\lspped the Laptop in disaster
(331 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Shotglass :id claim that as is way too sticky to do it this way

Worked for me
Attached images
10019214vn.jpg
10019229ta.jpg
10019349cx.jpg
well it doesnt seem to have exactly covered the entire surface of the heat spreader
Doesn't need to - the IHS covers a relatively small die in the centre, you don't actually need to cover the whole IHS...
the entire point of a heat spreader is to spread the heat more or less evenly across its entire surface (and to keep people like harjun from killing their cpu while mounting a cooler) so while its not necessary to cover the entire contact patch it still makes sense in terms of cooling performance
is this stuff sticky?
will hopefully get pics tomorrow!
aww....Jakg failed?, dam
Quote from Bob Smith :You fail.

(I agree with Shotglass)

From all the tests i've seen, theres no point in going to the edges...
yes....when i put that crappy blue heatsink on the pentium pro...the pentium pro is about the size of like...one of those tin mathematical set pencil case thing....and i put it in the middle...and somehow it just cooled the whole big chunk of 100Mhz metal down

jakg is right!
Harjun, i was talking about what's optimum - you could use more, and less thermal paste than i did and it still work, but that particular way got me the best temps

On the Quad i have to draw a line of AS5 down the middle :X
coool....i love you
Mr. Harjun! Please check your private messages
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Mr. Harjun! Please check your private messages

yep i have, run it as adminastrator...and here are my settings, sorry i couldnt do attatchment in PM
Attached images
graphics.bmp
another

Attached images
misc.bmp
Amazes me how stupid someone can be don't try and fix it if there is nothing to fix ...
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Amazes me how stupid someone can be don't try and fix it if there is nothing to fix ...

im glad you are amazed....
Thank you very much! What resolution do you use?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Thank you very much! What resolution do you use?

i dont understand what you mean...i have 32 bit?
1280x800? 1024x768?...
BTW I managed to open WINCLK, I only need the data and I leave you live Sorry for disturbing
Attached images
winclkset.jpg
i got Widescreen 15.4 Inch...oh yeh, put your core clock RIGHT up to 500, it should be fine then, well, mine is usually 600-650...but when i get to 660.....the screen has little green random pixels everywhere, so i stay at 620, better for cooling and etc.

Quote from harjun :ive already got the case for my pc, and my power adaptor and stuff just looking for some more stuff for it, i dunno why im getting it...but i guess i will just use my laptop for some...experiments

have you got it or not? Because you have said you have. If so, i wanna see some pics
Quote from harjun :i got Widescreen 15.4 Inch...oh yeh, put your core clock RIGHT up to 500, it should be fine then, well, mine is usually 600-650...but when i get to 660.....the screen has little green random pixels everywhere, so i stay at 620, better for cooling and etc.

Alright, and how can I save this setting..I type in 500, and then press Enter..then it shows 0.00 again
Attached images
howtosave.jpg
Click "Get Clock Info" first.

FTR i REALLY wouldn't take advice on overclocking stuff from Harjun - EVERY component overclocks differently...
when I click "Get Clock Info" it sais both the Engine and Memory are set to 0.00. After this I type 500, and click almost everywhere, but it still shows 0.00

BTW I just wanna gain more FPS in LFS then 40-50
Whats wrong with 40-50 fps in LFS? Thats more then play-able...
~Bryan~
This thread is closed

\lspped the Laptop in disaster
(331 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG