The online racing simulator
Cheapest 'quality' wheel?
(13 posts, started )
Hey everyone,

Since about a week ago I moved to Finland for my studies, and of course I didn't have room in my luggage to pack my trusty DFP or DF. Originally, I didn't think I'd need a wheel since I was a bit out of LFS at the time of departure, but since my arrival I've been itching for some online LFS action!

The problem is that I although I have the money to either send a wheel over, or buy a good one here, I am only here until mid-December and it is not worth it for me to spend €30-40 to mail my wheel in from home (and back again in December) So... I am looking for a sub-€35 wheel preferably with FFB, which is good enough to race casually with, but shitty enough to (more or less) throw away after 3 months of use.

Are there any such wheels any of you would know about?

PS. Playing with a mouse/keyboard/joypad is not an option - I'd rather not play at all.

PPS. Paying more than €40,- is also not an option, it's very temporary.
#2 - Jakg
Microsoft Sidewinder FFB
Jakg, you're faster than a speeding bullet!
Yeah, i think he's got the whole Matrix thing going on over there

I'd agree with his suggestion btw, MS FF is a great cheap wheel.
Hmmm, I can't seem to find one anywhere near the €35 mark though, maybe I'm looking at the wrong wheels...
well whats the cheapest you found so far ?? i found a nice Pre g25 with no shifter ( with H shift is an extra 80 ) for 50 or a cheapo ps2 one for 20 euro...

but i think the xbox 360 one looks nice...

also if you find a decent cheap wheels , dont throw it away... ill buy it dirt cheap
Quote from Jertje :Jakg, you're faster than a speeding bullet!

no hes just a forum whore
Jertie, depending on how long you can wait, if you are prepared to pay the shipping, you could have my old MS FF free of charge.
I also have a DFP that i'm selling for £30.
#9 - Jakg
Quote from theirishnoob :well whats the cheapest you found so far ?? i found a nice Pre g25 with no shifter ( with H shift is an extra 80 ) for 50 or a cheapo ps2 one for 20 euro...

but i think the xbox 360 one looks nice...

PS2 one = Shite with no FFB

Pre G25?!

The Xbox wheel is nice, but it's not nicer than a DFP, and at £70 it's bloody expensive
Quote from Jertje :Hmmm, I can't seem to find one anywhere near the £24 (€35) mark though, maybe I'm looking at the wrong wheels...

I sold mine for £20, and half of that was postage.

I don't speak Finnish so i can't help, but the best bet is eBay - they are all in good condition, just "old hat"

EDIT - And i'm a forum whore ftr

GFresh - Shipping is a BIG killer on wheels, paying postage on his DFP from Holland is the reason why he needs a new one

My team-mate (Johnuk89) might want a word about the DFP, though...
Yeah, just thought if he was willing to spend 30 euro's, then he might consider it. Anyway, the offers there.
Re that DFP: How much would shipping be on top of the £30?
Quote from JohnUK89 :Re that DFP: How much would shipping be on top of the £30?

Not 100% sure, but i would imagine that it would be just under a tenner. I can get a quote together if you are interested (Take this to PM if you are). It's just under a year old btw.
EDIT: Post removed and taken to PM

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG