The online racing simulator
Horn
(40 posts, started )

Poll : Do you think the horn should be removed from LFS.

No
Yes
#26 - Woz
Yep, its the ip most used to loopback so the tag is a play on that. As in show me the way to go home.

I have toyed with the idea of changing it to

? = 8∑∏

I will let you figure it out
I like the horn, it`s ok.
Tho it isn`t usefull it`s good to...well to just have a horn
The horn should be removed from the GTRs like it was from the formulas.
I don't use it myself, so I don't really care either way. If I need to pass someone, I do. I trust (probably foolishly) that they use their look left and right functions and should be aware I'm there.

I also ignore people who use the horn. If they were fast enough, they could pass me anyway. If they're lapping me, I already have a blue flag message so I'm watching for them.
I do not swerve from side to side i do change my line only once but when beeping the looking in your mirrors when going to a big breaking point to get around a sharp bend it can be distracting i cant understand why this thread has gotten so out of hand it's my opinion i know how to race i have raced a few times i have done motocross before i know its nothing like cars and i have also karted once or twice not proper races and i also no a racing driver who has gave me a few tips but its my opinion about the horn i can always see people 9 times out of 10 through my mirrors so i know where they are and for you guys who have said read rules on racing i have done alot and i am a big fan of f1 so i know how those guys have to do when on the track so i cant see why this is one big thread having a go at me when i have just posted a poll this is expose to be a friendly community i know you guys are expressing your thoughts but there is no need to have a go at me i just personally think there is no need for horns.

I think this will be the last post i send on this matter because it just seems like a one way argument, having a go at me well and another reason why i am not bothering with this thread no more is that i have alot of ICT GCSE homework to do and i get be bothered with people making me that little bit to angry lol so debate amongst yourselves because some people think no and some people think yes as that always happens, i only posted this thread/poll to hear your thoughts on what you guys think but i think it has gone a little bit to far now.

And plus we do have the look left and right function plus are horns and we also have look backwards as well.

Sam.
Woz, I got it, it was the guy who said that 127.0.0.1 was a router, when it's not.
Quote from sam93 :I do not swerve from side to side i do change my line only once but when beeping the looking in your mirrors when going to a big breaking point to get around a sharp bend it can be distracting i cant understand why this thread has gotten so out of hand it's my opinion i know how to race i have raced a few times i have done motocross before i know its nothing like cars and i have also karted once or twice not proper races and i also no a racing driver who has gave me a few tips but its my opinion about the horn i can always see people 9 times out of 10 through my mirrors so i know where they are and for you guys who have said read rules on racing i have done alot and i am a big fan of f1 so i know how those guys have to do when on the track so i cant see why this is one big thread having a go at me when i have just posted a poll this is expose to be a friendly community i know you guys are expressing your thoughts but there is no need to have a go at me i just personally think there is no need for horns.

I think this will be the last post i send on this matter because it just seems like a one way argument, having a go at me well and another reason why i am not bothering with this thread no more is that i have alot of ICT GCSE homework to do and i get be bothered with people making me that little bit to angry lol so debate amongst yourselves because some people think no and some people think yes as that always happens, i only posted this thread/poll to hear your thoughts on what you guys think but i think it has gone a little bit to far now.

And plus we do have the look left and right function plus are horns and we also have look backwards as well.

Sam.

Did you not see my post? I've posted an addon so you don't need to hear the horn. Problem solved! Unless you want to spoil it for the people who do want the horn.
The Horn doesn't distract anyone who has a brain. Thats a stupid thing to say.
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Na fine as it is tbh

well obviously its fine on a cruise server....

i think it's alright as....you know someone is there if they give a quick...beep
The horn is used to warn people who may not be aware of your position and could help avoid a crash. At least thats what I use it for because I'm not an as*hole. When people come up behind me honking like crazy when they're not going any faster or just before a turn, I will do everything in my power to block them for as long as I can cuz it only serves to piss me off
maybe I am an as*hole
No, the horn is a nice feature, as is flashing your lights. Now if only the headlamps projected light that would be cool.
Quote from Dajmin :
I also ignore people who use the horn. If they were fast enough, they could pass me anyway. If they're lapping me, I already have a blue flag message so I'm watching for them.

but then again you shouldn't really IGNORE the beeping. most of the time it's a pre-warning that - if you don't instantly pull over into the lawn not to waste the tiniest bit of the lapper's time - you will be bumped or rammed, you slow unworthy sunday-driver!

sadly the truth.

(bumped and rammed... makes me think of... nah, forget it :razz
I have my replays on auto-save, so if they do that they also have the bonus of a nice admin report

The game gives everyone all the information they need - yellow/blue flag messages, other car engines, sideways glaces. It's up to the user to actually use them. Granted, not everyone does. But if/when they do, there hopefully won't be as many people with pointless binds (and I include the horn in that category).

What I do if I'm not sure someone knows I'm there is bump my revs. I have a clutch bind even though I use auto-clutch 99% of the time, but if someone is driving like I'm invisible I'll engage it and hit the gas a couple of times. Don't know if it makes any difference, but it's something and it's less annoying than the horn
I toot at someone if they wreck me (and I'm raging a bit) or if they make a really dangerous block at the last minute/mid turn.
Quote from sam93 :I do not swerve from side to side i do change my line only once but when beeping the looking in your mirrors when going to a big breaking point to get around a sharp bend it can be distracting i cant understand why this thread has gotten so out of hand it's my opinion i know how to race i have raced a few times i have done motocross before i know its nothing like cars and i have also karted once or twice not proper races and i also no a racing driver who has gave me a few tips but its my opinion about the horn i can always see people 9 times out of 10 through my mirrors so i know where they are and for you guys who have said read rules on racing i have done alot and i am a big fan of f1 so i know how those guys have to do when on the track so i cant see why this is one big thread having a go at me when i have just posted a poll this is expose to be a friendly community i know you guys are expressing your thoughts but there is no need to have a go at me i just personally think there is no need for horns.

Arrrrgh! My brain can't handle sentences over 100 words long... Being 14 doesn't mean you wouldn't have to TRY.
I usually toot my horn after I've lapped someone, mostly as a thank you, especially in STCC races, where chat is a no-no, the horn is our only real communication device.

Horn
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG