The online racing simulator
#51 - Dru
i know that Jak

thats how i'm asking where this magic 'under 1% yellow flag number' came from for comprision.. hence the post...
In a field of 25 or so cars in a 10 lap / 15 minute race you can expect a dirty [real] race to have 2 or 3 yellow flags. That's 250 laps and 2 to 3 yellow flags: 1%.

The racing I saw this weekend, some of it was apalling as some drivers couldnt stay on the track on the warmup lap, and yet they still managed to keep it under 1%.

Because our average is 28% even the good guys get caught up in things a little too often [in avoidance] so our best racers still have around 4-8% or so, as they're avoiding the drivers causing so many yellow flags. Our system is also way more sensitive, but I think 10% is a reasonable target to aim for.

One of the problems with sim racing is that it really is no big issue to have a spin or two, the next race is only 10 minutes away. We drive closer to the limit, and we have a wider variation of driver skill on track, so we get more incidents and hense more yellow flags.

If I could find a way to change this then I will, hense you can score a bonus for getting a good yellow flag ratio in a given race with 100% being well rewarded.

I've set the bar high because I want the system to encourage an overall standard of improvement. Sim racing still has a way to go.
With regard to yellow flags it would be handy if CTRA could work out the percentage of yellow flags over past 20 races or so - almost like a yellow card form table.
Quote from Jakg :There's been numerous threads on this - why is it fair that people like Moose are banned from driving slower cars simply so you can get a lap record? Makes the whole point of a record pretty stupid!

Platinum and Titanium drivers already get bugger all points as it is on the lower servers

They dont need to be banned from lower servers. I only said it would be better if they dont get any points there. That way you wont eat up point from lower drivers. But the high leved racers shouldnt be banned from a server. They teach the others how too drive.
#55 - Nobo
Quote from Dru :Becky are you for real?

for your real racing to be correct a 1% average would mean 1 person driving for 100 laps with only one yellow flag caused?

you sure you have this right?

That was a question came to my mind, how exactly is the yellow flag ratio meant to be?
When i get in every race a yellow flag my ratio is 10 % whereas it should be 100%, because i get a yellow flag in every race.
So having 1% in ctra means you can score 1 yellow flag in 10 races. (correct me if i am wrong) If its lap based i should hava a ratio of 8% because i would have like 7,706%.
Why does it work on this way on ctra? to have a lower ratio of yellow flags? I am happy it shows 7% for me and not 72% though
Of course the ratio in CTRA is lap based. I thought that was obvious. Yesterday I was doing a 5 lap race on BL and my yellow flag ratio went up to 21% when I threw a yellow flag, and it went down to 20% again 2 laps later. The next race it went up to 21% again when someone spinned me out and it went to 20% again at the end of the race Seems like I'm just at the border between 20% and 21%
#57 - Nobo
I have been able to calculate my jump from 8% to 7% with race based calculation it went under 7,5% then it showed 7%

If its lap based it should show 8% for me though . Its common sence in statistics if something is above 7,5% its supposed to display 8%.
Just a question i had.

And i know its obvius that its lap based in statistic page, but yeah just look at my observations.
#58 - Jakg
Quote from niels1 :They dont need to be banned from lower servers. I only said it would be better if they dont get any points there. That way you wont eat up point from lower drivers. But the high leved racers shouldnt be banned from a server. They teach the others how too drive.

We already get very little points (look at Moose - he's got 50,000 points - what do 2 or 3 matter?!)

If i get 0 points, the guy behind me still losses a few points for not getting the position i've taken.
I think he's winding you up Jakg so you can add to your post count (not that 2 or 3 Matter?!)

Are you gay with Moose, Jak?

TBH, i think the yellow flags ratio calculator dealy is grand, if you race clean and well, you get more points and also your percentage goes down. Since the X-System came out, my yelloe flags percentage has dropped from 48% to 35%.

Im probably talking bs though
Quote from Jakg :We already get very little points (look at Moose - he's got 50,000 points - what do 2 or 3 matter?!)

If i get 0 points, the guy behind me still losses a few points for not getting the position i've taken.

Well on 50000 points 2 or 3 dont matter. But what if youre a bronze licensed racer with 267 points. All of a sudden those points will be needed. Dont get me wrong Jake I do like to race to the gods (platinum/titanium) but i also can imagine that it must be frustated for the not gods.

I still believe if you dont get any points during racing your not fast enough. But if the pace is set by the gods there will be no points left for the not gods. Look at the track records, these are for 80% set by the gods. And to get within the 108% you have to be bloody fast sometimes. On top off that you have a few gods in front off you taking on top 3 then you will loose a lot off points.
If a large spike came out of the screen when a driver had a serious crash in this game, and kills him as surely as they would be if they'd been in the car, you would have a 1% yellow flag ratio.

It's a pity the game doesn't make the 'G' forces experienced in a crash available. If a driver experienced say, 14 G's or more during an accident, you could call him dead and reset all his points to zero. And if you cause the virtual death of another driver, you risk being suspended or banned etc.

Then your yellow flag ration would drop, as would the race times and lap records. But you would have clean racing, the likes of which have never been seen before in this game.
Quote from RatzMilk :It's a pity the game doesn't make the 'G' forces experienced in a crash available. If a driver experienced say, 14 G's or more during an accident, you could call him dead and reset all his points to zero. And if you cause the virtual death of another driver, you risk being suspended or banned etc.

I would love too see that but only in the future when LFS collision detection and damage have been much improved and in conjunction with a stricter licensing/training program.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG