it for a bit (one of the rotation) people would get used to it and then in future maybe release a rallyx server but not having rallyx on race1 really hurts it in my opinion
It's not the idea of people being used to it or not, it's just that there isn't enough people to put on that many servers and still have great racing.
well i didnt put it right i think first we need race 1 to have rallyx
Ahh =) Ask Sam or Becky in TS, see what they think.
k
I'm not putting rallyX on the race 1 server. It's popular, I dont need to screw it up by asking everyone to eat marmite. BnJ is due some changes though, so you never know.
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm not putting rallyX on the race 1 server. It's popular, I dont need to screw it up by asking everyone to eat marmite. BnJ is due some changes though, so you never know.

Awwww
Well ok then, better hope it soon comes to Race 2, and while we speaking about it, chance to have less than 35 laps then? It`s a pain in the butt without beeing able to pit.
35 laps of RallyX Green is somewhere around 13 minutes or so, I would think any driver qualified for race 2 can drive that long without crashing, surely?

Race lengths in CTRA are actually controlled by distance, whilst 35 laps sounds a lot the fact is Fe RallyX Green is a really short track.
This is good news
@becky:
yeah sure, i think 98% of all racers can do that....

...but only if they are alone on the track or they don't intend to engage in a fight for positions. on this track it is really easy to roll or to ruin your suspension. it's a tight track and overtaking without contact is only possible against much slower drivers.

35 laps will definately keep the server empty. it's the best way to keep rx unpopular.

p.s.:
the longest race length you can have in real rallycross is 6 laps. green rx is a quiet short but typical rx track.
Becky and I are on the same boat on this one. Because it would never get the required majority vote(although Becky does hold veto power) shortening the distance will not happen for rallyX

I will say this. You and only you are in control of how much damage and at what pace you run at. If you are trying to put in blistering laps you will get damage, it's the nature of rally. Slow the pace down and work on putting consistent laps in, thats what racing is about, not hotlapping. If you want to run flat out do it offline in single player. =)

Multiplayer is meant for racing, and keeping your car intact is one important aspect of racing.

STCC did a 25 (ended up being over 30)minute race or so at one of the RallyX's for round 11(cannot remember off the top of my head) Sure it was only 18 laps, but the amount of time spent on the track is alot more than a little 15 minute race and almost everyone finished the race. The front runners finished the race with only their ride height being damaged. You can set a fast pace(in this case low 1:13's) and still come home clean if you learn where you can push it and where you have to be cautious. This is one of many skills a competent driver must have.
ok if rallyx not on race one i think it should fit with the bump and jump idea
basically it's the same as the STCC lrf servers. don't complain about the lack of interest if you limit the most popular car of this class to platinum users (at that time there weren't many platinums).

if you don't want rallycross racers on the track who love the sport and mostly race rallycross in lfs , this is the right way .

it's like having a autocross session where you have to race 35 laps. it's nothing like the real thing. you are still driving on a autocross layout, but it isn't autocross anymore.

as an addition, unfortunatly even good hardtrack racers often behave on rx tracks pretty clumsy/unpredictable. on a track like green rx you have to have some luck to survive a 35 lap race unharmed.

in the rxc, we have a jokerlap because it IS almost impossible to overtake on this track when you are driving against equally skilled drivers, just because you can't do major mistakes and there isn't much room.
Quote from Fetzo :basically it's the same as the STCC lrf servers. don't complain about the lack of interest if you limit the most popular car of this class to platinum users (at that time there weren't many platinums).

if you don't want rallycross racers on the track who love the sport and mostly race rallycross in lfs , this is the right way .

it's like having a autocross session where you have to race 35 laps. it's nothing like the real thing. you are still driving on a autocross layout, but it isn't autocross anymore.

as an addition, unfortunatly even good hardtrack racers often behave on rx tracks pretty clumsy/unpredictable. on a track like green rx you have to have some luck to survive a 35 lap race unharmed.

in the rxc, we have a jokerlap because it IS almost impossible to overtake on this track when you are driving against equally skilled drivers, just because you can't do major mistakes and there isn't much room.

This is why I think RallyX suits the B and J server to a T as most of the Time B and J is for a quick fix short races of 5 laps or so and when the server is Populated it can provide the most fun online racing that can be found.

One of the main reasons this works is due to the short races as if you got wrecked you waited for the next restart No problem, but if the races are made longer people then leave or you get new drivers joining and see the race is on lap 10 in a 25 lap race and move on elsewhere.

If CTRA works on distance and it creates to much work to recode I can see the problem Becky, but is it possible you can set a MAX number of laps to say 16 laps which is what I believe you get on SS1 @ Aston Cadet in the Fox as the problem only seems to be with FE RallyX Green the other two rallyX tracks judging by distance would be around 6 Laps and I think we could live with that, PS this paragraph could be complete Bull$&it as I am presuming quite a lot here
Quote from Viper93 :
STCC did a 25 (ended up being over 30)minute race or so at one of the RallyX's for round 11(cannot remember off the top of my head) Sure it was only 18 laps, but the amount of time spent on the track is alot more than a little 15 minute race and almost everyone finished the race. The front runners finished the race with only their ride height being damaged. You can set a fast pace(in this case low 1:13's) and still come home clean if you learn where you can push it and where you have to be cautious. This is one of many skills a competent driver must have.

Competent! Where was I in that race?

[/slightly inside joke for STCC drivers ]

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG