The online racing simulator
Horn
(40 posts, started )

Poll : Do you think the horn should be removed from LFS.

No
Yes
#1 - sam93
Horn
Do you think that they should remove the horn from lfs because i find it gets annoying when racing and someone tries to overtake you and they are beeping away and if you try and defend your position they will start beeping in real life motorsports you dont find them beeping their horns when overtaking .

So do you think they should remove the horn?

Sam.
Na fine as it is tbh
#3 - Woz
Quote from sam93 :Do you think that they should remove the horn from lfs because i find it gets annoying when racing and someone tries to overtake you and they are beeping away and if you try and defend your position they will start beeping in real life motorsports you dont find them beeping their horns when overtaking .

So do you think they should remove the horn?

Sam.

Depends what you mean by defend your position as it if its valid to beep or not
I'd prefer an option to not have the sound of others play, I find it greatly annoying too. However, sometimes it's useful.
#5 - sam93
I mean when defending your position when you make sure they stay behind you with not hitting them but being very close to each others bumpers there is nothing wrong with defending your position as long as you dont hit them and cause them to crash i think without its alot more releastic because if i did motorsport in cars i wouldn't want people destracting me by beeping their horns all the time we have the mirrors on the car so we can see where the other car is we don't need horns really its a racing simulator i would like to tell me what motorsport use horns? could you imagine F1 cars with horns going 200mph down a straight going into a very tight hard corner and someone beeps their horn destracts you and you crash?

Sam.

Edit: Or maybe have the horn optional on the host so the host can choice whether to use a horn on the server or not if this would be possible.
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
Quote from PioneerLv :LFS without HORN:
No TC (Traffic Cops: Cops&Robber)
No: ''Hey man move!''
No: ''Hey, please give me a way!''

Eh...I dont think LFS needs any of these 3 things.
Especially not the 2 last ones.
and if someone dont see you are passing him, and he blocks abruptly? u need to beep so he can know you are there....
#8 - sam93
Well live for speed is a street racing game now and if you know about show cars not silly boy racers cars they show cars alot of the time can have nos so i think thats fine in NFS but no one wants cops and robbers in a race sim well i dont anyway and i also hate cruise servers i went on them once for about 1-2weeks when i was waiting for ctra to re launch and now i dont just the servers i think they are pointless.

Sam.
#9 - sam93
Quote from chanoman315 :and if someone dont see you are passing him, and he blocks abruptly? u need to beep so he can know you are there....

Well you dont have to beep so they can see you there you just back off abit not to much so you are behind him but not to much and when the moment comes you go for the move when its safe thats why in real life they dont go for the overtake if they no someone is going to move through they back off and go for it when they no its safe enough and they know they will overtake them, one work RACECRAFT
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
Quote from sam93 :So do you think they should remove the horn?

Sam.

If you really don`t like it, just replace the default horn wav`s with blank ones. That way you`ll never hear the horn, and if you need to use it for some reason, other people will still hear yours.
Quote from chanoman315 :and if someone dont see you are passing him, and he blocks abruptly? u need to beep so he can know you are there....

Thats the reason why I voted for "No".
How do i do that block them because i have never made sounds for horns dump valves and other stuff but i still think it would be more releastic with no horns in a racing simulator but thats my own opinion
The horn should not be removed, it is a reat way to show people that you want to get by.
Quote from sam93 :Well live for speed is a street racing game now and if you know about show cars not silly boy racers cars they show cars alot of the time can have nos so i think thats fine in NFS but no one wants cops and robbers in a race sim well i dont anyway and i also hate cruise servers i went on them once for about 1-2weeks when i was waiting for ctra to re launch and now i dont just the servers i think they are pointless.

Sam.

You say, with a silly ricer-look skin in your avatar.

If you don't want it, then do what i've got for you below. I think that if you want something removed in the future, you should always check if there's actually a way to do it yourself. Rather than possibly making a lot of other people angry about something they want to keep in.

If you want to delete the horn, Just use this file i've attached and put it into your "data/sound" folder. Then copy & paste it 5 times and rename it to "HORN1", "HORN2"..etc.

Easy Peasy, No more horn for you!
Attached files
Horn.mp3 - 6.8 KB - 272 views
The pic in my avatar is from when i used to be in a drifting team have never changed it ill change it now to my half sisters dads Seirra Cosworth engine and yes it is a real cossie before you ask
Quote from sam93 :I mean when defending your position when you make sure they stay behind you with not hitting them but being very close to each others bumpers there is nothing wrong with defending your position as long as you dont hit them and cause them to crash i think without its alot more releastic because if i did motorsport in cars i wouldn't want people destracting me by beeping their horns all the time we have the mirrors on the car so we can see where the other car is we don't need horns really its a racing simulator i would like to tell me what motorsport use horns?

Start with chapter one.
Yea mate im still in school im 15 on the february 1st and english isn't my strongest point so my punctuation will not be the best and i bet either is yours there is always someone better then you.
#18 - DeKo
horn can be a good idea, just a quick beep to let the guy know your there if he looks like he's about to move over. And, imo, if you get distracted by a horn and crash, the problem goes far deeper than the horn itself.
#19 - Gunn
There is no need for the horn. I can't think of a single LFS situation where I needed to use one or where I appreciated someone else using one.
#20 - FL!P
I use it from time to time to signal my presence when a guy I'm overtaking didn't see me and starts closing on me. And in this case I only blow it one or two brief times. So I find it useful and I vote no.

But I've seen people overusing it and I agree that it's annoying. So how about a new penalty for overusing it? Something like a drive through if you used it up to a total of 5 seconds in a race, a stop and go if you used it up to a total of 10 seconds, and so on.
Nix the horn. Keep it in the street-legal cars perhaps, but remove it altogether from the GTRs (along with the clock, speedo and license plate). I know perfectly well what to do when someone's about to lap me and I don't appreciate hearing "beep beep beeeeeep" from the GTR behind me when I'm halfway through a corner. I have mirrors and two handy buttons that let me look left and right - I don't need someone honking at me like it's sodding rush hour.

Quote from sam93 :Well live for speed is a street racing game now...

Surely you mean Need For Speed...
#22 - Woz
Quote from sam93 :I mean when defending your position when you make sure they stay behind you with not hitting them but being very close to each others bumpers there is nothing wrong with defending your position as long as you dont hit them and cause them to crash i think without its alot more releastic because if i did motorsport in cars i wouldn't want people destracting me by beeping their horns all the time we have the mirrors on the car so we can see where the other car is we don't need horns really its a racing simulator i would like to tell me what motorsport use horns? could you imagine F1 cars with horns going 200mph down a straight going into a very tight hard corner and someone beeps their horn destracts you and you crash?

Sam.

Edit: Or maybe have the horn optional on the host so the host can choice whether to use a horn on the server or not if this would be possible.

You are a person I would beep a lot then. When defending you position you are allowed to change your line ONCE and ONCE ONLY while on the straight. In the braking zone if you have the line but the person is level with your A pillar you also do not have the right to hold your line.

You are NOT allowed to constantly swerve from side to side. That sort of behaviour will get you loads of beeps and on some server I play will get you kicked off.

There are RULES about blocking in a race, you should learn them and then you might not get beeped as much. Cant remember the last time I was beeped as you describe.
Heh, if you've got that much of a problem with people using the horn, then your simply racing with the wrong group of people. If anything LFS Needs window wipers! >.> Or blinkers, eithers fine xD Perhaps highbeams.

and btw, Woz, the 127.0.0.1 is your Router's IP, nobody's gonna be able to connect to that. Check out your broadcast IP at www.whatsmyip.net
I feel someone's completely missed the point of your sig Woz, but I'll let you explain it ...
Especially because 127.0.0.1 isn't a router IP, the whole 127.X.X.X range SHOULD be a loop back to the same machine -- atleast in *nix, the entire 127.X.X.X is, in Windows, 127.0.0.1 I think is the main recommended one.

Horn
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG