The online racing simulator
Quote from Becky Rose :I did, but as of round 9 I couldnt be bothered with all that and made a program to do it for me...

I wish I could make one of those for driving. Much easier!
Quote from Becky Rose :I did, but as of round 9 I couldnt be bothered with all that and made a program to do it for me...

And as you are looking at several broadcasters to bring STCC races to television it would be daft to let your software (XCam) into the public domain.. Am I right?
Quote from Origamiboy :And as you are looking at several broadcasters to bring STCC races to television it would be daft to let your software (XCam) into the public domain.. Am I right?

Well yeah, unless people are willing to pay for it, then I think Becky MIGHT be willing to release, with conditions, but she would know better than me
Quote from Origamiboy :And as you are looking at several broadcasters to bring STCC races to television it would be daft to let your software (XCam) into the public domain.. Am I right?

I'd rather avoid a public Q&A over my decision to keep X-Cam internal at this stage, but imagine a pizza with each slice being a reason not to release the software yet, and that would be one of them, possibly the one with anchovies on it.
Lol @ Thisnameistaken

Were all out of control
Quote from Becky Rose :I'd rather avoid a public Q&A over my decision to keep X-Cam internal at this stage, but imagine a pizza with each slice being a reason not to release the software yet, and that would be one of them, possibly the one with anchovies on it.

what she really means is:

Imagine Becky made the original Bakewell Tart then people asked for the recipe tsssssk!
I release most of my stuff Andy, for no other reason than to let other people have it. I'm keeping this one back for the time being for quite a lot of reasons, yes one reason is that it could cost CTRA an aweful lot of money in a lost opportunity, but that is not the only reason.

There has been software of a similar nature before and there will be software of this type again, X-Cam obviously delivers a certain style of coverage that I feel is the best (else I would have done it differently) so sure, it's the best at delivering coverage in that style - but I would be foolish think it will stand alone in this department for long and it's not the be all and end all around which the STCC pitch for next season hangs on.
wasn't a dig Becky... Totally see your point and I do know where you are coming from looking to the future!!!!
Romeo Oscar Foxtrot Lima at this thread
Oh dear .. what have I started?

Quote from burnsy1882 :geezer45: not to go off of off-topic to go on-topic, but FireFox released his own version of a race watcher. Race Viewer. you can probably try that, though it's still in an alpha stage.

Thanks Burnsy! I did give this app a go and it certainly seems to have potential. The way it focuses on battles needs to be much smarter imo for it to work with my endeavours. Also only one car is ever followed, so I think this app could be well integrated with something like noobtv, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be working at the moment!

I'm thinking of working with FireFox to help develop the program, even though I know nothing about programming! I think my (and my team's) role could take on more of a beta testing/ideas suggestion function.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG