The online racing simulator
Dixon V Franchitti
(20 posts, started )
Dixon V Franchitti
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=oFpYMvFwOPQ

OK, So in last nights IRL, Dixon and Dario have a little coming together. To me Dixon deliberately let the car hit Dario, look at the shot were you see Dixon's car going backwards then all of a sudden the wheels change direction towards the wall, and Franchitti. Dirty Bar Steward.

Anyway, what this does mean that Chicago Land is going to be one heck of a race, even Kanaan has a fair chance. Mon the Franchitti.
Yeah a good driver would've just stopped with his car facing the other direction.... NOT turn the wheels to block the path of another car. He definitely turned the wheels to create that crash.

Thx for the video btw, I saw some article about this, but couldn't find a video of it last night.
the most idiot thing i've saw in a while, not only does he take out 1 car who even left him room to pass he also turns over like that, total idiot.

Hope he gets more than a slap on the wrists too, not a very sportsmans way to do it by a long shot.
that passes ,or happens whatever it is, me in LFS, people that do that, and hit me
Hmm, that's an interesting one. You can see he turns the wheel, well I couldn't see the steering-wheel at that resolution, but you can see the wheels themselves turn. In my experience if you were running backwards after a spin like that you would brake and keep your wheel straight, you wouldn't aim it towards the barrier. Heck, if anything you would to aim it the other way, then you might even have a chance to continue. Still, it's impossible to know exactly what was going on in Dixons head and he must have been thinking very quickly if he had turned in intentionally. As I say, it's a very interesting one.
I watched the re-run on Sky Sports today, to me its fairly obvious that after the crash he deliberately hit Franchitti. What possible justification could he have for turning his car into the wall like that, actually making it a bigger target and blocking more of the track. The fact he was also going backwards means that he could see where the cars coming towards him were going. It happened quickly, but when these guys race at 200mph most weekends, I think their brains work in fractions of a second perfectly well.
I really want to see some onboard footage of Dixon. I have a feeling that you'd see his hands move the steering wheel himself, all while looking at Dario's car coming towards him. But only video can prove this.... I just wonder what it looked like from Dixon's point of view.

Only thing I do notice is that Dixon was never really doing a full 180, he was still sideways before he changed directions.... so coming back into the wall is very possible. Maybe he was trying to do some flip-around stunt move lol.
I watched that race

Well one thing's for sure, Dixon will never race in NASCAR and not cause a controversy, if he did that in a field of 43 he'll get half of the field pissed LAWL

Anyway I've only watched it from then, but it looked like bad driving rather then intentional crashing. But that's just what I saw. If I had more camera angles then I can probably make a better comment

Quote from Tweaker :I really want to see some onboard footage of Dixon. I have a feeling that you'd see his hands move the steering wheel himself, all while looking at Dario's car coming towards him. But only video can prove this.... I just wonder what it looked like from Dixon's point of view.

Only thing I do notice is that Dixon was never really doing a full 180, he was still sideways before he changed directions.... so coming back into the wall is very possible. Maybe he was trying to do some flip-around stunt move lol.

That's common in INDY for some strange reason. If that's true then that's poor judgment (or bad driving)
This should give you a good reason why he would turn into Franchitti, not saying that was the right thing to do, but it is probably why he did it.
dixon is a freaking noob for turning his wheels for block the other guy what a noob
He should be docked 50 points for that. He was obviously doing it for the championship. At least schumacher would try to hide it when he would attempt to stop his opponents(remember quali at Monaco?).
Yeah I remember schumacher taking out damon hill when his car was trashed and unable to get a race result too. Very snide and slimey a bit like this vid. Whenever it comes down to the final championship points, the drivers show their real colours.
Quote from richy :Yeah I remember schumacher taking out damon hill when his car was trashed and unable to get a race result too. Very snide and slimey a bit like this vid. Whenever it comes down to the final championship points, the drivers show their real colours.

Agree, and what it does show that Dario refused to complain on TV and was willing to give Dixon the benefit of the doubt, even though it was clearly a deliberate hit.

Dario really is a gentleman on the track and off, maybe we should get him on LFS
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Agree, and what it does show that Dario refused to complain on TV and was willing to give Dixon the benefit of the doubt, even though it was clearly a deliberate hit.

I'm actually very surprised about that.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie : Dario really is a gentleman on the track and off, maybe we should get him on LFS

quoting his wife Ashley Judd huh?
Quote from lizardfolk :
quoting his wife Ashley Judd huh?

Hey, she's easy on the eye, and speaks the truth.

Damn, Darios a lucky man
MON THE FRANCHITTI.:trophy: :crown:

What a race, and probably the worst way for Dixon to loose the race/championship on the last corner out of fuel, but I don't care .

On a side note, has the Saltire looked any better than when it was draped of Ashley Judd.
I watched it with 28laps remaining... damn It was cool! way better than f1 , Dixon must be hitting himself into the wall, "Damn fuel Damn fuel"
lol @ Judd calling Milka Duno out.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :lol @ Judd calling Milka Duno out.

Yeah she seemed well cheesed off at Milka, something that happened earlier on in the season.

Dixon V Franchitti
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG