The online racing simulator
The Cost of a Private Team?
(6 posts, started )
I have a question. Can someone please clarify for me how much it costs to support a private team in Formula 1, INDY, GT, and Rally

I already know supporting NASCAR cost about a million a month. (Based on interview with Robbie Gordon)

Please include minimum cost and reasonable cost (how much it cost to have a competitive team) if possible.
I know for the Speed touring cars the SRT-4's were running 250,000USD a car which they had a Hotels were costing them a good 30,000 a race. I don't know other costs, but annual costs are well into the millions, and they were not one of the top teams.
IIRC the Minardi F1 outfit used to operate on a budget of around £50M a season and very rarely qualified off the back row of the grid, whereas Ferrari, McLaren and Toyota all manage to burn through somewhere in the region of £500-600M each a season.

Apparently Renault spent around £250M to win each of their recent championships, so clearly budget isn't everything.
Quote from Viper93 :I know for the Speed touring cars the SRT-4's were running 250,000USD a car which they had a Hotels were costing them a good 30,000 a race. I don't know other costs, but annual costs are well into the millions, and they were not one of the top teams.

Any idea about the American Le Mans cars? (Prototype and GTs)
F1 teams spend up to 200 million quid a year, a small budget would be in the region of 40 million or so. Engines cost about quarter million, as does building a car. If you are going in as a customer of an existing car manufacturer you'd have to pay more than that, although Colin Chapman isnt about these days so finding a team whod sell you one is tough.

The easiest way is to by the book on how to build one from Ferrari, although McLaren have got in trouble for doing that as its supposed to be for beginners only.

Interestingly, tyres are free to the front runners, but cost money to the teams at the back...
-
(lizardfolk) DELETED by lizardfolk

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG