The online racing simulator
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm not sure how paranoia is quantified as xenophobia. Anyway I believe there was a precent for it, but i'm not going to go researching that (waaaaaaaay too much effort). You might be right, but that's not the point I was trying to express anyay so i'm not going to get hung up on the details.

"Innocent" people are far easier to arrest than serial criminals, which is why a significant number of 'crimes' (I wont say most as I cant be bothered to look up statistics) are committed by people with no previous, yet the same drug dealer has been peddling class B's to children in the graveyard opposite my house for 2 years now, as well as vandalising the cars and homes of those of my neighbours who have reported him.

He vandalised my car once too and tried to steal the hanging basket from my porch. Personally I try to stay out of it, but my point is he knows the law and is 'wise' enough to not get caught even though we've got him on CCTV and had a valid footprint cast. He's too much effort & too much of a time investment to prosecute.

If I were to whack him over the head with something i'm absolutely confident I would serve time for it, even though he clearly deserves significantly worse.

Doesn't that just suck??? That's why I don't even bother calling the cops for anything anymore. They flat out tell you that there's nothing they can do - after they finally show up. LOL maybe they'll mail him an ASBO letter......ASBO letters. I'll never understand that.
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm not sure how paranoia is quantified as xenophobia. Anyway I believe there was a precent for it, but i'm not going to go researching that (waaaaaaaay too much effort). You might be right, but that's not the point I was trying to express anyay so i'm not going to get hung up on the details.

Fair enough. I thought we were getting into "american" (no offense, sensible americans!) territory where every man jack's got an assault rifle in case some masked unknown tries to steal his whatever.

I think it's reasonably described as xenophobia - it's an irrational fear of what's not understood, of outsiders.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Fair enough. I thought we were getting into "american" (no offense, sensible americans!) territory where every man jack's got an assault rifle in case some masked unknown tries to steal his whatever.

I think it's reasonably described as xenophobia - it's an irrational fear of what's not understood, of outsiders.

I've got what some might consider an "assault rifle" sitting in my room at the moment, cased and locked. Got a problem with that?

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/colt/coltCompHBAR.asp
You'll be well-prepared when the Redcoats come back then
Quote from mrodgers :Forbin, I have a serious problem with this.....
Why do you only have 1?

I've been to western Pennsylvania. And I've been to Newark.

I haven't been back, though.
Why do you only have 1?

Don't worry, I've got a couple pistols too. Granted, they're a .22 and a .45, and the .45's ammo is pretty low power (around 700-800 fps), but they'll still kill anything that moves pretty easily.

Also, I'd like to clarify I no longer live in Newark. I've since moved back home a little ways west of it. However, seeing as it's the most recognizable large city near me (with the exception of NYC), I left it as my location.
#33 - FL!P
Hmm, what would you do if you were attacked with a tank? Or while you're sleeping?

I think you should bury mines in your yard.
Hmm, good thinking. I'll get right on that.
Quote from Forbin :I've got what some might consider an "assault rifle" sitting in my room at the moment, cased and locked. Got a problem with that?

Only with the fanciness factor - the typical home entertainment rifles around here are Kalashnikovs, although in some villages in the mountains they have been known to mount .50 cal machineguns on roofs from time to time, guess no one told them ww2 was over.

As a guy I knew from one of those villages answered to this pal visiting from Athens when asked "don't you guys have any cops up there?" - "eh, we had one".
Quote :the typical home entertainment rifles

I take it Sony is not big in home entertainment in Greece then? And where did all this gun stroking come from? Whatever is wrong with a ruddy great lump of metal?
Quote from Becky Rose :And where did all this gun stroking come from?

I never quite put my finger on it, but it's rather extreme at times. I've been in homes that have enough non-hunting-related weaponry in them to arm a strike team. Or celebrations, like weddings, with more shooting going on than at military manoeuvres I've participated in.

My assumption is that it's just a left-over from late 19th century Ottoman occupation - what with revolts and such and since there was always the fear of having goats or sheep stolen and there being no law around to turn to. Now add to that the whole macho deal of "huh huh - I got a gun" and you get quite a sticky mix.

Quote from Becky Rose :Whatever is wrong with a ruddy great lump of metal?

Oh, and don't even get me started on the traditional Cretan fixation with blades...
Quote from xaotik :Oh, and don't even get me started on the traditional Cretan fixation with blades...

Now that's more like it! I have a lovely 3 inch fine edge that runs from ear to nose, with deep inset grip near the ear, and a fine point blade that runs straight and true right up to my nostril. OK i'm talking about a scar not a knife, but it's a scar from a knife and it has thankfully mostly healed. Some yob who was as high as a 747 and aggressive with it. If he'd had a gun you'd never have found me here and descovered such a beatuful and considerate person.[etals:]
Quote from Becky Rose :If he'd had a gun you'd never have found me here and descovered such a beatuful and considerate person.

Well, if it was the same sort of wound you'd be around only with an extra nostril and alot of problems when you sneezed or dove under water. I've met a guy who had a similar puncture caused by a speargun - self-induced. To this date no one has been able to figure out how he managed that with a 1.2m spear. He also survived a few hours in the sea with it sticking out of his head until taken to hospital. But then again, a fact I deduced after meeting him, he had the apparent advantage of there being no possibility of striking vital organs.
Normally I'd judge that kind of deliberate problem seeking pathetic, but after reading the transcripts I definitely think that the cops deserved it, and also the kid deserves his possible enormous paycheck from the court. Nice business idea!

I've been "in trouble" with police several times and I've NEVER seen a bad behaving cop, never! Even if I've been drunk and said something stupid, they have always been patient and done their job like it should be.

Land of the free, right?
America free? ROFL. Propaganda is a wonderful thing. Anyway i'm off to read the Patriot Act and see which paragraphs where directly lifted from Mein Kampf. Toodle-oo...
There's no doubt that the people in these videos are baiting these cops, but that doesn't give them an excuse to threaten them with violence or lock-up without any evidence of a crime.

I have to admit that if I was innocent and wasn't hiding anything, I'd probably behave exactly like these guys. I have a big mouth (like you're shocked). It's just safer if you have a camera.
Quote from FL!P :Hmm, what would you do if you were attacked with a tank? Or while you're sleeping?

I think you should bury mines in your yard.

Quote from wheel4hummer :http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/15/1522.asp

I cannot believe how much of a police state the US is. If you are stopped at a DUI checkpoint, you are guilty until a police officer thinks that you are innocent. The Constitution states otherwise, but a cop on a power-trip doesn't care. When I get my drivers license, you can be sure I am going to have a camera in my car. Only problem is where to store the video. You can't store it in the car, because it could be removed by a cop. Connecting the camera to a laptop with wireless internet to stream the data is the only way.

Here in holland the giulty and inocent part is the other way around
Why do you only have 1?

LOL
You know we got some land up in East Texas that has recently got feral hogs on it, rooting up everything....... click

I love pork chops
#46 - Gunn
If it were me being pulled over by that cop I would have been dragged away and locked up withing 30 seconds from the start of the conversation. Cops like that need repeated punches to the head before you can properly communicate with them. Sergeant Dickwad needs to be introduced to reality.
Quote from Gunn :If it were me being pulled over by that cop I would have been dragged away and locked up withing 30 seconds from the start of the conversation. Cops like that need repeated punches to the head before you can properly communicate with them. Sergeant Dickwad needs to be introduced to reality.

You do realize that would get you any where from 6 months to 2 years and that the other cops would make sure you properly "tripped and fell" don't you? yeah, **** cops suck, but what can you really do?
We have a nasty little police "controversy" over here now. Seems a couple a cops beat this guy to death in a parking lot about two hours after he was released from jail. they tried to cover it up with the typical tripped and fell/ inmate denied medical attention routine, but there was an eyewitness to the beating and a recorded 911 call to report it. The sad thing is. cause they're cops, they MIGHT get 18 months. And that'll be in a nice minimum security and they'll be segregated from the other inmates.
Quote from theirishnoob :

Is this all your posts are, A random useless smiley, or some shit posted by you that makes no sense, contradicts itself, and you'd haffto be a retard to think it's real?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG