The online racing simulator
Help (Sorry if already asked didn't search)
I can't go in the CTRA servers? I always get errors like "Did not receive track info." I can get in all of the servers except teh CTRA servers, have I been banned?

-Thanks
If your in the Philipines it is quite possible your connection isn't good enough I sometimes get that message on the first attempt to connect and I've got a good connection

Have you been able to connect in the past?
It always happens to me every first time I try to connect to a server in LFS, no matter wich server It gives an error, but if I try once again It's ok. Really weird.
I live in California USA my connection is ok I don't lag much. I was able to come and race there before, but now for some reason I can't go in after trying multiple times.
I just had a wierd thing happen also I got disconneted from CTRA1 mid race then for several minutes I couldn't see the server in the server list at all. After a couple of minutes the CTRA servers came back again and I was able to connect. No one else got disconnected...
#6 - FL!P
Quote from Btoryo :I can't go in the CTRA servers? I always get errors like "Did not receive track info." I can get in all of the servers except teh CTRA servers, have I been banned?

-Thanks

I don't think you get that kind of error when you've been banned (but I can be wrong). However, I'm sure that if you've been banned, you can see it mentioned on your MyCTRA page. Go to http://www.raceauthority.com/ and click on MYCTRA.
#7 - amp88
If you're banned you'll immediately get a "Host refused connection" message when you try to connect. You won't get as far into the connection process as trying to get the track info.
Quote from Glenn67 :I just had a wierd thing happen also I got disconneted from CTRA1 mid race then for several minutes I couldn't see the server in the server list at all. After a couple of minutes the CTRA servers came back again and I was able to connect. No one else got disconnected...

+1
I always have this problem with ctra servers. Its a connection issue, and is intermittent and dependant on ping and number of racers in server, at least it is for me.. Usually if you try again it will work.
#10 - Jakg
If you can't get in - can you ping UKCT.net? Do you seem to get any high pings or packet loss?
For your information the CTRA servers are physically located in Heathrow, England.

Those I have seen experiencing lag and disconnection issues are mostly players from a loooooong way away. I'm amased they can play on ours servers at all actually.

If I could find enough skilled Aussies willing to work hard without stealing the server , and enough money to back it, I would happily setup a Southern Hemisphere server for the CTRA.
Aussies should have trouble pinging most LFS servers, always. Also people far away in South America.

I ping your servers around 170ms, which is average from here to England. At best, I've pinged 120ms to a BF2 server in England, and that is really good. LFS plays fine for anything under 200ms.... it's just how stable the connection is that really affects LFS.
Quote from Tweaker :Aussies should have trouble pinging most LFS servers, always.

I thought that too, though I'm always amazed that the Aussies and Kiwis i see on CTRA are very rarely a problem.
There was a Kiwi last night that had a little bit of lag shaking going on, but generally LFS seem to cope with the high pingers better than any other online game I've seen.
Aye, even from my 56k modem days, it was always pretty solid.
Quote from Becky Rose :For your information the CTRA servers are physically located in Heathrow, England.

Those I have seen experiencing lag and disconnection issues are mostly players from a loooooong way away. I'm amased they can play on ours servers at all actually.

If I could find enough skilled Aussies willing to work hard without stealing the server , and enough money to back it, I would happily setup a Southern Hemisphere server for the CTRA.

Norway isn`t that far away from England, and I often gets disconects, or canot connect to the server :/
All the other servers are fine on LFS master server, but sometimes the CTRA servers just won`t let me join.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG