The online racing simulator
No points?
(29 posts, closed, started )
No points?
So, I tried the CTRA server again. But I think something's not right. Today I won 6 races after eachother at the SS1 server, on South City Town. Most of them I had the fastest lap, and I even drove a pb. But...

When I checked my license, it stayed the same. It said I received points at the result list, but the green bar didn't grow.

How is this possible? And how can I solve it and receive the points?
#2 - SamH
I just checked your licence. I'm really not impressed. I don't put my time into the CTRA for you to abuse it like this. You've got until midnight, MY time, to sort it out. After that, if you haven't sorted yourself out then I'm removing your access to our system. I'm disgusted.
Attached images
darkone55.jpg
/me shakes head in disbelief

If CTRA is 'no good for proper racers' then why on earth is he racing there right now?
I've removed the image and his ability to upload new images Sam.
Quote from SamH :I just checked your licence. I'm really not impressed. I don't put my time into the CTRA for you to abuse it like this. You've got until midnight, MY time, to sort it out. After that, if you haven't sorted yourself out then I'm removing your access to our system. I'm disgusted.

Oh, well, I'm sorry for that. Must have done that when I wasn't really happy about the system.

But appearantly you can't have any critisism. It's just a statement. And I would have removed it if I got the chance..

But that wasn't really my question.
Quote from Darkone55 :But appearantly you can't have any critisism.

I would suggest you can have criticism when it's backed up with a reasonable argument.

That was just trolling.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from Darkone55 :But appearantly you can't have any critisism.

I don't see how that's criticism - that's just abusing a system to waste someone elses time
#8 - do0f
Quote from Darkone55 :But appearantly you can't have any critisism. It's just a statement. And I would have removed it if I got the chance..

I don't see why we HAVE to take every piece of crap that gets thrown at us. You use our system or you don't use our system, but I feel almost violated when you use our own system to take a dump on us. If you think that's okay, then you don't belong on our system because I don't want you there and that's the only reason needed.
Quote from The Moose :I would suggest you can have criticism when it's backed up with a reasonable argument.

That was just trolling.

About that picture I said it's a statement. For the arguments just search in the CTRA launch thread.

To be honest people, this really reminds me of some kind of dictatorship. I don't use bad language, my racing is good and fair. It's not even against the rules.

Ah well, I think we've had a discussion like this before.

But I would just like an answer to my question.

Quote from do0f :I don't see why we HAVE to take every piece of crap that gets thrown at us. You use our system or you don't use our system, but frankly I feel almost violated when you use our own system to take a dump on us. If you think that's okay, then you don't belong on our system because I don't want you there. And that's the only reason needed.

I appologized, I would have deleted it. It's gone, ok?
Each green bar represents a number of points, not just one, and as you go up licences it represents more points. It will move.
#11 - do0f
Quote from Darkone55 :I appologized, I would have deleted it. It's gone, ok?

I'll leave it up to Becky to decide. I only really deal with on track abuses of the system.
Quote from Becky Rose :Each green bar represents a number of points, not just one, and as you go up licences it represents more points. It will move.

Yea, I know but, I've done over 10 races today on your server (about 7 or 8 wins, fastest laps/ maybe podiums) and it didn't increase even 1 block. So I must have earned about more then 100 points..
#13 - FL!P
Quote from Darkone55 :To be honest people, this really reminds me of some kind of dictatorship. I don't use bad language, my racing is good and fair. It's not even against the rules.

Of course it's a dictatorship. If someone you invited at a party took a dump behind your couch, would you kick him out, or would you organize a poll?
I figured it was easier just to remove the image and disable uploading for the user in question than to flaff around debating things. Problem sorted.

It is hard sometimes when you know the work that has gone into the system when you see people making a mockery of it, but CTRA is practically institutionalised in LFS now, and we just have to turn a blind eye and thicken our skin when it comes to dealing with the 'them' and 'us' issues.
@Darkone55, if you did all this on SS1 where I believe you are a NatB licence holder then each block would represent 100 points, my guess is you probably scored under 100pts today.
Quote from FL!P :Of course it's a dictatorship. If someone you invited at a party took a dump behind your couch, would you kick him out, or would you organize a poll?

In a comparable situation. Like.. for example, to keep with your party;
If I invite someone for a party and someone says: "This party sucks" or something in that direction I don't really find that a reason to throw him out. Maybe to give him more beer...

Quote from Becky Rose :@Darkone55, if you did all this on SS1 where I believe you are a NatB licence holder then each block would represent 100 points, my guess is you probably scored under 100pts today.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to be more patient then.. BTW, please take a look at the PM.
Quote :If I invite someone for a party and someone says: "This party sucks" or something in that direction I don't really find that a reason to throw him out. Maybe to give him more beer.

You didnt say "this party sucks", you graffiti'd it...

It doesnt matter though, moving on. I hope you enjoyed tonights racing.
Thats pretty childish to be honest.

I'll bet the whole photo / featured racer, on the front page will be removed now. Since you've proved it can be abused. Way to go.

Edit: did you check for what winds you were racing in, south city earlier had some high winds on it. type $track in game to see the lap records, the closer you are, the more you score.
#19 - SamH
Quote from richy :I'll bet the whole photo on the front page will be removed now. Since you've proved it can be abused. Way to go.

Nahh don't worry, I wouldn't do that. We'll deal with things on an individual basis if this kind of thing arises again
We'll, but now I can't view my own stats.. Like I said, I would have deleted it. Sorry, but I really don't see the problem.. If you got a problem with something I do you can just PM me, and I'll fix it.
too late. If youdont like it, dont come onto the servers, forums, etc.
I'm quite staggered that a situation such as this has arisen simply because you didn't spend the time to actually check how many points you were earning. If the green bars weren't moving, why on earth didn't you look at your actual points score on raceauthority.com? You must have been there to spit on the UKCT's hard work, so it was hardly out of your way.

The only reason you found fault with the system was because you didn't know how many points you needed to get to the next licence tier - and you couldn't be bothered to check it. I suppose that's Becky's fault for not telling you, and a percentage figure on raceauthority.com isn't good enough? That would be a bad argument if the scores required for each tier hadn't been posted on these forums time and again, but they have been, so it is no argument at all.

Personally, I think you're quite lucky that all this has cost you is your privilege of uploading images.

Sam
Quote from Darkone55 :To be honest people, this really reminds me of some kind of dictatorship. I don't use bad language, my racing is good and fair. It's not even against the rules.

It's a privately built and privately owned system which is allowing public access for free. Like with all servers, if you don't like them you don't use them - same with leagues.

Quote from Darkone55 :If you got a problem with something I do you can just PM me, and I'll fix it.

Shouldn't that work the other way around too? If you had a problem with the CTRA not being good for proper racers, why didn't you PM them and they could fix it?

Very childish - tut tut.
Quote from Dark Elite :I'm quite staggered that a situation such as this has arisen simply because you didn't spend the time to actually check how many points you were earning. If the green bars weren't moving, why on earth didn't you look at your actual points score on raceauthority.com? You must have been there to spit on the UKCT's hard work, so it was hardly out of your way.

The only reason you found fault with the system was because you didn't know how many points you needed to get to the next licence tier - and you couldn't be bothered to check it. I suppose that's Becky's fault for not telling you, and a percentage figure on raceauthority.com isn't good enough? That would be a bad argument if the scores required for each tier hadn't been posted on these forums time and again, but they have been, so it is no argument at all.

Personally, I think you're quite lucky that all this has cost you is your privilege of uploading images.

Sam

I have no idea what you are talking about. To be honest I just found out that it's possible to see my actual points. So don't come with any conclusions if you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote from xaotik :It's a privately built and privately owned system which is allowing public access for free. Like with all servers, if you don't like them you don't use them - same with leagues.

Well, I do like most of the racing. And all the people I usually race with go there too. It's only the system I don't like. But I've had that discussion already.

Quote from xaotik :Shouldn't that work the other way around too? If you had a problem with the CTRA not being good for proper racers, why didn't you PM them and they could fix it?

Don't worry, I had done that a few times already.

If you don't know where this is all about, just don't reply. I think this is something between me and the admins.
Quote from Darkone55 :Don't worry, I had done that a few times already.

If you don't know where this is all about, just don't reply. I think this is something between me and the admins.

Oh, well if this is an ongoing thing between you and the admins then by all means, knock yourself out. Just that since it was out here in public forum, I thought you wanted it public... my wrong.

All I, and others I suppose, can hope for is that the makers and admins of CTRA (and/or other leagues, servers, etc) don't get disillusioned/fed up with people taking shots at them for it and decide it's not worth the fuss getting into the trouble of providing a free service like this.
This thread is closed

No points?
(29 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG