The online racing simulator
More Tracks?
(40 posts, started )
SO long is very technical. Especialy with the different surface types. Doing it backwards is twice as hard. I think the hardest set of turns in LFS is SO long counter clockwise after the back straight. Where you go downhill, the slight right hand turn back up the hill, the unbalanced right hander while the rear end is light just as you reach the top of the hill, then very quickly finding enough traction to track back to the right to set yourself up for the slower left hander over the bumpy pavement. Damn! That's hard.
Quote from Doorman :So we won't be seeing you on a server any time soon then? Shame.

you probably wouldnt see him anyway. unless he was lapping ya
Quote from operator0 :SO long is very technical.

i agree. he also said exactly that. indeed techical is hard to descrive. i tend to relate it to no breathing tracks in which a small error can mean big consequences. i also relate them to lower mid speeds but especially with great change of pace during a lap , from the very slow to the very fast. fast nonlinear rhythm. like jazz trip. unlike popsong.
Quote from farcar :Some would even say oval racing is highly technical. Not meaning the actual track, but racing strategies.

hehe funny u mention that, cause something tells me he knows more about that than the rest of the forum, me included

Quote from farcar :
If track creation tools are ever made, I'm sure we'd see the excellent Phillip Island track in Victora, Australia. It has strings of high speed sweeping corners where, if you stuff up the first bend, you're not gonna recover until about 3 corners later! I'd guess this style of track comes under the RichardTowler view of 'technical'??

yes thats surely a technical track like suzuka is. for me, i like oldspa(67), osterreichring, Oulton Park, knockhill, some kyalami, some zandy, etc and fantasy hmm road two for n2003 by the great alexulleri and maybe lakeside for the fun pace.
a loudon type of oval and a talladega one would complete further the type of ovals we have (maybe it can be inserted in next racing enviroments like kyoto).

there are pointless corners in a few tracks indeed, but much worse were they before. i dont like aston much (never did) but imho kyoto long and national are nice, and so is westhill. so long is great. i guess i just dont like aston. but for me , lfs on some tracks i dont like is still better than anything out there.

ps: oh i forgot to mention rouen. how could i? that track can make me fly. in all possible interpretations. nurby would also be welcomed
LOL KiD, here I was thinking this thread was you talking to yourself with the last three posts being all you
Hi. I would like to see the ability to mod tracks after the release of S-3 also.

Only, I could care less for real track mods... I want to see corkscrews and loops and 90° banked curves.......... Over the top? yeah ...
Arcadey? no. No not with the physics involved. I just keep hearing how the down forces or whatever generated by the spoilers and such on real race cars
would allow them to race upside down and since LFS physics are at the
very least, close to the real thing, then why not have something like that?

I scaled a loop for LFS cars to have a decent radius.... Uh just how
"high" is the ceiling of these tracks? I think the tightest you could get a loop raduis is around 48ft (15 1/2 meters?)

What I have in my head for a track isn't arcadey, it's technical...very technical. It just looks cool
Sounds like fun, would be good to drive upside down lol.
Quote from Racer Y :Hi. I would like to see the ability to mod tracks after the release of S-3 also.

Only, I could care less for real track mods... I want to see corkscrews and loops and 90° banked curves.......... Over the top? yeah ...
Arcadey? no. No not with the physics involved. I just keep hearing how the down forces or whatever generated by the spoilers and such on real race cars would allow them to race upside down and since LFS physics are at the
very least, close to the real thing, then why not have something like that?

It would be an interesting experiment to test out the physics engine. I'm just waiting for the racing purists to come and cut the idea to shreads

For a full on over the top,arcadey looping experience I recommend Trackmania Sunrise. It's awsome for that. Great online too.
Quote from Rotary :LOL KiD, here I was thinking this thread was you talking to yourself with the last three posts being all you

easy multiple quote should come in vb3.5 dont worry.
Quote from Racer Y :Hi. I would like to see the ability to mod tracks after the release of S-3 also

S3 already? Please enjoy what we have.
Quote from Chris_Kerry :S3 already? Please enjoy what we have.

Just what is that supposed to mean? I can't talk about things I'd like to see implemented in the future? Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to mod a "rollercoaster" for LFS and keep it with the same standards as the tracks made already?

Enjoy what I have.... please dude, I been playing for over two years now,
Aside from the first turners, I do enjoy what I have. But I'd like to have the ability to enjoy something like that too.
Besides when I did a rough layout for the loop...only calculations and a simple circle, it took a couple of hours to get the transition smooth and small enough. I can just barely imagine the time it would take to code that and the rest of the track, and to render it as well as the tracks that are available now. Something like that HAS to be thought out beforehand....way way beforehand or else you'll wind up with a NFSU type thingee that's an insult to what I'm proposing.
So while I continue to struggle with making better time on Westhill, I'd
kinda like to plan ahead as well espescially since I don't have a clue yet as to how to make one
Okay mate not meant as an insult.

The comment was based around allowing ourselves to get used to S2 full stop.

I'm not against change but sometimes I think people are too quick to jump in and change things rather than wait and get used to things.

Hope I didn't offend you with my previous comment.
Actually yeah, the LFS tracks tend to have the same kinda pace and flow, the S1 tracks, ppl were whining over that, then There came S2 tracks, which have pretty much the same easy flow.
Think there could be some great low speed chicanes or some great backtunr sections or stuff like that. What I'd actually like is some nice walls close to some corners , not like So but oh well, guess We'll get lotsa fun things in the future
Lol.....not technical tracks in LFS?? Have you drive in the tracks???

Aston historic is BETTER that Spa
Quote from Racer Y :Hi. I would like to see the ability to mod tracks after the release of S-3 also.

Arcadey? no.

This puts in mind of an older computer game: POD.
I used to play this all the time with a friend. The tracks and cars that users had designed were insanely fun. Loops, jumps, driving through sewer pipes and being able to do complete 360's around them.

The tracks were always of an 'alien' nature, and there was a good sense of speed to the game.

Man that was fun. I only wish I could play it on my new computer ( I've tried ).

The physics were decent - it was somewhere between arcade and and sim, but as I might have mentioned already, it was FUN.

This has nothing to do with LFS, or what it isn't or should be. The idea of loops just reminded me of how much fun this game was.

More Tracks?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG